/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

rinchoi.blogspot.com/
amazon.com/dp/B015R7AGHC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Qz--zb476BCAK
aliexpress.com/item/2017-MS16-Earphone-with-Mic-Sports-Running-Music-HIFI-Headset-Women-Man-Headphone-Stereo-Bass-for/32820009176.html?aff_platform=link-c-tool&cpt=1508338436526&sk=Znem6Ii&aff_trace_key=7aa447cf82b449cfb30a1437ce150de6-1508338436526-04739-Znem6Ii&terminal_id=e016b711f4df4da2bfe40187b868bb41
staxaudio.com/headband
amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00MRUPSHQ?vs=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

christ that art is awful.

OP here, you can add your external links to the wiki such as canpicker and the r/headphones assistant.

What is the second best headphone behind the ma900?

Does anyone in /hpg/ want to part with their HD800? I'm willing to pick one up for $800-ish provided it's in good condition.

I agree, but what do you expect from someone who doesn't wait for the bump limit?

i don't expect much from the people making anime OPs because they have garbage taste 99% of the time regardless

>Budget
>Source
iPhone 6s Plus
>Type of headphone
in-ear
>Past headphones
Apple EarPods, Left side isn't working anymore

Is Chink-Shit my only option?

What should I replace my Xiaomi pistons with? Preferably something bluetooth 4.0 or 5.0.

>ma900
dogshit headphones

>about 100€, willing to spend up to 150€
>Germany
>PC
>full sized
>open. cause open is better, right?
>as comfortable as possible. will want to wear them for hours without even noticing them
>neutral i think, but I'm not really sure
>Steelseries Siberia v3. I like their high level of comfort.

Sounds like the footfag is mad he didn't get to make the OP.

Stalk paintballer1833 - I've seen him sell HD 800s for $400 minus pads.

the footfag OPs are shit tier too though, the footfag is so entry level it hurts

Damn, that's cheap.

post your headphones to prove your opinion is worthy

STAX SR-009.

if you actually had the SR-009 your opinion would be even more worthles because you'd just prove the fact that you buy based on price and not based on sound quality (007 is much better)

so this is the power of hifiman

pic+timestamp

Would you guys recommend any of these for their respective price range? Also, 3rd world and not many options around (no K700/710, HD558/600, 880/770, etc). Yes, Africa thank you for asking.
>K240 MK2
>DTX 910

>SR-007
>good

better than the SR-009 by a significant margin at least

Get the K240 MKII, they are well known and reputable.

I need a dac my budget is $3k

/hpg/ is slow as of lately. Where did all of the regulars go?

Benchmark DAC3.

Soekris dac1541

Have there been any good Stax discussions recently?

You won't find it on /hpg/ because nobody owns a STAX rig here.

>tfw favorite headphone reviewer hasn't posted in 9 months

>tfw favorite headphone reviewer hasn't posted in 44 months

whos that?

Question: I have a pair of apt-x Bluetooth headphones and I'm wondering, is there a way to have some kind of BT transmitter hooked up to two audio sources (my switch & my computer) so I can hear both of them at the same time?

rinchoi.blogspot.com/

42 months rather

>no more rinchoi
>no more nwavguy
;_;

I'm looking at this one. Yay or Nay?

V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Gunmetal Black amazon.com/dp/B015R7AGHC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Qz--zb476BCAK

The negativity from "that guy" kills friendly discussion. You know who I'm referring to. He bullies posters here what seems like every day, and he's insufferable.

What's wrong with Jude, Marvey, and Fang?

I belive you can get the Beyer Custom Pro for about the same price, which is supposed to be more comfortable.
Check a few reviews and measurements of both online, see what you preffer.

I've being coming here for years now, it usually gets slower when some shitposting samefags aren't around, notice how the thread is rather friendly today.
When they are posting we end up getting the same argument on "model x" being perfect and "model y" being shit for entire threads, it's really boring...

For a portable? Sure. But they have that whole "gaymer" look which I'm not a fan of. And if it's anything like the m100s, isolation is below average and sound leak is above average

>nwavguy
>good

>you
>knowing more than an EE with professional measurement equipment

>EE freshman with entry tier measurement equipment takes on the audio industry and loses so goes back to hiding in his hole
>has to have someone else design his DAC because he isn't capable of doing so
>his amp design is worse than a basic cmoy

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

holy shit you guys, I'm not here about the headphones, but I've been watching for a few weeks and I just had to give you props, your general has the absolute best fucking anime grills for every OP pic, I just couldn't handle staying quiet anymore, thank you /hpg/

>I just couldn't handle staying quiet anymore, thank you /hpg/
well done on having garbage taste user, if you want to meet more like you make sure you visit Sup Forums, r/anime and MAL forums

I want some cheap good earphones

Are apple earpods still the best for the price? What else can I get?

Anyone here have the FiiO X3-II? Does it really have noticeably superior sound qualit compared to other portable music players?

>No budget listed
Well do you want IEMs or Earbuds?

Earbuds and under $20

KYS9001

Yawn. If you're going to be useless do it on redit.

aliexpress.com/item/2017-MS16-Earphone-with-Mic-Sports-Running-Music-HIFI-Headset-Women-Man-Headphone-Stereo-Bass-for/32820009176.html?aff_platform=link-c-tool&cpt=1508338436526&sk=Znem6Ii&aff_trace_key=7aa447cf82b449cfb30a1437ce150de6-1508338436526-04739-Znem6Ii&terminal_id=e016b711f4df4da2bfe40187b868bb41

Sounds fishy since it's too cheap.

Yincrow X6

Sabre dac no thanks. I like a sound signature that isn't as harsh and bright as the light of 1000 suns.
See above. Does anyone care to suggest some real big boy dacs or am I going to have to do with the a meme? If you guys don't want to be helpful fine I can go ask Reddit

The build quality of this thing is atrocious (HD6xx tier) but given the price and sound tuning, it's quite decent. For one the HD660S has an actual sub bass unlike the HD600 and HD650.

Sound-wise it's like a cross between the HD650 and HD700: it's definitely on the warm side like the HD650 but not as laid back, has elements of the HD700's treble and openness. I don't think HD600 fanatics will like this but perhaps this will appeal more to HD650 fans. It's also not anywhere near close to HD800's overall performance (and comfort, build quality).

>sabre is harsh and bright meme
wow you really don't know anything do you

your assessment is fucking garbage and inaccurate, the 660s do not have more subbass than the 6x0, objectively.
>it's definitely on the warm side like the HD650 but not as laid back
it's darker than the hd650 you fucking buffoon. how does anyone take the shit you say seriously?

>t. person who's never even heard them
this general is funny as shit sometimes

I'll take someone's opinion who have heard them than a graph reader.

>actually taking the opinion of somebody who believes in meme cables and pretends to have an understanding of electrical engineering when he's just a head-fi tier hypetard

Where can I buy a replacement STAX 407/404 headband?

I may have just broken mine.

and want to die

>mojo
Opinion discarded

NVX XPT100

>If you guys don't want to be helpful fine I can go ask Reddit
Sure, reddit is a damn fine place for the snake oil.

>sokeris r-2r
>sabre
pick one dipshit

I ordered KZ ATE for about $8. Now I am see the KZ ZST are for on sale for $9. Did I screw up or are the ATE's good enough?

>Budget
85$
>Location
USA
>Source
Phone+Cmoy amp if needed/PC.
>Type of headphone
Over ear.
>Open or closed
Closed. No noise leak prefered.
>Comfort level
Fair but not amazing as long as it sounds good.
>Sound signature
Do not know maybe flat or U.
>Past headphones
Crap/first decent.
Please help, not headphone oriented.

...How did you even manage to break it? If it's not grey market shit you can get a replacement arc assembly.

I am drunk, I just picked it up and idk what happened

Where?

staxaudio.com/headband

literally every single one of those are out of stock I already saw this page

Have you tried contacting them via e-mail? Their website may not be up to date.

The problem is you just can't buy spare parts from STAX directly unless you're an authorized distributor.

HD 471, MDR V6, MDR 7506, SHR 440. I am somehow leaning towards HD 471, but I'd recommend to do some research.

If you add a bit to the budget, there is HD 558, ATH M40X (needs custom pads for better sound quality and comfort from what I read), Brainwavz HM5.

Update - sorry, HD 558 is open.

Electromod.co.uk

Be warned: Those dowels are in tight and need either a 1mm punch or 1mm needle, plus three or four hands and a hammer.

They can have molded in stress and may simply give way without having been abused.

electromod.uk
It's where you gotta get all your grey market Stax parts until the new US distributor gets set up in Texas.

Looking for some headphones for my dad this christmas.

He gets up around 4AM puts on his headphones and eats his breakfast and catches up on tv and sports. He uses bluetooth headphones for this.

>Budget
$50-150
>Location
USA
>Source
Bluetooth output from TV
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
As comfy as possible more important than sound quality
>Sound signature
N/A
>Past headphones
Cheapy 10 buck headphones and sennheiser wireless.

Sennheiser HD 558 with FiiO BTR1

How bad of an idea is it to buy used from Amazon? Thinking of buying some DT770s that are much cheaper than new, not sure if it's worth the hassle of waiting 3 weeks for a set of earphones which might be slightly damaged or have cosmetic wear

Aside from my thinkpad this will be my first time buying used, ever.

It is rarely a good idea to buy new in this hobby, wait a few weeks as well since cyber monday is coming. Rule of thumb is to buy 50% off and sell for 50% off

>The build quality of this thing is atrocious (HD6xx tier)
They're literally built in the same place by the same people, using the same equipment what did you expect?

HD6xx has a poorer BQ than the HD600 and HD650.

In what regard? Be specific.

How do I know if my motherboard is powering my headset properly? How does it sound if it isn't enough?

How do I know if my headset isn't sounding as good as it could?

The HD6XX are pretty much an exact clone of the HD650, even the headband padding is the larger 2 piece instead of the 4 piece on the HD600.

The biggest complaint of the HD650 was always it's almost entirely plastic build. The same is the case with the HD6XX. I really can't see why people want to pretend they are somehow worse. They're literally just custom ordered HD650's with a different color scheme and ordered in bulk for a cheap price. Massdrop margins are also fairly small and counting on the fact they're doing 20,000+ orders.

They lack the anti-scratch clear coat of the HD600/650 for once.

The Siberia will not feel that comfortable anymore after you get this
amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00MRUPSHQ?vs=1

(OP)
I don't get it, how is canpicker against the rules for linking to amazon but all the generals on /toy/ with links to stores on Op aren't?

How does an amp improve sound if my $400 cans are driven fine unamped already?

her thighs are really thicc

Poor components are going to sound different than good ones.

What are the best headphones for mids under 100$? don't care about open or closed. no iems.

Just looking for some quick advice, its been years since I bought new headphones and you guys gave me great advice back then.

Whats the new HD558's (if any)? I'm talking about lower cost for decent audio.

I've shat this thread up with stupid questions for the last few months but my setup is pretty much complete now thanks to /hpg/.

>For one the HD660S has an actual sub bass unlike the HD600 and HD650.
So many years of experience you have as an audiophile and yet you're still shit at evaluating sound quality.

Any extra sub-bass you hear on the HD660S is due to spectral balance factors. It's still rolled off like the HD600 and HD650.

Referral links. Canpicker is a good resource. Add it to the wiki.