I bet 1000 euros on tonight's basketball match, Lithuania versus Brazil, that Lithuania will win

I bet 1000 euros on tonight's basketball match, Lithuania versus Brazil, that Lithuania will win.
I worked for four months for that amount. Hopefully that money won't go to waste.
What about you, Sup Forums are you watching the olympics?

are you going to make 1500 if you win

Well that's quite obvious. You're basketball-Europeans after all. Will you even make any money? That's like betting that South Africa would defeat us in a rugby match.

I hope you lose you dumb faggot

>yfw ameriniggs will win again

Richest man in Lithuania

I watched a little bit of the Olympics earlier today.

Are you happy now?

He could earn two potatoes a month but it'd still be better living there than in Ireland, paddy

That's why you don't live there anymore, namefag?

Temporarily, jacek

gonna be living in LT soon - 1000 in four months?

Tf have you been doing collecting cans?

although i dont believe you...i wish you good luck

>Aruba

Where are you really from ?

From Aruba?

Your flag

Nobody is really from Aruba

Yeah, I got that. I'm from Aruba.

Proofs ?

>What about you, Sup Forums are you watching the olympics?
I live in Rio and I couldn't care less about it desu senpai

I like winter sports more than summer tbqh

Why are you moving to LT ?

t. former LT resident

>wettig betaalmiddel
als je maar weet dat je nog van ons bent

I study in the Netherlands and I'm gonna do my exchange there for 6 months

pff ik zeur niet hoor, ik heb mn europese paspoort. Ik hoef niks meer. Ik heb geen idee wat NL aan Aruba heeft maar ik zie het alleen als plus punten voor ons en veel min punten voor jullie desu

whats lt?

Lithuania

Můj negře

You chose well my friend

t. Former erasmus student there

2k euros were made

2k, or 1k?

Nu in total
Dar pora spejimu buvo

Which city? Vilnius? If so where did you stay?

Yes, Vilnius University. I stayed in a private flat but I've spend many an evening at both Saulėtekis and Olandų dormitories if you have some questions (I assume those are still the only two VU dorms for foreign scum)

Yeah I'm looking to get a private flat in the city (or at least close to it) but I'm having tough luck since the older gen doesn't speak english...

I do not want to stay in a dormitory since there are so many rules - our guides mentioned that you aren't allowed to have guests after 22:00 and no drinking and all that stuff.

How much was your flat btw?

>our guides mentioned that you aren't allowed to have guests after 22:00 and no drinking and all that stuff.

kek. Nobody gives a fuck about that (perhaps moreso at Olandų but DEFINITELY not at Saulėtekis). In Saulėtekis you can do whatever the fuck you want, fuck people have kitchen parties with loud music where you cant even move and the whole place becomes congested with tobacco smoke that it becomes unsafe. If you want to live like a civilised human being, Saulėtekis is not for you. But if you are a partying faggot then i highly, highly recommend it.

I don't see why it should be an issue with language as most lettings agents speak English anyway, just dont convey yourself as a typical erasmus student and it should be fine.

I came in January 2010 during the height of the gfc, it cost me 1.200LTL pcm (350EUR) for a one bedroom flat on Goštauto street (old town/river views), sure it's a lot more than that now.

where will you be staying? I can help you if you want

I don't have any place to stay yet, I've been looking on aruodas for a flat but no one replies back...

Yeah that's the thing, I do like to party but I can imagine this being an issue when I'm not in the mood. I will be attending Vilnius College and not Uni though (not sure if that makes a difference, just throwing it out there).

My budget is around 350 since that's how much I pay in Netherlands but considering I need to pay for utilities too I'd say 320 - max 400 with utilities

Will you be staying in kaunas or Vilnius? if in kaunas I could help you find a flat

Do you want to flat share ? Many erasmus students book a hostel for the first couple of weeks and join up with other erasmus students after they arrive in vilnius to look for a flat together. I think landlords who are open to flat shares are more open to erasmus students too.

>350
both in kaunas and vilnius if you want to live decent, that's impossible for that price

Pzdc. O kiek apskritai už 2 kambarių butą Vilniaus senamiestyje dabar ?

Kaunas might be doable, Vilnius, yeah, the prices are completely unreasonable.

You the guy who always hypes Lithuanian basketball games in balt?

I wouldn't mind sharing a flat, however most of the people coming are from Portugal (fcb group) more than 70% - they all seem to know each other I don't know if they already have plans to live somewhere.

Vilnius, and I actually saw a lot of decent places for less. But if you're talking about right in the city center itself yeah...probably not.

isnt there a few good Lithuanian basketball players?

Little piece of advice for Erasmus in Lithuania, don't flatshare with Spanish people in Erasmus, they are nice but parties every night from end of the afternoon till dawn.
And don't let the owner of the flat swindle you into him keeping your deposit.

Having the same issue with my old landlord in the Netherlands, dude owes me 360 euros but I'll wait until the contract time is over to see whats up.

How exactly did they try to swindle you into that?

? There's only a few people each year from Portugal. Most people are from Poland and Spain. Contact your mentor (assuming he/she has contacted you already) they should be able to help with connecting you with other erasmus students

They mostly talk to you in Lithuanian or Russian and take advantage of you not knowing the language to invent some laws telling you that you owe them and they'll call the police and their lawyers. I didn't have that problem, my landlord was a very nice old lady but plenty of my mates had the problem even if they were not flat destroying party animals.

We have a facebook group, I just checked today again and it's at 50 members. I started looking at higher range prices and holy fuck
the quality in housing skyrockets with 200Euros extra. It went from underground looking shelter at 200 then at 300 Okay then at 550 it looks like a 5 star complex.

Facebook erasmus group stats

13 - LT guides
23 - PT
3 - SP
2 - BE
3 - idk some kind of asian
2 - Ru
1 - Lat

Thanks, I'll try to remember that luckily I have an old LT ESN member I know from NL.

Ask Lithuanians too, they don't bite

Give it a few weeks, it's still early August. I used to be both an erasmus student AND mentor, these things can be organised very quickly but also last minute. Why don't you look for somewhere in Antakalnis, Žirmunai and Žverynas ? These are all noce nice neighbourhoods that aren't the old town so should be able to suit your budget. Šiaurės Miestelis is also very nice but may be more than you're looking to spend. I would say avoid Naujininkai and Naujamiestis (new town) with the exception of those streets close to the centre as those places can be a bit dodgy. If you look further out you may find it pretty shitty for transport without a car so in which case I'd recommend a dormitory.

Absolutely this. In general Spanish erasmus students are the worst, and I'd never flat share with them.

When did you come to LT ? How did you find the lifestyle/studies ?

I was there 2 years ago. Erasmus is quite the experience really.
Lithuania is peculiar, people either hate you or are very interested by what you have to offer.
The lifestyle was surprisingly good. The studies were way too easy.
I still have a very good memory of it?.

>Antakalnis
way too far.

>Žverynas
I've been looking here since it's pretty close to my school.

I'm mostly looking for a flat within Naujamiestis - Senamiestis and Žverynas.

>I'll take both your words about spanish people.

I'm honestly not looking for anything fancy, just a room - bed - kitchen style things. Back in NL I was paying 360 for a 16m2 room.

yes ROOM, in a house I shared with 7 people - one of whom brought his heroin snorting bitch and got her ass beat regularly. It's pretty difficult to go lower than what I had.

>The studies were way too easy.
Yeah that's true. What about classes held in English for erasmus in France or do these not exist ?

I know one french guy who got married and had a bébé with a lithuanian girl, they still live in Vilnius. Their lifestyle is comfiness intensified x1000. Though to be fair his parents paid for a lot of shit.

Studies were easy? How so? I can't say I'm working my ass off in The Netherlands but I really do put in a lot of effort for mediocre grades, then again Dutch people are faggots when it comes to grading and I've dealt with that my whole life.

>Hey you did a fucking tremendous job, you guys should take X as an example, very well done.
>6.5/10

>betting on anything other than Argentina and USA

Fucked in the head m8. Our niggers slept one giant beds and you had a hotel cot. Get ready for your ass-beating.

I'm sure you can find a flat share with your own room in the old town for your budget, most other erasmus will be looking there anyway. Btw Antakalnis has direct regular transport to the centre so is actually 'closer' than Žverynas. And if you're studying economics, law or communication your studies will be in Saulėtekis anyway so it makes a lot of sense.

If you want post your email and i can help you with other shit you want to ask now or later, that is if you feel comfortable posting it on this xinjiang yurt assembly forum.

I know a French guy who stayed and opened a few fast food shop there, he is not the bébé kind though ...

>What about classes held in English for erasmus in France or do these not exist ?
We have a lot of foreign students but they come here to have classes in French, not really English (except for English Philology of course) ...

You will be studying with spaniards and koreans whose knowledge of English barely extends beyond where the weed ese or what mean a finance ekity? and they need to achieve a passing grade so the standards are quite low.

Yeah I met quite a few french people there (way more than expected) as well as being a mentor to two, they were all bros. As in they were actually interested in being there as opposed to spaniards/Italians who came there because it was cheap (and also bitches).

French people are fucking awesome when they're not in France. I mean, my mom is from Quebec (why I know French) and they act lick total dickheads unless they're in another country. Paris is a shitshow because they have to get used to telling people where all the tourist spots are, listening to people in broken French or their own shitty fucked up language. Still pissed me off when I talked to Parisians in fluent French and they acted like we were speaking a different language.

Fuckers.

French chavs exist but we try to keep them at home but I surprisingly met a few in Lithuania.
For the rest, yeah, we are not as bad as the World would like to think, people are generally surprised about this.
I found Spaniards/Italians/Turks to be very stereotypical.

>where is the louvre
>where is the tower

It's like yeah I get why you're so pissed off but I'm reaching out, speaking your language and asking where in the living fuck the nearest toilet is.I need to take a piss.

Yeah I saw that B1 was what you needed to get in the school, I didn't take that too seriously but now that you say it, it makes sense.

Funnily enough within a day of the group being created people were already asking for drug hookups, not even kidding. Of course it got deleted but still.

I will be studying Business management, I think my school is in Žverynas.

Not gonna lie, those were one of my main reasons too. That and the fact that it's in the heart of all countries that I haven't been to yet In Europe (mostly nordic and baltic).

What I've heard about the women there though is that they're fairly conservative but, I've been an ESN mentor a few times, and most of the times it's not even about the local women but other women on their erasmus.

Yeah I actually have a spam email you can contact me there - [email protected] (there's an R)
or Kik too since I use it frequently - barneyisawesome

>Spaniards - never had to dealt with them much but I had one or two in my past groups and they're very inclined to speaking Spanish to us because they know we (mentors were Aruban) knew Spanish. But then again they had poor English, the ones that spoke English fluently never even spoke Spanish that much.

Turks - I actually had very nice experience with them, I don't know if it matters but they were all white and "financially privileged" but very humble people. Not sure what you mean about stereotypical though

I beg your pardon? Why are you telling me this?

By stereotypical, I meant that they were really mediterranean, party party guys, always making great food, not very inclined to partake in their studies ... But, yeah very nice nonetheless!

>beg your pardon

Literally the shit that Parisians do.

Pardon?

Same thing as ignoring me you fuckface. You heard me. You could have told me to fuck off and at least I would have known you didn't want to talk to me.

Just saying. Parisians are absolute dickheads and it's like, they even come to Quebec and act like that. Dude you are in Canada. Stop pretending . It's not cool to be mean here.

I'm not from Paris, I don't really give a fuck mate ...

It's a general idea anyways. I wasn't directing it at you in particular.

>What I've heard about the women there though is that they're fairly conservative but

Perhaps just in their dress sense but otherwise you can find all different types. If you go to the discopub "Salento" (which you certainly will find out within a week of being erasmus in lithuania) then you can easily find bitches. But bear in mind this is a place owned and run by a greasy terrone that plays the same six shitty songs over and over and charges above average prices for shitty drinks. Try pantera, that place is better. Also I sent you a message.

I replied, I already saw the mentors badmouthing Salento - I guess those thing I'd just have to find out by personal experience.

The thing is in Netherlands I never had problems with women because they are not afraid to approach you, in fact it's the only place in the world that I've been to that the girls actually approach you instead of the other way around, so I never had to deal with that, last thing I want to do is come off as the creepy guy that;s trying to get wit the locals.

jus b urself

I don't think it really matters m8, I mean if you're just looking for jiggy jiggy and are not a social retard you will certainly 100% at least find it from other erasmus. After all that's what erasmus is all about.

This Lithuanian girl are not shy, if you bother them, they'll tell you

It's funny because Ireland is actually better off than the UK both in terms of HDI and GDP per capita.

This was posted four hours ago m8, what the shit

I got a irrational obsession with pointing that out.

Sweden please