What is the best DE: XFCE or KDE?

Hi, I'm on Debian Stretch (9.2) and I was wondering what was the best DE?
At the base I took XFCE because I wanted something light and fast, but I was told that XFCE was no longer updated and that at the moment both were as light, and that KDE was sometimes lighter.

I was also told that the best possible combo with Debian was XFCE.

So, what is your (argumented) opinion?

dwm
xfeces = bloat
kde = bloat
de = bloat
fuck you

XFCE with kwin or LxQt with kwin.

xfwm4 a complete shit
openbox is better but muh style

Yes, if I stay on XFCE I will probably change the windows manager, because on youtube I have tearing and >>>apparently

kwin is getting separated out quite well. It still needs ~200MB of dependencies with the current version on Arch but it's better than having to pull 80% of KDE like before.

LXDE is good ?

And it's worth staying on XFCE?
Apparently KDE has become so light, sometimes more..

wizz

Xfce. the screen tearing can be fixed easily

autism - the post

I haven't used full KDE in years so I can't say. I have switched one of my boxes from XFCE to LXQT and I'm torn. With more polish I think LXQT can be really good.

XFCE has been a trusty old steed but I really think they screwed up by going the GTK3 route. The GTK3/GNOME developers don't even acknowledge they exist and consider the whole style of XFCE deprecated. XFCE development is too slow and steady to chase software who's developers are hell bent on killing off the features they still use, If GTK goes rapid release like they have been hinting then XFCE might as well consider itself taken out back and shot.

Why stay on XFCE when it's almost not updated anymore?

So between XFCE and KDE it's better to opt for KDE now?

/comfy/

Give KDE a go and if you like it then stick with it as it has a future.

Thanks Vaporeon!

Development is slow but continious.

>I was told that XFCE was no longer updated
wut, last update in the repo was 41 minutes ago

somebody just flat out lied to you and should be stabbed in the neck

Xfce

stupid meme

Xfce is better because it's stable as fuck. But KDE has better software.