I began using Linux when Ubuntu 10.04 was first released

I began using Linux when Ubuntu 10.04 was first released.

>pic related

When did you start experimenting with the open source drug, Sup Forums?

1994. Slackware.

Android

Probably around '99, SuSE Linux, then Gentoo.

1997 Monkey Linux on my dosbox

I started with 9.04 when it was using the Gnome 2 UI. It was way comfier then. It just started as a curiosity with other operating systems.

Debian 1.3 running on a 386 20mhz, 10MB ram 120 HDD

Ubuntu 12.04. Didn't have the money for a windows licence and had built a pc out of scavenged parts.
I was really impressed at the time. Looking back, linux has improved a lot more than I expected.

I forget, but it was a few years ago. Besides games, I found it lightweight and pretty simple to use. It also got me into other games that don't require windows to work. Card games, chess/variants, roguelikes, etc.

It was rough at first, but when I realized that freedom is more important than being able to play the latest games, I started really getting into it. I didn't use it for anything flashy, though. My only issue and drawback was not being able to get SS13 working on it. If it wasn't for that, I'd have been fine.

It was just a better experience. Because even if I didn't want to change my OS, I was free to fuck with it as much as I wanted and it felt like it was really mine. When I get a desktop I want to look into libreboot and all that too.

8.04 I still have it on a disk

I started with 8.04 on a disk my friend gave me. I used it for like 2 weeks and then switched back to Windows. Around 10.04 I decided to try again on my laptop and have kept my laptops Linux exclusive since then

My first distro was Ubuntu 6 Daper Drake. I was a kid and my family's IT guy installed it on my desktop. Been a linux fag ever since.

6.06 really was a significant step. Debian was a political miasma at the time, gnome2 was horseshit. Ubuntu server AND desktop were quite an improvement.

Ubuntu 5.04

grabbed Damn Small Linux sometime in 2007
only had a (mostly full) 10GB HDD in my computer at the time and had just got DSL internet instead of being stuck with AOL dialup
probably started using Ubuntu regularly at 9.04

Around 02-03 at school. Was using Red Hat.

Mid 1990s, tried Red Hat but couldn't get it to work (brainlet pebkac problem) so I wound up on Debian from like 1.2 until Ubuntu in what, 2004? did a little slackware here and there when i wanted to feel smort and used arch when it was first getting started by juggs biegnet

I was pretty young, forget the exact year but I was around 10. My uncle was talking about networking with my dad at Thanksgiving and brought up Linux. Was pretty interested so I attempted dual boot Ubuntu and windows and while I was successful I was way too young. Tried Debian a few years later and haven't gone back to full time windows since.

Ubuntu 6.04 Drapper Drake

>No NTFS driver
>No wifi
>Ethernet spotty as fuck
>Installation would fuck up the partition table sometimes
>Free live cds with stickers though

I started using CP/M in about 1985.

5 years ago

Name

'06 was when i burned my first disc. didn't really become a real linux head until '13 or '14.

Good times man. I had scanned those stickers and saved them somewhere to print off.

it was such a dumpster fire of an OS. I had a better time using solaris, Slackware and Free BSD back then. my mom and sister loved that version of Ubuntu though.

Ubuntu 12.04 lts

Ubuntu 10.10

Neckbeard IT guy I knew gifted me an Ubuntu free cd back then

sad to know he still operates on NSA/Windows

Ubuntu 6.04, I think. Less and less Windows ever since, now with Steam on Kubuntu 64 bit close to never using Windows at all. The person who got me into this went back to Windows, though, for convenience reasons.

Worked fine on my PowerBook g4 wifi.

2005, with Mandrake, I messed up the main computer, my sister wasn't happy.

I started with Hardy Heron and just could not get the fucking Broadcom WiFi to work. Switched back to Windows but immediately came after buying a new notebook with Windows 8.1. Been using Debian/Arch based distros ever since...

about 10 years ago, openSuse. Now i'm on Arch, feelsgodman.