Start learning Swedish

>start learning Swedish
>A year later I finally see how fucking pointless it is

>being this retarded

Yeah, those laqnguages really only work if you're moving there or if you're a boo for that country... In which case you should move there...

Why did you even started learning it?

Globalization. Swedish will exist no more soon.

All their TV is workin in English language, plus they already started to speak English among themselves.

Because it sounded like there was some opportunity to it.

I tend to disagree with such statements but Sweden and Norway will almost turn into an Anglo country pretty soon.

I don't know if it's bad or good, but it's definitely going to be interesting.

>he didn't learn norwegian so he could understand all scandianvian languages

>learning danish

proofs?
demonstrate your Swedish skills please

>plus they already started to speak English among themselves.
Must have missed the memo then

Jag kan inte talar mycket svenska.

Is there even a point in learning languages past english if you don't plan on moving there? For example, I might wanna learn italian since Decameron is my favourite book, but it seems like a highly impractical decision to spend several years of daily practice just to read a fucking book and maybe shitpost in italic generals from time to time

>>learning danish

swedes must speak english when talking to danes

they're speaking arabic

I can see that mate

I am learning norwegian so I can fuck with wheelchair posters.

>but it's definitely going to be interesting
More likely their countries will became very boring.

if you work in the tourism or business industry it is a good thing to know languages that might make you more marketable

in certain regions of Spain knowing German is essential in order to get a job, even in retail or working as a bartender.

Hey! No bully!

>but Sweden and Norway will almost turn into an Anglo country pretty soon
hehe mm

Scientific studies suggests that learning languages is good for your brain.

Besides, it looks like either Arabic or Chinese tends to be world's second language, so they gonna be useful too.

dude, even I speak more Swedish than that!

>han föll för det

But its true

>start learning Swedish

Atleast you are better than our migrants.

Still german is very commonly spoken and used in many jobs. Learning swedish is just retarded imo

Haha yes guys don't learn Swedish and definitely don't move here haha there's really no point to it we're all arabic lol haha don't move here tho for real haha please don't fucking move here haha :)

It's really not

Honestly I don't think I'd ever learn another language, most languages are never actually useful unless you want to live there and most people in rich developed countries already speak English

>Swedish dying nation butthurt

>Scientific studies suggests that learning languages is good for your brain.
So is getting any other practical skill. I'm already trilingual (rus-eng-ger) so what benefit could there be i studying yet another language

Isn't Swedish the most learned language in Sweden on doulingo
I remember it being posted a lot during the sweden yes meme days

NEJ

Learning new languages is fun and feels good for you.

Helps work your brain. If you're not having fun or working towards a goal then yeah it's gonna be pointless.

>all these plebs trying to excuse their pathetic ability at language learning by saying that new languages are useless

Please nuke us

None indeed. And as far as I know you can only speak four or five languages at once, so overloading your brain with useless information is really bad idea.

This desu
I would only seriously learn a new language if I was moving to its country
Even if there were plenty of people who spoke English I would still learn their language because it's just the respectful thing to do

Yeah they're gonna be an arabic country not an anglo country. :^)

So we're at a consensus to stop learning Swedish and learn a language that can actually be used?

Hahaha what language is this?

Yep. Start learning Russian or Chinese.

Or German if you are West-centric that much.

yeah, learn english

>And as far as I know you can only speak four or five languages at once

Source? I don't doubt that there's a stop to how many languages one can speak at the same time, but I know people who speak more than 5. Not sure about the overloading part, our brain is pretty good at managing huge chunks of information and the media already gives us a lot of useless shit.

Op, I'm also learning Swedish and see profits everywhere... We used to learn Danish and Norwegian more easily and strengthens your knowledge in Germanic languages. Although the latter being Anglo-Saxon is a nonsense the second argument.

If you say the Swedish culture and its people, believe me, in a few years all over Europe spoke Arabic, except Spain will be new Peru.

Pecпýбликa Швéция when?

Heт.

Иcлaмcкий эмиpaт Швeция only.

11/10

e-english

I have a similar problem with german.I want to learn german,but in the same time it's totaly useless for me

kurva

>but I know people who speak more than 5
I bet they speak this languages not as good as their first ones, because their vocabulary should be mostly in passive form. Which means they can understand those languages but not actually speak them.

And also I bet that this guys are professional linguists or something like that.

Pienso que deberías aprender inglés antes de aprender lenguas inútiles como el sueco, amigo.

Language replacement doesn't work like that
Usually it only disappears if the ethnic population decided to either economically or through physical means to integrate into a larger majority. Language disappearing due to a foreign culture from another country is pretty rare. Native civilizations don't count since they are the former case.

Unless all of europe became a minority in a few year, an impossible achievement no matter how great your fear.

lmao

>I bet they speak this languages not as good as their first ones
Well no shit, one doesn't need to speak like an intellectual in order to be proficient in a certain language. With that being said, speaking more than 5 languages is far from impossible, especially if they're strictly related to each other (Spanish, French and Catalan are for example super-duper easy for italian-speakers)

>studying a language with less than 10 million native speakers
>those native speakers come from a country where almost 90% of people have knowledge of English

Ah yes, what could possibly go wrong!

Hahaha, no.

>Usually it only disappears if the ethnic population decided to either economically or through physical means to integrate into a larger majority.
But this is exactly what is happening today, European countries are trying to integrate with each other and so does all other world. And as words like "patriotism" becomes a swearwords and cosmopolitianism captures minds of the youth, this language replacement will really happen soon.

Try learning Japanese, Chinese or even German and then come back to me saying that learning romance languages isn't easy for a romance speaker you little shit.

The only hard thing is the huge quantity of false friends. Doesn't really change the fact that overall it's easy to reach a proficient level in them.

I used to be a Germanboo and wanted to learn German but fuck that now and fuck Germany.

glad I chose Japanese, I love anime

I've been learning Spanish for 10 years, just to recently discover how useless it is for me.

I learnt German because I loved their history (Prussia VS Austria and shit), stopped being an history-nerd and still don't regret it the least. Germany is so rich of good literature that you can't go wrong with it.

How the heck do you spent more than 8 years learning a language.

Italian is probably good for history too desu

By not practicing it.

Why'd start learning Swedish? What were your goals?

>How the heck do you spent more than 8 years learning a language.
I know people who have done that, bot only because they've started studying it in primary school, and language tuition in the UK is notoriously bad so even after 8 years they struggle to make any sentences

I had no goals. I just thought it would be a fun way to become more marketable. Turns out there's no market.

So if you could learn only 2 more languages ,which ones would you pick as the most useful?

>except Spain will be new Peru
Why do you say that?

Spanish and Chinese across the board.

German and French

This is the right answer for Americans.

German, Russian, and Arabic are useful as well.

Mandarin (because I'm already studying it) and either Russian or Arabic since no one here studies Russian or Arabic

>Turns out there's no market
Why did you think there'd be a market unless you actually planned on moving to Sweden?

Good pick statistically speaking

I thought Russian isn't very marketable outside of their usual touristic destinations?

Why German? Not many people speak it compared to other languages mentioned. And if you live in South America, there's not a lot of chances where you're going to use it.

German would rise my chances of getting a job in Europe

>Why German? Not many people speak it compared to other languages mentioned
It doesn't matter how many people speak it. What really matters is how many enterprises speak it. At least in Europe, German is the most useful language after English in the field of business.

Du är en liten snopp i rumpan

Why aren't you a Germanboo anymore?

jag vet den där känslan

Europe is overcrowded with migrants, unless you have a specialty degree or something they won't take you

I already know that

makes sense if your plan is to work in Germany

You should be thankful that no one forced you to continue.

>specialty degree
Not that hard to achieve desu.

Did they force you to learn?

Every Finn is forced to learn it. Most don't want to, so we'll just sit in the classes for six years and in the end don't understand any Swedish. Remnants of the Swedish occupation.

>occupation

>six years
???

More like 3

I know how you feel
We are forced to learn Spanish

>We're forced to learn Spanish

Weren't you forced to learn Spanish?

It wasn't really occupation. There wasn't any civilization before the Swedes came.

Not really, no. I only had Spanish classes in my first year of high school

Here comes the Swedish revisionist, who wants to feel good about his country's past and ignore all the crimes they committed.

7-9, lukio and in uni there's also a mandatory course.

Life is cruel across the world.

And here's the Fenno-Swedish apologist.

>Unless all of eurobe became a minority in a few years

yes!! inshallah!!

There is no point in learning languages other than English.

I was forced to learn Spanish