Overclock gone wrong . PC knocked out

I overclocked my gpu and the screen went black, pc shut down. I rebooted it, everything went fine until I logged in and found where my desktop to be was just a black screen like pic related (every time I boot to my account, this cmd pops up and just black screen).

So far I tried using A driver uninstaller tool to remove nvidia drivers and then reinstall them , it didn't work.
I tried booting in safe mode, nothing.
I tried doing system restore but that didn't work ( would some sort of factory reset work?)
I tried enabling integrated graphics but I don't think I gave any , nothing to do with intel appears in display adapters on device manager .
I tried removing CMOS/mobo battery and rebooting , nothing happened .
I tried turning on PC with no power in gpu ( unplugged power cable to gpu) , it didn't work, same problem .

I'm able to use the pc through task manager and using 'Run new task'.
I have no idea what else I can try, please help me Sup Forums .
You're my only hope

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vxFNBZIAClc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Windows 10 was probably performing fuckery with updates in the background while you messed with your system. Your hardware is f i n e.

The hard shutdown which you initiated after your graphics stack delet'd itself stalled any incoming writes mid transaction and killed running shit.

NTFS fucked your PC over.
Consider a better OS that doesn't use a hacked together piece of shit FS that hasn't been updated since 1998.

Run a CHKDSK and wait hours for it to complete followed by a SFC to check for damaged system files. Then reinstall your GPU drivers if you can.

This may not work.

Perform a reinstall. Consider a better OS like linux and a copy on write filesystem like BTRFS.

Do you have a restore point?

Before I run chkdsk and SFC , should I clean my nvidia drivers again ? I reinstalled them out of desperation and acceptance of fate.

Thanks for the help

Yes, from about 10 days ago. I tried it but I got an error when it completed

>I tried booting in safe mode, nothing.

What you are experience IS safe mode, namely the "Safe mode with command prompt". Use the console to fix the problem, i.e revert the overclock. I imagine you can find out how by googling.

Pull your cmos and hold the power button for a minute.

so THIS is the power of windows, huh.....

What else would you have the OS do when the GPU doesn't work because of being fucked with, than enter safe mode? OP should be happy Windows even did that or he wouldn't be able to get any image at all.

It will not matter.

SFC is a crapshoot that checks like a whole 500 system files and registry values that deviate from constants for damage by comparing raw 1/0s instead of checksums to a small compressed package in your windows directory to see if any got chopped when power dropped.

It could also be an indexing issue where NTFS cut and decided to nuke important system file indices, essentially deleting the files.

CHKDSK may recover them, but again, a crapshoot.

Damn good reasons to not use windows is the fact that auto updates kill a majority of the machines because people don't understand when the machine becomes vulnerable, or even offer the ability to take an atomic snapshot to ensure all goes well and can be rolled back if necessary, leading to poor planning and execution.

Tried this but it didn't work unfortunately , is that to do with capacitors discharging ?

Is booting in black screen + cmd a common occurrence ? At first I really didn't get why cmd was opening on it's own

I've just started chkdsk , will post results

>Is booting in black screen + cmd a common occurrence ? At first I really didn't get why cmd was opening on it's own

Like I said, it's safe mode. It happens when the PC cannot boot normally, for example if someone had overclocked the GPU beyond its limits.

>winblows 10
fucking retard

Thanks for the explanation .
Just ran chkdsk but it found No problems. Going to do the SFC

youtube.com/watch?v=vxFNBZIAClc

Check out some advanced filesystems.
You can bolster a system's resilience to just about anything that can fall off during runtime with them. Snapshots let you just backtrack to a point in time as well in case anything breaks logic-wise.

Imagine system restore that actually works.

OP don't listen to this guy. There's 99% chance there is nothing wrong with your filesystem or anything involving files. Just revert the GPU overclock and exit the safe mode. If you're lucky the overclock even reverted on its own and all you have to do is exit safe mode.

This is why you pull your ethernet cable while testing your overclock. You don't want Windows doing shit in the background.

But I'm not in safe mode, this automatically happens when I log in. To enter 'safe mode' I need to restart and hold f4 .
This black screen with cmd is just my normal login

That is exactly how safe mode looks like. You are in safe mode.

How can I be in safe mode if restarting while holding shift, allows me to enter safe mode ?
If you're right, what do you think I should do ?

I used Msi afterburner to overclock btw would maybe turning my gpu options below the default settings work in anyway ?

t. Gaymur brainlet

Type msconfig in the console. Go to tab "boot". Is the "safe boot" checkbox enabled?

I'm getting worried guys. I miss my desktop screen. I wish I knew what the problem was

SFC is at 87% verification

No it's blank

What happens if you type explorer.exe into the command prompt?

I think the roads coming to an end.

Would running driver sweeper help?

OH MY FUCKING GOD user WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS WIZARDRY!

Turns out the desktop environment hook got borked by something.

PICS INCOMING THANK YOU user YOU'RE A GOD AMONGST MEN. SHIT'S HAPPENING

Worked like magic. The slow increment of pop ups and on-screen windows appearing gave me a mini-stroke.

How could something like this happen? I tried EVERY single thing online, 12 hours of pain, my whole day wasted - and then saved.
Is there any valid explanation as to what went wrong?

Best thing is, the overclocker still works and im able to keep trying for a good stable setting. This is so weird

For whatever reason when you rebooted, explorer didn’t come back up when you logged in. Typing explorer.exe into the command prompt manually started it, which brings back your desktop.

You should try rebooting again and seeing if it comes back. You mentioned popups - under normal circumstances, starting explorer shouldn’t give you popups, so I would reboot to see if explorer starts automatically as a result of whatever the popups did.

Also you should probably run a virus/malware scan, because it seems fishy.

>explorer didn’t come back up when you logged in. Typing explorer.exe into the command prompt manually started it, which brings back your desktop.

That's insane

>Also you should probably run a virus/malware scan, because it seems fishy.

Going to run one now, thanks for the help. Thanks for appearing in this thread, i thought it was truly the end.

Have this pic of Natalie Dormer

install gentoo

enter bios and load default. check if drives are set to ide. change to achi if you have sata main drive. reboot.

If that doesn't work, boot from windows dvd or usb, and choose repair