Post your city / town's old map

Post your city / town's old map

Julia Augusta Taurinorum

>Yamaguchi prefecture

Fuck Abe's home ground.

have fun your Radiation, Fukushima mutant.

posting old paiting of my city

Thread is so dead I might as well post some paintings.

that is a beautiful painting

in the past

Budapest around 300 AD

Yeah, Victor Meirelles was pretty based. He painted pic related.

I wish we had castles and huge historical buildings over here like you guys have in Europe.

nowadays

Buda and Pest in the 17th century, under Ottoman occupation

>tfw no more big sail ships to sail in my costal waters
feels bad man

Could just find this...

ok i'm going to read more about him and his paintings
>I wish we had castles and huge historical buildings over here like you guys have in Europe.
haha in the case of my city great part of that historical buildings were destroyed by wars, at least your city have a tropical vegetation that make it more beautiful

thanks Germany for this baller portrayal of Rennaisance Buda

that's a nice bridge

70 years ago

that was a pontoon bridge, the first permanent stone bridge in Budapest was built in 1849

The town i live in was founded in 1979, there are no any old maps of it. The oldest i could find was made in 1998.

that's a huge change
was trying to find paintings of my city in the middle age but the problem is that until xvi century it was a villa, the capital was in Toledo

Although Stockholm is a degenerate shit city nowadays it's actually pretty interesting historically. Pretty much the entire city is built on 14 islands. Which makes it excellent for trade and also makes it defensible.

Does your city have a motto?
mine is "Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son. Esta es mi insignia y blasón" in english is something like "On water I was built, my walls are made of fire. This is my ensign and escutcheon"
It's pretty old, some people says that comes from the times of the visigothic kingdoms.