What is the best anti-virus these days? I was using avast for a long time but it became cancer...

what is the best anti-virus these days? I was using avast for a long time but it became cancer. yeah I know common sense, but I want something to cover me when booru sites manage to break through ublock.

Other urls found in this thread:

clamwin.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

avast in silent mode

is there really no better option? it uses a lot of memory and I think it's making my start up slow.

Buy a ssd already, any size.

Kaspersky

Avast and most US antivirus programs are compromised and collect personal data.

does it have a free version?

Microsoft Security Essentials is lightweight and free.

Bitdefender ez

Kaspersky.
If you proof watch "Packin' the K"

Using an antivirus in 2017 LUL

>hide your nifty algorithm, so others won't steal your shit
>b-but user, why are you sending me a virus?
yeah, really love how mse thinks it's a high threat virus as soon as you compile a obvuscated fizzbuzz

malwarebytes is good
clamav is decent

GNU/Linux

>yeah, really love how mse thinks it's a high threat virus as soon as you compile a obvuscated fizzbuzz

uh, but it is retard. send the source or fuck off.

Common sense 3.0

Linux

then why do other AVs say it's okay while obvuscated viruses still get detected?
it's clearly just lazyness on microsoft's part

install gentoo

avast has turned to shit, full of pop-ups and advertisements. the android app is even worse.

Good old clamwin
clamwin.com/

You're a moron.

ESET. Chrome recently integrated ESET into their browser for one reason or another, and they are typically making discoveries before other companies do.

>chrome
but I don't want to be part of the botnet

If you are apart of the botnet then aren't you benefiting from a massive machine learning network and a larger tested network?

>trusting the Soviets
>in 2017