High quality video output profile (goes into mpv.conf):
Stable: profile=opengl-hq
Git: profile=gpu-hq

Configuration Files:
mpv.io/manual/master/#configuration-files
mpv.io/manual/master/#files

Input.conf:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/input.conf

Post your system specs and config if you're asking performance related questions.

Windows Builds:
Stable Portable: mpv.srsfckn.biz/
Stable Installer: bitbucket.org/rorgoroth/mingw-w64-cmake/downloads/
Dev Snapshots: sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/
WIP d3d11/VulkanR2: sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/experimental/
WIP d3d11/VulkanR2 Installer: bitbucket.org/rorgoroth/mingw-w64-cmake/downloads/
Vapoursynth: jenkins.maeyanie.com/job/mpv/

Other urls found in this thread:

bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=635650
github.com/haasn/vlc/commits/libplacebo
waf.io/waf-1.9.8...
bugs.gentoo.org/635650
projects.kametsu.com/1441/a-copycattheif-in-our-midst
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

wm4/FFmpeg-mpv news:

>build: make it easier to force FFmpeg upstream
>Apparently some people want this. Actually making it compile is still
>their problem, though, and I expect that build with FFmpeg upstream will
>occasionally be broken (as it is right now). This is because mpv also
>relies on API provided by Libav, and if FFmpeg hasn't merged that yet,
>it's not our problem - we provide a version of FFmpeg upstream with
>those changes merged, and it's called ffmpeg-mpv.

bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=635650

Cute. Now lets watch wm4 slowly back out of the fork meme while trying to save face.

>Apparently some people want this.
No shit. Is this a joke?

>shebooned
nice one Sup Forums
Get it?
NOT!

First for MPlayer masterrace

So the vulkan renderer is not maintained anymore. Right?
Does it mean I should switch to the d3d11 one now?

Haasn lied, mpv died.

>haasn lied
What? Any proofs?
>mpv died
How?

How can I config mpv so that the video experiences minimal disruption while playing vidya? Preferably zero disruption, of course.

Well, you take the load out of the GPU. But this means your CPU is going to get fucked and therefore usually fuck your games even more. Just use a gpu context that is well supported in your operating system and don't use anything heavy in your config. Also don't use hardware decoding.

Is it possible to use the quicksync with my APU even if I don't have a display hooked up to it? Seems like that'd be free decoding. I'm not too worried about processing/filters because this is high-res stuff to begin with.

>wm4 slowly back out of the fork
Why would he do that? Keeping the fork is no extra time cost to him, he already maintained private branches for contributing to upstream ffmpeg.

>Cute. Now lets watch wm4 slowly back out of the fork meme while trying to save face.
That's not how i read it. Sounds more like trying to appease distros without actually having to back out.
And if he actually backs out at some point it will not be anytime soon. The guy has move venom in his veins than a spider pit, and his rage fits tend to last weeks or even months.

Also, if all distros start playing ball by working around this insanity themselves then he'll have even less reasons to go back to a sane system library dependency.

that would only work if the APU is actually enabled with the GPU in place, check the BIOS for a setting that allows for simultaneous operation and connect a monitor to the onboard HDMI, DVI, or VGA connector

It's actually more work for lasch0r rather than distros. He needs to pick some point release that isn't borked with upstream ffmpeg

>github.com/haasn/vlc/commits/libplacebo
This is literally the end of madVR.

I think madshi has to open source his madVR to compete!

The APU is definitely on and working, I was testing some stuff on it last night, I just don't know how to force quicksync, and I'm using windows builds where quicksync doesn't come up when I do hwdec=help

There are still 23908230982309238 broken things in VLC and the entire thing is a fucking mess.

VLC is broken beyond repair

Why should I use MPV instead of MPC-HC+MadVR?

>ffmpeg-mpv-git has upgrade
>upgrade
>mpv-git has upgrade
Downloading waf.io/waf-1.9.8...
Checksum verified.
error: patch failed: wscript:484
error: wscript: patch does not apply

t-thanks mpv

Today? No real reason. Some time in the future? Because mpc-hc is not being developed anymore.

>media player
>configuration files

no, no thank you

How do i upscale 240/360p videos?

shrink the video

Shrink it to what exactly? Its already as low as it gets

Was there a recent update? Sound/brightness animation overlays are broken when mpv is fullscreen on macOS again.

>nigger in OP image

Pls no

Are you asking if there was a recent update with your OS or did you update mpv and it doesnt work?

I return from vacation and haasn and wm4 have gone mad? What the hell happened?

fag drama

is that you bjin

VLC > mpv

If you're using Gentoo, Brandon has some ebuilds posted that work with ffmpeg-mpv.
bugs.gentoo.org/635650

How do I know if my config is correctly working? I've got "volume-max 200" and yet it doesn't go over 100 during playback
Linux btw

It's supposed to be volume-max=200 in your config file. It works for me and I'm on linux.

wm4 threw a hissy fit when some code wasn't accepted upstream for allegedly being a security risk. Then a breakage happened and instead of rushing an in-review workaround upstream himself or changing mpv's code to adapt to the change he lost his shit and accidentally his whole project.

The fun thing is that he actually patched mpv to adapt to the breakage after the upstream workaround was applied, instead of before. He had the github pull request on hold for a week.

And what about you, haasn?

So i have done the following but it is not scaling the video up
opengl-shaders="~~/shaders/ravu-r4-yuv.hook"
opengl-shaders-append="~~/shaders/ravu-r4-yuv.hook"
opengl-shaders-append="~~/shaders/ravu-r4-yuv.hook"

>based media player
>based chocolate diggins

That doesn't work for me either unless the source video is about half or so of my monitors native resolution.

Source is 240p and 320p
Monitor is 1080p

Try glsl-shaders and glsl-shaders-append if you are using a newer git version

Just built the latest commit and used glsl instead of opengl and it still isnt scaling.

lol, i wish i was Haasn, or at least had even a third of his skills.

What did he do anyway? He seemed to dislike this whole crap but mellowed out once he noticed Gentoo decided to bear the burden of wm4's anger.

Ravu and FSRCNN have always been finicky for me. I've left it enabled and ill see it working sometimes on some videos. IDK, sorry.

My workplace is forcing me to be a macfag and I don't want to carry two laptops on the plane.
How should I set this thing up?

How do i set mpv to spawn on my second monitor in fullscreen? Do i have to play with geometry settings or is there a simpler way?

Macs can dualboot linux/windows they aren't on weird hardware anymore.

Should be able to set HEAD using your wm

I'm actually doing that now. Once it's done I'll just install MPDN.
Still, it's probably a decent idea to have a non-shit player on OSX.

Is there actually any screenshot comparison of the different mpv profiles?

All I know about the difference between gpu-hq and not setting it is that it sets deband=yes, changes scale and cscale to spline36 instead of bilinear, dscale to mitchell. And probably sets tscale to something different among other things I don't know about.

I don't know if there are screenshots comparing the different profiles, but honestly just set the different profiles yourself, take screenshots, and compare them.

how do I make bind to completely skip to the end of playback? 100 absolute-percent seems to always leave a couple of seconds and seeks to 99%

x seek 99999

but why

seems like a hack

didn't work

works for me

but why

because I want to skip to the end of a video file

>lol, i wish i was Haasn, or at least had even a third of his skills.
All you have to do is copy other peoples codes and ideas and sit on your chair for a lot of time

name a better script than contextmenu
protip: you can't

Ravu-r3 or ravu-r4? luma or rgb? SSSR 1-pass or 2-pass? for muh animes

Autoload of course. Why would you need a context menu in a media player

to only use my right hand to control it, why else?

Nothing. Anime looks like complete ass and no meme shader will ever change this.

why would you need autoload in a command line program?

MPV is shit. MPC-HC will always be better.

black women > white women

No. Not really...

Chances are your videos are ancient and incompatible with YUV RAVU. Use RAVU rgb. Just put this into your config and it will work automatically when needed.
glsl-shader=~~/shaders/ravu-r4-rgb.hook
glsl-shader=~~/shaders/ravu-r4-rgb.hook

I've got a UW screen, is there any way to force mpv aspect to 21:9 only when it's in fullscreen mode?

There is nothing wrong with VLC.

see

Why would you want that? You'll either get a stretched image or a cropped bottom.

[fullscreen-wide]
profile-desc=cond:get("fullscreen", 0)==true
video-aspect=2.35

[fullscreen-wide-revert]
profile-desc=cond:get("fullscreen", 0)==false
video-aspect=-1

projects.kametsu.com/1441/a-copycattheif-in-our-midst

lol

I'm okay with stretched image when I watch the movies from my bed. Thanks user!

>and linking them
Classic

>He’s re-encoding the audio to low-grade aac, cutting the op & ed out and linking them, and taking 100% credit for all the work.

An article about kuckichiru?

Ooh. Thanks. He was hated by sub groups in the past since he never gave them any credit, didn't know he also stolen videos :O

offtopic

What about MPV over MPC-BE then?

Other user said no real reason, but that's not really correct. mpv is much lighter-weight that mpc with madvr and performance is quite a bit better for me.

Instead of having to download MPC-HC/MPC-BE + xysubfilter/assfiltermod + LAVFilters + reclock + MadVR you can just download mpv and you'll get all the functionality on a package that's not only better designed, but performs better, looks better, is lighter, isn't based on deprecated technology and isn't dead.

Is it possible to have autoload update if a file is added to the folder?

Dude this question is asked multiple times every day. People are tired of answering this. Ive switched to mpv from media player classic + madvr + reclock + xysubfilter because mpv has all of the functions those things provide out of the box or with user scripts/shaders. mpv is super lightweight and can be customized to do ANYTHING. It is open source, cross platform and has active development. Its is like foobar of video players. It is amazing at what it does and can be extended with help of ANYONE who is willing. One guy wrote a webm script, one wrote shaders, one wrote skip chapters script. There are limitless possibilities. You also don't have to be a config nerd to use it. Put one or three lines into config and you get perfect high quality playback. No need for guides and ticking shitload of tick boxes. But if youre in for placebo and MUH MAXIMUM QUALITY!!!1 you can change everything to suit your needs and add user shaders. Just mpv a try and decide.

Then which is better for muh American TV shows?

Just use SSSR default (2 pass).

>people coming to a mpv general asking whether madvr is better or not
>people coming to a mpv general
>to a mpv general
>mpv general

Why I never see anyone asking about mpv in madvr thread?

Forgot to mention that my monitor res is 1440p

Try RAVU rgb r4 and default SSSR. Compare and decide which you like moar.

Tried with rgb and the problem still persist.

tbqhf, it's one of only two kinds of posts that actually get replies, so it must be what the thread wants.