Root access in 10 minutes

With this cheap ass toy any windows "pc" can be broken into.
How can windrones ever recover?
Enjoy your botnet.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/reset_root_password
lovelltec.com/password-reset-key-learn-more
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>windows

You can do the same to Linux.
It's not as secure as you think.

>it's hiren's boot on a usb drive

You can do this to Linux-gnu also you complete retard

>paying 22 burgerbux for Ultimate Boot CD and one of those promo USB keys
idiots.

/thread

>windrones believe this

not when you encrypt the root

It is a feature. Windows put in backdoors to make it easier for the NSA and that likely saves the tax payers tons of money. It is a good thing. Only bad thing is that it got leaked and microsoft have not made another backdoor so they need to keep this open until they do.

nonsense

>requires local access
If someone can touch your box, consider it owned.

Literally just boot into single user mode or mount the drive and chroot into it.

Eat shit and die

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/reset_root_password

Anyone who wants privacy and security does not use windows.

You can't change my root password without breaking luks encryption.

Are you retarded? everyone knows log in passwords are a complete joke.

Hell you don't even need to reset them or change them, you literally can bypass them and see the files inside a computer with a bootable Linux usb or by attaching the drive to another machine

The only interesting thing in that is that it says "even when bitlocker is enabled" but I suppose it would just trigger a factory reset since windows supposedly encrypts everything when you use bitlocker

>not using fde
its painless on linux

Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

A bios/efi password mitigates much of these threats.

Isn't that a read-only access? That's the same on windows. However which linux user doesn't encrypt his drives?

Yeah Apple is so user-friendly they display the password in clear-text as the hint.

>Requires BIOS access
Hahahahahahaaaa

>Unless you use disk encryption
Maybe try read the stuff you post, shill. If you're not using disk encryption yourself, then you deserve to get fucked.

If this is true I'd like to learn how it works. Post a link please.

>Even when shitlocker is enabled
>As if this changes anything

>Isn't that a read-only access?
Nigga is you serious, it's root access.

>2017
>using Linux without disk encryption
Nobody is that retarded, user

Your damage control is very feeble. I didn't respond to that post, or post anything of the sort, either.

Any competent user has BIOS locked by password

if you encrypt windows partition with veracrypt nobody can get in either so that's not really an argument and unless you are encrypting anybody can just walk up to your pc with a live usb and acces your files, no need to crack windows/linux password

just access up directly to the hard disk/ssd
you already have physical access

BIOS passwords are the weakest of the protection ever to exist. BIOS is very limited and its mechanisms is very basic.

this or reset bios

Did you not see the part about bitlocker?
>third party FOSS software
Great argument for Windows

>bruteforce-luks
>Grond
Any of these can do 2-5 passwords a second.

>2-5 passwords a second.
lol good luck

Some are pretty well protected.
That's why you should never get a thinkpad with locked BIOS.

yeah i've seen it but you have to be stupid to use it in the first place
i'm nod bashing on foss/linux, i'm an user of both, i'm just saying that a harddrive can be accesed directly bypassing any password checks when physical acces is gained unless encrypted

>lovelltec.com/password-reset-key-learn-more
>To unlock Windows you need to be able to access Windows. But what if your drive is encrypted with BitLocker? Well Password Reset Key allows you to unlock BitLocker drives using a password, recovery key or recovery file. If BitLocker is detected then you will be prompted to unlock the drive before resetting passwords.

Oh no it's nothing.

wasn't thinking about laptops, that actually could be pretty tricky

Did you forget luks can do key files? Your password brute force will never break that.

Or just dump the memory with LiME, get the hash, and work from that. It's entirely possible.

Bitlocker is trash, been broken for over a decade. Now, AES 256 + Two Fish + Serpant on boot is an option for windows, doubt anyone is gonna break in if you use anything beyond basic first-party software.

To add to that, what is ntpasswd, hiren's, konboot.

/thread

then just hide a physical keylogger in the computer

>people that don't use linux or macOS in 2017

Even if you only encrypt home noones getting in.

so has anyone bought it yet? is it just a flashdrive? if it is then we just need to copy the files, in that case does anyone have the files, I don't care if you don't like windows this is great for sysadmins