/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated - blame /csg/)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:

Razer Phone is official with 120Hz screen, 8GB of RAM, 4,000 mAh battery
gsmarena.com/razer_phone_is_official_with_120hz_screen_8gb_of_ram_4000_mah_battery-news-28043.php

gsmarena.com/oneplus_5t_will_have_a_headphone_jack-news-28039.php
gsmarena.com/oneplus_5t_will_have_a_headphone_jack-news-28039.php

Engadget - Razor Phone hands-on Video
streamable.com/nredw

Google Pixel 2 XL "Real Review" - Flossy
youtu.be/9QszSY_UD20

LG V30 Review by Droid Life
droid-life.com/2017/10/31/lg-v30-review/

Deal time: Sony Xperia XZs available for $499.99 on Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, save $100
phonearena.com/news/Deal-time-Sony-Xperia-XZs-available-for-499.99-on-Amazon-B-H-BestBuy-save-100_id99404

Cat Announces S41 Rugged Smartphone: 5” FHD, IP68+, 5000 mAh
anandtech.com/show/11971/cat-announces-s41-smartphone-5-inch-fhd-ip68-5000-mah

old

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=falRtMEk7Ac
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mia1
youtube.com/watch?v=AwY6hoJMvz0
youtu.be/falRtMEk7Ac?t=289
gsmarena.com/razer_phone_hands_on-review-1678p3.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Best phone I can get for Verizon comparable to iphone 7 in specs/power?

>I want to switch back to android.

That razerphone would be great if it didn't have that autism logo on the back. 120hz display on a phone would be cool as fuck.

just put a dbrand skin on it

Oh yeah good one. Hope they make skins for it. It's still a bit pricey though.

>no headphone jack
DOA

When will smartphones have PC-like BIOS and hardware abstraction so that I'm not reliant on Qualcancer updating their SOC drivers so I can get Android updates?

Might as well give up user. Wouldn't suprise me if LGs next phone doesn't have one either.

Best phone for about 250 dollars and with stock as possible android?

Might actually cancel my pixel 2 xl for the razer phone. It's rocking stock Android and 7.1 so I don't have to wait around for oreo xposed... If the bootloader is unlockable.

burger? Moto G5+ or G5S+
non-burger, Mi A1

Europoor.

Mi A1 then, EZ

Also technigger said it's as fast as the Pixel. Maybe even feels a little bit faster because of the refresh rate.

>If the bootloader is unlockable.
It is, per
youtube.com/watch?v=falRtMEk7Ac

what will be the next retarded iPhone design decision that all the Android sheep companies will follow for no reason?

It's 299€ here, is there anything better at 250-300€?

What else can they remove from a phone

Holy fuck, the only reason to get the pixel 2 is the camera. This device will undoubtedly get lineage os.

I'm getting the same vibe as the original oneplus launch.

The device literally checks every box and it doesn't look like razer is withholding any features for next year like established manufacturers.

Bad timing, it's going to be obsolete by Feb with S9 and G7@MWC.

>Data/power port
>Speakers
>Camera flash
I bet they'll do the flash and say the camera already performs good enough in low light

Couldn't care less about the same repackaged heavily skinned shit. S9 will locked down shit in every aspect and you need to submit your IMEI for warranty voiding on LG devices for bootloader unlock.

Is there a phone that has
>a micro sd slot
>an aux jack
>a removable battery
>fast charging
>a lineage os rom
>oled screen
And if not
Why are people buying new phones?

Moto G5, LG V20.
Neither have OLED but they check everything else.
I have the G5 but i don't think it has official Lineage yet, but it has a lot of custom ROMs on XDA, including unofficial Lineage.
Also comes with stock Android with just one Moto app and the camera.

Usb c is okay, but i dont see any use for it other than not having to look which side you plug the charger for a phone
Moto g5 sounds nice, but i heard oled saves battery and thats a pretty good thing considering i use dark themes on everything anyway
Had interest v20 as for moto g, my deal is to not have google play services as they seem to be pointless that's why custom roms are god tier for me

it's a chinkphone, buy it from the chinks
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mia1

See HTC U11+ here: (it's in Swiss-German if you're wondering)
youtube.com/watch?v=AwY6hoJMvz0

Im looking it for my mom and she wants to buy phone locally.

Okay i looked into moto g5 a bit more
Why does the plus variant not have a removable battery? Where is the logic in that?

Unibody aluminium meme

pixel 2/pixel 2XL

does your mother want stock android?

I recommended it so he would get at least 2 years of updates.

I couple of articles i read comparing the two don't even mention it, it's ridiculous

>samsung

The G5 shares the same battery as the G4, the G5+ has a bigger one that wasn't utilized on another phone so they just said fuck it I guess.

yeh uhhhh samsjnf is fine if u take it right out of the box then pay $10 4 package disbaler proz and u remove the boats duh

Stock Android doesn't guarantee updates though, Moto G5+ and G5S+ have it but Lenovo said G-series phones only get one major software update, which means neither will get updated past Oreo.

If update support is something you're concerned about I'd consider the iPhone SE, it should still get 3-4 years worth of software support.

If Apple isn't an option the Mi A1 is probably the best choice. Nokia phones have also been promised updates up to Android P but the specs are weaker. But if she isn't a heavy user they might be enough.

>iPhone SE
too small screen.

Yep, mi a1 is also promising because it's android one device.

OnePlus 5T having a headphone jack is the best news I've heard all year. Now all they need to do is install the screen properly

What's the word on the street for the ZTE Axon M? Seems pretty cool desu, but don't know enough about the specs to determine if it is shit or not. What are your thoughts Sup Forumseniuses?

specs are garbage for the price and the dual screen is a useless gimmick

>good phone
Where's the headphone jack?

on the bottom

I think he meant the P2 3.5mm audio jack

in the box

>snapdragon 835
>gaming phone
what were they thinking
they should at least put a more powerful processer in there

yeaaaaaaaa like face id and apple a11!!!!!!!!!!

Does the Middle Max 2 work well on Att?

more like an intel atom or something similar

i7 would be super cool

Yeah and risk it being incompatible with a lot of shit.
Game devs already have to adapt to the 120Hz display now.

>it's like a gaming laptop
>but it's a phone instead and it dualboots windows
I'm not gonna lie I would get pretty wet

>spending 900 dollars on a phone
what is wrong with people?

(900/24)/30

Will the razer phone work on verizon?

If not should I get a g4 or g5? I just stream spotify while driving to work (30 minute traffic commute) and use discord/snapchat.

It's not like they're going to be playing Skyrim on it.
Who am I kidding, they're going to port the full game to the platform eventually.

Smart phones are too expensive :( I'm still using a fucking flip phone will they ever stop being price jacked?

Best android phone i can buy for a 300 euros budget?
Italian, by the way

Mi A1

Which phone is better, iPhone 7 Plus or Galaxy S8?

s8

>tfw Sprint

i just want an xperia

I would drop my s8 in an instant for the stupid Razer phone if it is mad a head phone jack

(You)

the plus has a bigger battery and an sd625 so it's worth it

How does the global version of xiami phones work?
The Redmi Note 5 looks great but I'm assuming it won't have band4 by default
I'm needing a new phone in the next month or two, I could stretch to january when the Note5 is supposed to release but if there's another month or two wait until the global version I'll probably just get the 4 global.

Any recommendations for someone with an Iphone 6 looking to upgrade to an android phone? I want it to run stock android, and have an OLED screen preferably. (I use my phone mainly for music and youtube so sound quality is important too.)

Is razers phone the best phone to buy now for people that don't care about cameras? Big battery, glorious sharp edges, top of the line specs, sd card. cheaper than alternatives like s8 active.
obviously it'd be stupid to buy it for gaming, but then that goes for all smartphones

depends on the pricing which is currently TBA (i think).

so is the Note 8 basically the best phone on the market right now?

i gotta get a new phone either tonight or tomorrow.

source? because if so then it's definitely up there. also what currency

dollars. youtu.be/falRtMEk7Ac?t=289

it's shit.

what the hell these subtitles are the most retarded things I've ever seen.

>best performance gaming phone
HAHAAAHAAHAHAHAHHHAH
AHAHAHHAHAAH
yeah, no.
looks pretty sexy though
gsmarena.com/razer_phone_hands_on-review-1678p3.php

>those nice sharp corners

why are so many phone companies afraid of blocky looking phones. everythings gotta be rounded and dull looking.

this 2bh
also rounded screen corners
infinite regret buying a galaxy s8+ right before this and the Pixel 2 were announced
16:9 is YHVH's aspect ratio and y'all know it

Looking for a new phone.
Currently have a turbo 2, about two years old, and I'm having battery issues. Battery drains rapidly, phone dies at 30%, etc. Recalibration doesn't help.

Here's what I'm looking for:
Verizon
Wireless charging
Long battery life - like 2 days.
Nice to have but not necessary:
Shatterproof screen, fast charging

Are there any benefits of flashing custom rooms, like AOSP or lineage OS?
If there are, then I'd add an unlocked bootloader to the list

is the pixel 2 just a meme in these threads or is it actually good

My Moto G2 keeps crashing. I don't know how much longer it has.

it's great

The saddest story ever told

I'm secretly wishing the Pixel 2 bombs in sales so Google panics and slashes the prices for Black Friday because it's my dream phone but i don't have $700.

Realistically what kind of deal would google have for the Pixel 2? I don't want some dumb speaker, but $100 off for black friday would be nice. Best Buy had that deal for pre-orders but it was for the verizon model and i didn't want to deal with best buy bullshit for tech support.

Google doesn't do black friday deals. Bf is 3 weeks away. People who ordered on announcement are just receiving their preorders now.

Give up.

Would I regret a razer phone?

Razer sounds awesome if it has 2+ year phone updates.

Where were you when Razer won?

Why does google keep giving their phones to verizon!?!

Guys pls I need help

I got galaxy c5 pro and I fucking hate its fingerprint sensor, it always fails. I rarely get my phone open from the first time.

Sometimes it won't even recognize my print even after 20 times and it locks my phone. Why the fuck is that?

T-Mobile is selling the Note 8 for $820 instead of $950, is it worth the extra $70 over the S8? Is the Note 8 too big?

if they got Skyrim running on Switch that means they already got a mobile phone ARM port ready to go

overpriced overrated shit

What notes apps do you guys have on your phones?
Do they have password protection?

me too
or a oneplus
i just want more options :(