Can we all agree that qBittorrent is the purest, fastest and most favored torrent-client among the patrician?

Can we all agree that qBittorrent is the purest, fastest and most favored torrent-client among the patrician?

uTorrentfags need not apply.

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html
github.com/qbittorrent/search-plugins/wiki/Unofficial-search-plugins
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Deluge > the rest

>within 15 seconds of thread creation the Delugefags arrive to shit up the place

What's the difference between these? they look the same to me, apart from using different toolkits (gtk vs qt)

one respects your freedom and is made in python and is only updated if need be
the other is shit

never

qBittorrent has the advantage of being written by someone who knows how to write actual code.

Question: how does qBittorrent not respect your freedom?

correct

So qBittorrent is written better? I personally haven't noticed any huge differences.

qStalledMeme is the worst, slowest, most stalling and most favored torrent-client among the plebians.

aria2 > btpd > rtorrent = transmission > deluge > other trash.

It's something Delugefags spout on mass when they're confused. There has been done countless hours of network monitoring right here on Sup Forums that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that no information about anything you do is being passed anywhere it shouldn't be.

You didn't answer my question.

how does qBittorrent not respect your freedom?

It is very fucking good i replaced utorrent with it months ago and im never going back to that shitty utorrent

>Qbitorrent doesnt use a shit ton of CPU like utorrent (probably because utorrent has a miner)
>is open source and has no ads or 'pro" versions
>It actually lets you choose which files you want to download unlike utorrent that downloads everything ignoring the "do not download" options
>You don't have to install it offline for fear of it installing spyware shit like utorrent

The only downside is that it has no stop button only pause but you get used to it

qb does in fact not respect various freedoms

rTorrent > qBitTorrent > deluge > Tribler > transmission > anything else

Qt is better.

>Stalled

I don't get this meme. This problem was written out around 1.2 and the current beta is now in 3.4. It's been years and years since this was an issue.

In fairness though, everything is a step up from uTorrent.

what about bittorrent

Explain exactly how qb does not respect the freedoms as defined by GNU in the four essential freedoms section.
gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

there is no need for this thread every day

See . In controlled environments with private torrents it's been examined on multiple accounts and through many shitposting-threads that there is 0 breach of privacy.

What about it? It's botnet that takes a little note on everything you download/upload.

I see.
So what exactly IS the functional difference between them then (deluge and qb)?

>muh botnet!

qBitTorrent has a search engine and you can add individual sites to search from, eliminating the need of a web browser when searching for torrents.

Except 99% of them don't work.

Works on my machineā„¢

github.com/qbittorrent/search-plugins/wiki/Unofficial-search-plugins
?

>Delugeniggers start lying

uTorrent 1.8.5. Clean as fuck and just works.

Ktorrent

Prove me wrong.

literally who?

>nonfree software

You're a joke.

>Deluge
>better than anything
Wew how can one person be so delusional. The interface is pure trash. Basic things like adding torrents and assigning labels is nearly impossible without wanting to kill a dozen children.

Tixati=Transmission>every other bullshit software

>tixati
Kys

Open source, secure, based in the future (aka kde) and QT af. btfo qbit and deluge posters

Can't we all agree to just like different things?

It's not like torrent technology has evolved much anyway.

We're fighting over which client looks nicest which is pointless.

No, you kill yourself.

kys nerd

If that's the case ktorrent (kde torrent) wins hands down

You all have shit taste

How do you lads rate PicoTorrent? Switched to it after uTorrent and qBitTorrent got shit.

>tixati
>unironically using proprietary garbage for a torrent client
How retarded are you?

saved

ahahahahahahahahaha

dude.....

1. install qBittorrent on windows
2. block localhost:qBittorrent port in firewall (yea, it runs a local server)
3. start qBittorrent
4. watch it spin in a while true loop eating 99% of CPU

its literally trash code made by monkeys

nononono. we all have to use exactly the same thing, and then once that thing gets popular and/or used by normies, we have to agree that it was always a terrible thing.

Transmission works fine for me

>install qBittorrent on windows
>on windows
>windows
Why would I do such a thing?

That said, I will probably end up using rtorrent for my torrenting purposes, or possibly some other command-line solution.

Yes. Never encountered the "stalled" meme, either, even on Windows, linux, and like ten different computers. Also, the qbcontroller app is bretty good

>install software
>do something to deliberately break the software
>AHAHAHAHAHA THE SOFTWARE IS SO SHIT XD XD XD
Kys fag

I unironically really like Tixati. The fact that it has built in spoofing and timestamp manipulation is not a problem, it just means that the user has greater control over the software their computer is running. It's not the responsibility of the client devs to limit their software, simply because the tracker devs can't write proper code. It's a damn shame it isn't FOSS though.

I wonder if he hit himself in the head with a hammer to disprove the effectiveness of the skull as protection for he brain?

so fast

Software should always be written with the expectation of the user doing everything in his power to break it.

would try it, can I import all my torrents from qbittorrent, along with their locations?

Is there anything that lets you handle setting up torrent rss feeds remotely like rutorrent?

Guys, what's FOSS? I'm too retarded to understand what my search engine's telling me.

qBittorrent does that.

Free and Open Source Software.

First off, that definition in pic related should explain it pretty well.

Essentially, software that is not Proprietary or closed source

u misspelled transmission onii-chan

Neat, thanks guys.

>using trannyclients

>install uTorrent 2.2.1
>5mbs max down
>install qBittorent
>50mbs max down

I have been living in the past.

While we're on the topic: How the FUCK do I stop qBittorrent from downloading parts of files I didn't even select when starting it?

>not using a headless client running 24/7 on a server

>Content
>right-click on file
>Priority
>Don't download

*eats all your RAM*

>bloat GUI and user experience
>purest,fastest

Kill yourself normalfag

rTorrent is the only correct answer.

>muh command line!

End life.

qBittorrent doesnt have a small movable bar with your currently active torrent infos that you can have in the foreground of every window so you can see the connection speed,torrent size,ETA till download finish and % of torrent downloaded

how hard is it to implement ?,utorrent had this back in 2010

>unplug ethernet cable
>why doesn't it download??

This sounds bloaty as fuck. Current speeds in title bar is all you need.

>have to hover over with my mouse to the bottom of the startbar to check speeds instead of just glancing to it
>can switch tabs and check speeds at the same time

it was the only feature i missed from utorrent since moving to qbittorrent years ago

utorrent 2.2.1 = rtorrent >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> aynthing else you can think of

can you screenshot the floating horizantal bar i was talking about here?

qbittorent breaks on server os and you need it to run as a service both on windows server and linux

i use deluge on servers
utorrent on my machine i mean its just 500kb

>have to hover

Except not really. You can read your speed info literally right from your taskbar. No hovering required. Your taskbar title will update with your speeds every 0.5 seconds.

how can I see the speed without moving my mouse to the icon if I reading a webpage?

No, because rtorrent exists

Transmission is for normal people, like you and me. People who use anything else are bad dragon regular consumers, audiofools and guys that unironically have programming socks.

>grouping up your icons

Why?

I have too many icons since i use win key + icon number postion to switch tabs win key+4 to tab into browser win key+10 to tab into notepad for example

Qbittorrent downloads so fast, my harddrive will max out, and CPU usage jumps to 30-40%

This results in music sounding like slow motion when it happens (when music is playing)

Time to retire that Athlon, son.

*stalls your torrents*

he's right though

> Running Win 8.1
> Yesterday was the first time I used a multithreaded process, in 3 years of owning this shitty laptop

Good Lord, install some GNU distro already.

The search feature is probably my favorite, its fast and helps me avoid the trouble of looking for .torrent files on dubious websites, i use qbit on my main machine. I use rtorrent for my seedbox, it works well too

I'm pretty new to private trackers and perma-seeding. I want to buy a NAS for my torrents and seed from it. What's the standard practice and client to do this?

Cannot combine CAD and FEA on gnu.

Why the fuck are there no useful CAD programs on a GNU distro?

You jest but that kind of stupidity is more common than you think.

Who knows. Probably patents.

There is a home server general, you can probably get better answers in there.

How do you access it? BTW you can do the same with qbit on Linux.

This. rtorrent + rtcontrol > all

Give me one single reason to use rtorrent over qbittorrent on desktop.
>no muh lightweight
>muh command line
arguments pls.