Redpill me on Manjaro

redpill me on Manjaro

It's not $[insert your preferred distro]

Arch Linux for brainlets

It’s a just-werkz Arch. I love it. Grab the architect iso and get installing.

okay guess I'll try it

maybe I will finally get filepicker image previews

Only de that has that is KDE. Otherwise, you need ffmpegthumbnail or something other package.

You're right about it being just-X Arch, but rather than being just-werkz it's just-fuck-my-shit-up Arch.

>Only de that has that is KDE. Otherwise, you need ffmpegthumbnail or something other package.
>the state of GNU + Linux in 2017

Trivial compared to the hoops you have to jump through to get Windows to "allegedly" stop spying on you. Oh, and you get to do that every time Windows updates.

I haven't heard about any negative outcomes of windows spying on anyone so I will just assume that they just do it to improve their service.

might as well start your own isp and write your own drivers if you are afraid of companies spying on you

>Just give up, goy

As an arch user I think manjaro makes a lot of sense. Manjaro-i3 is basically my current setup but if I'd gone with that from the start instead of doing it myself could've saved a good amount of time. And you still get value from the arch wiki and aur as a manjaro user.

Because copy and paste from a wiki takes so much effort.
Think of it like this: Manjaro is to Arch as Ubuntu is to Debian netinst. Sorta. I'd actually say more like mepis or antiX than Ubuntu but no one ever knows what those are. It's basically taking the base distro and adding repos, an installer, and community spins.

Basically Arch with lots of preinstalled packages and mhwd. It inherits all of Arch's quirks and the AUR.

Antergos is the better distro.

how?

Why's that? I can't seem to see much that distinguishes the two only that manjaro seems to be more popular

Many people hate on this distro, yet I found it quite decent over the years. Its KDE spin gave me less troubles than many of the popular KDE distros out there such as neon, Kubuntu, openSUSE and Fedora. It works quite nicely.

What did you find worked better with manjaro kde that wasn't working in kubuntu/neon?

A little bit more stable and availability for things such as kio-gdrive, which I'm not sure which of those specific 2 didn't even have at all (it was a pain in the ass to build from source, too). But mostly it's about not getting frequent crashes. To br fair Fedora was the one that was getting on my nerves the most.

Oh and also easy switching between kernels and mpv not shitting the bed for me.

Arch Linux for the lazy or new

Yeah, yeah, ArchLinux is for manbabies and failures, we all know that. But we're talking about Manjaro here.

I kind of like cinnamon, but it feels laggy compared to xfce. Off topic. I know.

You can make xfce look 90% like sinnerman. I wonder why it even exists.

Avoid the redpills. They cause brain damage.