Are you ready for the best Distro release in current history in just a few months?

Are you ready for the best Distro release in current history in just a few months?

>Xubuntu 18.04

16.04 LTS is older than jesus.
I wonder how good 18.04 LTS is going to be.
All linux DE's are still shit, but XFCE still reigns supreme.

>LTSfags
any Xubuntu release is already best distro mankind have

>All linux DE's are still shit, but XFCE still reigns supreme.

Yes I agree Xfce is king of the shit heap gasoline fire that is Linux DEs.

I like Xubuntu

I actually met someone who uses it on his netbook a few days ago and he called it "Ecks Ubuntu" while I thought it was "Zoobuntu"

Which is it anyway?

I'm excited, I just hope I won't be disappointed. 17.10 is surprisingly good; I'm running stock for now because I was curious to see how badly they'd fuck it up, but it's quite neat. I'm thinking I'll stick with it until 18.04.

You're correct, it's the latter.

ive always pronounced it zubuntu/zoobuntu

Xubuntu is just sweet, why can't KDE make a Ubuntu distro (Kubuntu/KDE Neon) as /comfy/ as Xubuntu?

Because KDE people same as Gnome people don't have a clue what they are even doing.

Can't wait

Is it going to be LTS?

That doesn't look like void.

actually it's pronounced ksubuntu

*screen tears*

it's pronounced chubuntu with ch like in loch

yes that is also acceptable as it is the correct IPA pronunciation

Spring releases in even years are LTS.
I'm definitely planning to run 18.04, but I'll probably use the official Gnome spin with the Ubuntu stuff removed.

If I was on a lower specced machine I'd use XFCE, but Gnome rocks on large format displays.

so how long is 16.04 going tobe supported?

It's just an ubuntu variant which is a debian variant that comes with plenty of bloat out of the box. Still uses systemd. Doesn't innovate at all. Void is what you should look at if you want to see a really impressive distro. Not a derivative of anything. New package manager. Libressl instead of openssl. No systemd. Fast and minimal.

I really like void but it has an initramfs

what's wrong with an initial ramdisk?
too many features for you?

it makes booting too slow. on a laptop that hibernate is nonfunctional on, I appreciate fast startup

It boots faster than any distro I've ever used, and I don't have an SSD or anything. It's impressively fast every time.

It's supported until April 2019.
LTS for the *ubuntus is only 3 years.

Almost sure it used to be 4 years

I really think we should stay away from Canonical

install compton

>2017
>Still using DE
Switch to WM already, DEs can't even compete.

Subtle

youre both wrong, it's actually khubuntu with gluttural h

>gluttural

both ExUbuntu and Zubuntu are obviously wrong. The correct pronounciation is KsUbuntu.

But a derivative is a good think?
Does the sentence 'we stand on the shoulders of giants' mean anything to you?