Owlet Wifi reading

Wife bought an Owlet baby monitor sock thing and I want to read the info the base station tries to send out to wifi. Said device has already made the news several times due to security issues, so I don't think it'll be impossible, but any advice in getting started would help a ton.

The device in question: owletcare.com/

How can I pull the data this thing wants to put out and put it somewhere else like a home server?

what could the heart do you have to watch 24/7? let your baby grow in peace

I was as close to a SIDS survivor as you could get as a baby. Family debated renaming me to Jesus. I have a legit fear of my baby dying from whatever condition almost killed me. It's not an attempt to abnegate myself from the baby, I really enjoy time with the little person. I'm worried about the times when I'm not around. I do understand your concern though.

His wife bought it user

You have clearly never tried to reason with a new mother. Their baby is literally the only thing they can think about and the panic they feel when imagining any slight risk of harm to the baby is all-consuming.

OP, you should maybe wireshark it and fuck around with firewalls and shit, I dunno I just like pretending to be jamal on here to wind up the fatties

so, after reading more articles on said owlet base, it has an ad-hoc connection that I was able to access using default ports and all. It looks like a setup system for internet connections and tries to go out to the main server at Owlet HQ, only to bounce back to the app on the phone.

your first points are dead on about wife/motherhood and all consuming fear of child injury.

someone should tell the wife the battery could suddenly burst into flames and kill the baby with toxic fumes and fire

I'm sure if you do some packet sniffing you will get the information you need. Use wireshark or whatever works for you to be sure though.

The chance of that is arbitrarily low compared to the chance of natural death, so in a risk v reward situation I don't think it'd be really worthwhile. that was my first thought though.

Instead of starting from scratch with packet sniffing I searched for "owlet wireshark" and this github repo popped up, so I'll look into this first. Thanks for the advice thus far.

>covert shilling this garbage
no one has kids here pajeet
you better go shill on reddit or you're not getting any rupees today

On a side note, never ever buy anything baby related that has owl in the fucking name. Illuminati botnet confirmed.

>he thinks people shill a product by pointing out security flaws with it

boy u dum

all publicity is good publicity
go shill somewhere else poo

Oh shit please excue poor engish. Am son of famous ox doctor and much computer learn from teacher. No shitting in street here LOL!

Seriously though, see

>Reddit spacing
Kys faggot shill.

I mean, at this point what isn't? Even the css skellingtons here for Halloween are probably reporting to our lizard overlords.

>using the term reddit spacing unironically

It's literally a line break you mouthbreathing fatty

>defending reddit spacing
just kys already and fuck off pajeet

>he said it again

you can use something like wireshark to monitor the data.
Maybe you can work backwards what this data means and then make a server that can react to this data.
Maybe you can override the DNS so it sends it to your server instead, maybe you need to set a computer with two network cards as a firewall to redirect all connections.
The network stuff is much easier than making the server though, hope you have a lot of time

>subjecting your child to the botnet before it can even speak words
holy shit kill yourself

You have less than 30 minutes to save a baby if they get SIDS
Best way to prevent it is to not let the baby sleep on their stomach

Yea, we follow all the rules, sleep on the back with no loose anythings in the crib, sleeping on her own, all that stuff. Thanks for the advice though.

Don't do that... She'll just be worried about more things happening.

i have one, friendo.
but i would not put (((technology))) on my kid