Brazilian media keeps saying Rio 2016 opening is the greatest Olympic opening in history

>Brazilian media keeps saying Rio 2016 opening is the greatest Olympic opening in history
>Brazilian media keeps saying the global media loved it and considers it the greatest opening

Brazil feels like North Korea.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wQqmelsJlhs
huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/rio-2016-opening-ceremony-funny-tweets_uk_57a545f2e4b04ca9b5d2f28b
buzzfeed.com/andyneuenschwander/thoughts-i-had-watching-the-rio-olympics-opening-ceremony?utm_term=.jreaoQQAbX#.fe6MgwwOxN
washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/08/06/sorry-rio-but-london-and-beijing-have-ruined-opening-ceremonies-for-everyone/
time.com/2944030/indonesia-now-has-the-highest-rate-of-deforestation-in-the-world/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agriculture_in_Brazil
ucsusa.org/global_warming/solutions/stop-deforestation/brazils-reduction-deforestation.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Really? I mean... I was pretty good (better than London), but for me Beijing was better by far.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wQqmelsJlhs

London's was shit honestly. To be fair, so was Atlanta's.

I couldn't care less which one is the prettiest, gayest or whatever. I just hate this stupid propaganda this shithole country keeps shitting.

>AYYO HOLUP, WE INVENTED AIRPLANEZ N SHEIT HUEH HUE HUE

amazing

this
>hey guys, brazil here, rainforests and plants are like super important
>proceeds to cut down eon old ecosystems to make room for corn, sugarcane, and cheep beef
>do so more than any other cunt on the planet
wtf I hate brazil now

Fun fact, Santos Dumont also invented the Wrist Watch

Brazil is like a huge pretending game. Bread and circus all the way. Latin North Korea essentially.

Santos Dumont was one of the founding fathers, actually the most important one. The other guys were illiterates and couldnt even write their own names down.

They didn't say that it was the greatest in history, why the fuck are you lying? All they said was that it was complimented in foreign media, which is true.

>to make room for corn, sugarcane, and cheep beef
>corn
>sugarcane

>CORN AND SUGARCANE

IN THE AMAZON

Man, you just went full retarded.

every country do the same
don't give a fuck

British commentary was really passive aggressive and weird 'these are the best of times, and the worst of times' talking about the sewage water etc. And like 'they're making do' with cheap materials. Like, it is a 3rd world country why kick them when they're down? And they read this gay little poem that basically amounted to 'the olympics are dumb but they bring us all together'

when it was 2012, the olympics were the most important thing ever and london's ceremony was the envy of the world. both london and rio ceremonies were like 6/10, only ours cost 10x as much.

>All they said was that it was complimented in foreign media, which is true.

Which is not true. Everyone agrees it was weird as hell.

huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/rio-2016-opening-ceremony-funny-tweets_uk_57a545f2e4b04ca9b5d2f28b

buzzfeed.com/andyneuenschwander/thoughts-i-had-watching-the-rio-olympics-opening-ceremony?utm_term=.jreaoQQAbX#.fe6MgwwOxN

washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/08/06/sorry-rio-but-london-and-beijing-have-ruined-opening-ceremonies-for-everyone/

The sound setup in particular was the worst i've ever seen, it was like putting a cheap cellphone to play music at max volume.

Yet no one anywhere can see it.

I can't find shit online. No one made a copy of it and put it online?

There's a total blackout of the Olympics in my country. Literally nobody even knows (or cares) it's happening.

Anybody else or just my cunt?

I can't remember the last time I watched the Olympics.

Olympics seems to be like soccer, only poor and brown countries care about it.

I didn't even know it had started

barcelona is the best by far

>huffingtonpost
>buzzfeed

You're not even trying.

So...

Basically the US, China and Russia?

The opening made me sleep, fuck that shit i want my time back, sochi was better

Sort of this. I never understood why people make such a big deal about sports that they've literally ignored even the existence of for the past four years.

>Be Brazil
>biggest feller of rain forest in the world
>try to guilt trip people into giving money for rain forest protection by going "WE NEED TO SAVE THE TREES" route with the olympics opening
>never get money and even if people did donate it would be swallowed by Huezilian corrupt bureaucracy
>Amazon gets destroyed little by little anyway

>london's ceremony was the envy of the world

Slow down, Nigel.

Though the orchestra and Mr. Bean's performance was great. I actually really liked London's ceremony because I thought it had humor and heart. But it wasn't the "envy of the world."

>living in the Anime-NEET bubble
>projecting this lack of interest in pasttimes outside of your l33t-gayming-machine onto the rest of the world

lol

>>biggest feller of rain forest in the world
Deforestation has never been so small here, while Europe doesn't even have forests anymore. Are you really Finnish? Because I don't remember Finnish people being so dumb.

Also, the current number 1 is Indonesia.

time.com/2944030/indonesia-now-has-the-highest-rate-of-deforestation-in-the-world/

But I don't see anybody talking shit about them.

>Somebody hasn't been swindled by this load of shit
>They must be a NEET that watches anime
Your insecurity is showing, Pedro.

Sydney 2000 is still made out to be this monumental thing here too
Think it's just a bit of cheeky nationalism

>NO FULL VIDEO OF OPENING CEREMONIES

wtf?

>whataboutism

>But it wasn't the "envy of the world."
I know, but that's what the commentary was like, I was echoing their enthusiasm sarcastically. hence why I said it was the most important thing in the world, and then rated it 6/10

Don't stray from the discussion, fella.

>Why the host's country media is making such a big deal about it

Well, take a fucking guess, retard.

That's what he was saying spastic

Point number 1: it isn't the biggest feller
Point number 2: the numbers are dropping
Point number 3: we're actually doing you motherfuckers a favor by keeping all this green shit instead of making room for economical development

Now stop shitposting.

>never been so small
Brazil is second on deforestation list after Indonesia according to the link here: It's an improvement but I have hard time believing the claim that it's lower than it's ever been.

Also pretty funny of you to question my intelligence but also said that Europe has no forests.

He's talking about what British media said. Lrn 2 read.

>In 2006 corn was planted on about thirteen million hectares, producing 41 million tons. Brazil was the third largest world producer
>Brazil harvested 558 million tonnes of sugarcane in 2007
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agriculture_in_Brazil

>Brazil is second on deforestation list after Indonesia according to the link here

And that's because we have the biggest fucking forest in the world which is several times bigger than Finland. Even if only a small percentage of it is deforested it's still a fucking lot compared to most countries in Europe that barely have any forest area.

>Also pretty funny of you to question my intelligence but also said that Europe has no forests.

It's a hyperbole to emphasize the fact that most of your forests were cut centuries ago.

>being this pedantic
Man, you just went full autist.

Most of deforestation here are illegal loggers and natives opening mines.

Also it's not entirely our fault since the world still buying it.

ucsusa.org/global_warming/solutions/stop-deforestation/brazils-reduction-deforestation.html

>sugarcane and corn

>in the Amazon

Can you read? Do you really think you can plant sugarcane in the Amazon? Have you ever seen sugarcane?

>full autist

I thought it was common knowledge that you can't plant sugarcane there. That's like saying that we're cutting all the trees to plant Apple Trees and Blueberry bushes.

Who said anything about planting it in the Amazon?
We're talking about you guys cutting DOWN the Amazon so you can grow crops

And you said that we were doing that to plant sugarcane and corn. It's not my problem that your knowledge is that bad.

Red is sugarcane, green is the amazon.

I am in awe. I mean most of the Brazilians I see on here are a bit fucked, but wow.

Le ebin banter. Fuck off.

See some overlap

Confirmed for having no taste

Not they don't. The cerrado isn't a rainforest.

Okay, tell me if you think you were at least a little bit autistic there or not then.

>Latin North Korea
That's Venezuela, Brazil's the Latin China

>Most of deforestation here are illegal loggers and natives opening mines.
Does that somehow make it okay?
>Also it's not entirely our fault since the world still buying it.
Do you jump in a well if someone jumps first? Humans have this ebin capability to do rational and moral choices.

I'm aware, I'm pointing out that sugarcane is grown in areas where the forest was cut down

>I thought it was common knowledge
>sugarcane

No.

No. Everything I said is common knowledge. The thing is that you guys think you know everything about us when you're full of misconceptions and spout bullshit like that.

Isn't that true about pretty much everything? We've been planting sugarcane non-stop in the same places for more than 500 years now. If you're gonna name any crop just say soy.

No, what i mean is. The govt did well to stop deforestation. But it's hard to know on time when there's someone in the middle of the forest cutting the trees because some rich gave him 100 reais.

Also natives here have the leftards on their side so the govt can't explore the area and then the natives start selling the wood and minerals for the highest bid.

Man, do you have any idea of the size of the amazon?

>Still not completely following what transpired

Why do you honestly care? Its their country and if they want to have civilisation instead of a nasty forest full of caniblas they shouold have.

No one bitched on america when they de-desserted las vegas or new mexico. Oh no, a few snakes and spiders dies. Boo fucking hoo. In brazils case its just a lot of more venoumus spiders and snakes that gets extinct.

T-They caught fire on their own. I s-swear! It's not like burning them down is cheaper or anything.

>Why do you honestly care? Its their country and if they want to have civilisation instead of a nasty forest full of caniblas they shouold have.
It fucks the global carbon cycle you hyper retard

Olympics are starting to look more and more like how companies treat getting their commercial in the superbowl

Well, you've got great women and exotic nature that is always sunny. What else do you need?

It's don't. The Amazon is 0 sum in that. Now that they know that they're saying that it's going to fuck the rains in Southeast Brazil. So unless you're in Southeast Brazil and you love rains you shouldn't have anything to worry.

Let's wait and see if that Swede is smart enough to offer another retort, but still too stupid to see that you're trolling.

>calling Finn a Swede
Pepe.jpg

I kinda feel bad for you. We were mostly fed news how unprepared, dangerous and dirty everything is. I can barely find anything about the opening.

Didn't your federal channel translating opening ceremony?

Go shitpost, banter or wherever in another thread, please.

>So unless you're in Southeast Brazil and you love rains you shouldn't have anything to worry.
farmers will love that
>but still too stupid to see that you're trolling.

Don't mind me, just upholding the "Finns are assburgers" stereotype

Not assburger enough it seems, as you've just spouted old misconceptions and myth about Brazil, the Amazon region and it's role in the world.

But that's wrong. Amazon binds more CO2 than it releases and being as big as it is, it definitely is a big contributor to global carbon cycle. Not as big a contributor as Taiga is, but still very important.

BAAAAH BRAZIL DO GOOD THINGS AND IT'S NOW VIEWED POSITIVELY IN THE WORLD MEDIA NOW I CAN'T SAY MY MISERY IS DUE TO IT