Intel

What was the last good chip they've made?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=osSMJRyxG0k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Intel 4004

i5 8400

6 core Haswell-EX
No joke.

Core 2 Duo...
...at least until libreboot works on something newer (X220, which is sandybridge, is in the works).

Any CPU really. Best ISA. Best pipelining. Best branch prediction.

i7-8700k

i5 2500

i'm still using my pentium 4.

g4560 before the price hikes, picked one up for $59 on release, cheapest hyperthreading money could buy. Now it's close to $80 and not even worth considering. Sad!

i5 4th gen

Sandy Bridge
>tfw a million generations and a million socket changes behind
>it just werks

2600k.

Prove me wrong.

Core 2 Duo.

This guy get it.

More than enough for audio production. The same can't be said for AMD's processors until Ryzen. As far as I'm concerned, it is truly great.

this

>c2d
>until libreboot works on something newer

What a trash project.

>No AVX
Might as well hire a chinese kid with an abacus.

i7-5775C
It beat the 7700K at lower clocks.

>Skylake with 2 more cores
There are better chips among the Xeon lineup by a long shot.

They don't make bad chips per se. They are all good.
What is bad about them are prices, turning off features to knock more money out of you and similar unfriendly practices.

Oh and the IGP, it's shitty. Sufficient for office use, but the drivers are so buggy and annoying if you need anything more (dunno how usable it is for gaming, not into that).

The last refresh of the Pentium 3 line was the peak of Intel
Its been down hill since then.

Northwood was actually pretty good too.
>still Netburst
>but it managed to hit high clocks for its time so it was actually a good CPU then, and fixed a lot of Willamette touble
>not even THAT power hungry
>but then Intel killed it with 90nm and Prescott

Nah, it's Intel's fault. Core 2 Duo is the last one where the management engine can be completely removed. But if me_cleaner disables enough of the management engine for you, then Skylake is now the last good chip.

It has ECC support though for cheap data servers.

Sandy cunt

The last great intel chips died out with the core2 line

youtube.com/watch?v=osSMJRyxG0k

they are literally an illegal company

SNDS though.

i960

i7-2600k

Pentium Pro.

Then Intel ruins it twice

First with tacking on the useless MMX and the L2 cache downgrade on the P2.

Then tacking on SSE (which should've been on the 0.18 µm process instead of tacking it on a P2). SSE2 is how SSE is supposed to be. SSE1 is some dumb hack job that limited the PIII's potential.

q6600

5775C

Was shit.
Dumb Momoposter.

>Best ISA
Are still on x86?
Most of the world moved on to amd64

It still kicked 6/7700k's ass in some applications even at those low clocks
Overclocked to 4,5ghz it was a beast, even had proper fucking integrated graphics

Those fuckers silently launched them without anyone noticing jack shit and now they are nowhere to be found, except from some shitheads that are ripping off with their pricing on ebay

I wish more CPUs had that edram on board
Intel are such fucking jews

applications that had to do with that retarded ram they had

that's why they were so overpriced and NOBODY fucking bought broadwell desktop chips. literally nobody

i had a 1.7ghz northwood and it was the most retarded cpu ever. it couldn't even fucking play a 720p youtube video. a year later, i got a sempron singlecore laptop that ran circles around it, even at 1.8ghz

>overpriced
literally like 30 bucks more than a 4790k at launch

>applications
like basic-ass video rendering brought results

>literally nobody bought
because it was launched ever so silently, if it had the same flail than the mainstream i7's, the consumers would demand more of that said "retarded ram" and higher clock speeds to boot

It was a fail because nobody knew about it, those who now do wish they had one

Plus is someone's gonna make a htpc with a broadwell chip, it's pretty hard to beat

you ain't very bright are you