Be babbys web developer who knows a little bit about php and sql

>Be babbys web developer who knows a little bit about php and sql
>See all the SJW shit censoring regular people trying to speak their mind
>Ask Sup Forums to help me develop my site
>Sup Forums actually responds and helps.
>>Asked for rules to be changed. And so they were
>>Asked for UI fixes. Fixed.
>>Asked for SSL. Fixed.
>>Minor changes. Fixed.
>>Guy hacks my site from Sup Forums who in effect ends up helping me work on the security issues

I still have a lot of work to do. But I really want to make this a site people can go on and spew whatever alt-right/sjw bullshit without being censored about it. Melting pot if you will. Libertarian laissez faire attitude.
Let me know what you think. I'm trying to get more people to write... if there is anyone who wishes to help me I can't thank you guys enough.

1stamender.com

stop posting this you retarded burger, you suck and will never amount to anything.

I don't care.

I'm a PHP god, I'll help.

What can you bring to the table?

What exactly are you doing? I've got an API that'll serve 1000 db requests a second on a 10$/mo VPS.

Well I created the entire site. line-by-line code with the help of bootstrap css jquery library. Other than that everything else I made.

Oh, so you took the long way around. What is the address?

1stamender.com

I've got a meeting to go to right now, but afterward I'll get an anonymous email so you can give me some source or details.

Send info to [email protected]

what info bro? what do you want?

You have source? A repo? Email so I can communicate without relying on an anonymous image board?

Ah yes I actually have a discord for this. Do you use discord?

Yeah.

Looks better than last time, but still shit design. Try at /gd/. There are tens of thousands of "free speech sites, but the reason people rather live with censorship is because of design and because the UI is comfy. That is your main problem. (And the main problem of any of those thousand "free speech" sites) Most of your website is wasted whitespace, it's fucking atrocious

>1stamender.com
what a garbage fucking website

Cool idea!

I don't like the layout or the topic divisions at all though.
Would not use yet.

What a garbage fucking human

What would you suggest to improve it?

whats wrong with my topic divisions? How should I go about it?

>These are only my opinions

For a website to espouse total freedom of speech, and then right away present a list of "topics" which every thread presumably must fit into seems counter productive.

I would like it better if every thread on the site was just lumped into one huge, incomprehensible list and I could "filter" threads by using tags.

Say if I wanted to write a thread about sports, I could put a "sports" tag on it, and any other tags I thought might be relevant (perhaps within a limit, to prevent tag spam). The system would also attach its own tags to each topic (for thread number, date posted, etc)

Then anybody who wants to read about sports could just navigate to the threadpile and filter out all the threads without a "sports" tag. If they only wanted to read about recent sports news, they could also filter out all tags older than a certain date. If they knew the exact number of the thread they were looking for, they could filter out all threads except that one.

tl;dr I think total freedom of speech includes letting users define the topics, not prompting them with topics that their speech must conform to

yes that is right here in pic.

But I see what you're saying... instead of having the categories you would like to have more emphasis on searching with the tag such as 'trump'

Something like that, yes.

Instead of having a search bar that takes me to a different page with search results, I'd like to have a huge list of threads with a filterbar on top and as I add filters the threadlist updates right there on the same page.

You gonna drop that discord, or not?

Unfortunately I cannot get on discord till after 5:30pm EST so handing it out right now wuldn't do you any good. I will send it to you when i get off work.

Just send the info to the email, I'm not going to be on here at 5:30

it's fine I'll give it to you here its just a throwaway discord.

discord.gg/uSBnckW

The site looks like fucking shit, sorry senpai

I really wish someone would give me a quantifiable thing and not just a random spew of vomit that I am somehow supposed to quantify to make it better.

bump

Welcome to webdev man

Most of your feedback is gonna be along the lines of
>I don't know what would make it better, but right now it feels like shit to use

Not who you’re responding to, but similar complaint.

On mobile (safari) and a lot of the text is clipped off or just weirdly formatted. At the top there was an image with a long ass text title on it (10-15 words) that ended up being formatted as only one or two words per line.

It’s alao just too goddamn busy. Look at something like medium, and just make it your own.

If it's not already there (i didn't see it), I'd suggest adding a list view to complement the "tiles" or whatever you call it.

Other than that, i like it. couldn't do it better myself