What chair do you guys use, do you any of you suffer from back pain? I swear my chair is giving me a hernia

What chair do you guys use, do you any of you suffer from back pain? I swear my chair is giving me a hernia.

a hernia or a herniated disc?

Herniated disc, I have sciatica if that helps.

I stretch and play vr boxing in the morning, I have tha back of an old Russian farmer
>strong

I use a posturepedic chair I bought from Staples and it outclasses the $500 steelcase leap I bought like 6 years ago. If you have back problems while sitting, you're probably sitting too much. Throw in more walking in your daily routine.

I'm a wage-cuck on the side of uni, and spend most of my day on my feet shifting crates. I'm not overweight but I feel like the chair I have isn't right for me, like in the OP pic.

I use an armchair, better than any desk chair.
I do slouch from time to time but too be fair I lift weights and my posture is good.
Finding a good airmchair to match your desk height, arm rests etc is a real pain though.
I have two desk chairs I only use for like 20 to 30 minutes while working on another desk but they are not something I use for prolonged periods of time.

>thats my chair
how fucked am I?

At work: knoll generation

At home: some generic office chair, probably going to get an embody later next year, or when this chair eventually breaks down, whichever comes first

I think it's safe to say you're...... boned :^)

ideally i don't sit on a chair outside of the car
i sit on the floor or at home on the bed

Got a couple of Martela Triton chairs for free a few years ago. I figured I'd be replacing them quickly like usual but I'm still using the first one. Good Finnish build quality.

As a person that still want the use of legs when I get 50, what can I do to prevent this?

At home I use a generic office chair with a pillow for added cushioning. My job is a standing job (food processing plant). Supposedly a standing job is better for your health than a sitting one.

>sciatica
i have this too, it's terrible
it's why i plan to retire from tech in 5 years

Pic related.
I had backpain for a while back.

If you keep slouching, any chair is bad for your back. I use this but I keep my core tight and chest out.

Sorta similar. I sit mostly on the carpet. Sometimes use the cushion.

What support the cushions?
a wall?

it seems that my coccyx reorientated somehow and my right hipbone has twisted. it's very, veyr uncomfortable to sit and my leg is constantly tingling

programming is not a career, it's a death sentence.

That is a good way to sit - at an obtuse angle.

Friction on the carpet. Its a large enough cushions that the cushion doesn't need "real" support. Ofcourse it moves back if I lean too back, but that is by design. It also functions as a pillow/backsupport when I'm laying down to watch movies/anime.

Avoid sitting for more than 30min at a time.
Try to walk around, ur employers should understand
Sciatica issues are a damn curse.
Stretching for 15min in the morning and before bed helps a lot.

i had a herniated disc at 26, this shit is serious business, you can get crippled by that.

that chair looks just like mine

the patrician way to sit

i alternate between these positions when sitting on my office chair

Got a desk stand thing (moves up/down with buttons). So I just stand often.

Got a laptop so I can continue work at any place and position I like (e.g. on a bed).

As for chairs, I don't sit a lot on one atm and haven't personally tried any really good ones.

sitting w/out a backrest is the best for the spine.

Herman Miller Aeron. I don't have back pain anymore.

recliner

no traditional office chair will ever reduce the sciatica or other impacts on your spine

get a wireless mouse an keyboard and have a table or something either to the left or right where you can place the keyboard an mouse easily and quickly and oftenly to an from for when you either arent typing or need to get up

otherwise you can keep it sitting on your thighs and the mouse will amazingly not slide off, unless u have leather but any fabric or slip cover will over good enough frriction, even when you get up an the chair rocks

the MK230 cheap logitec optic mouse works perfectly fine on every surface, so does the wired MK120

exercise

a lazy boy desu and/or get an inflatable neck pillow, put just a little bit of air then sit on it

also, check the image, but you need a chair with a good back support

t. someone with chronic multiple discs issues

>all those position with knees in 90 degree.
What's wrong with you?

I do planks and abs pratically every day to evade back problems

i put a chair of my desk and put on my laptop on there because of the nagging lower back pain i get when i sit for more than 5 minutes.

doing exercises everyday is the only thing that helps in my case