(Mattress_corruption)

stallman.org/archives/2017-sep-dec.html#21_October_2017_(Mattress_corruption)

>I would never order a mattress by mail, because that would put me in a data base. I want to pay cash. But actually I have never bought a mattress as such. Here's what I did instead.

>I went to a foam store and bought several layers of foam — hardest on bottom, then softer ones, finally convoluted foam layers on top. I also got a wooden board to put the foam on, and six cinder blocks to make a storage space under the board. This is far cheaper, and you can pay cash for it.

literally a hobo

why didn't he just go to a mattress store and buy one with cash?

Because he has never bought a mattress as such.
Did you read it?

>Zack Anderson's life has been turned into hell because he had sex with a 14-year-old who said she was 17.

>Now Indiana is grasping at straws for excuses to put him on the sex offender's list for 25 years.

>Excuses such as that a minor started working at his church and was there when he was.

>The normal occupation of human adolescents is sex.

>This case demonstrates what everyone should already have known: a human of age 14 can consent to sex, even seek it out.

>Claims to the contrary are false, and when these claims appear in a law, it's a lying law.

>The term “statutory rape” is a reflection of this lie. It means, “We know that wasn't rape, but we will pretend it was.”

>Adolescents can be bullied / tricked / bribed into sex.

>So can adults, as the recent accusations against Weinstein and others demonstrate.

>It could be useful to do something to help people of any age resist such pressures, on the occasions when they would rather not have sex.

>However, denying the fact that people also do have sex voluntarily is not the solution.

This is the face of the FSF and the free software movement. We need to move on from the Church of Emacs, it's full of kid diddlers like the Catholic Church.

nice blog

>How far has sexual repression in the US gone? A proposed law to establish a 5-year maximum penalty for sex involving teenagers (in certain limited cases) is actually a reduction in the repression.

/diy/ here, I approve.

Can't compile it that way

I'm surprised he could find something that could hold up his weight. It gets cold in massachusetts so he needs sheets too. I assume ordinary plywood wont cut it?

He could buy a shipping container and insulate it.

I agree with this to an extent as a formerly promiscuous 14 year old, but I will follow written law.

Break out the welders

:OOOOOO the jesus of our time

If you didn't fuck 15 year old goddesses kys
protip: im dead

that seems like it could fuck up your back pretty badly if it's all foam

What the fuck is a foam store?

or you can just buy an inflatable bed
christ

foam adventure

The guy has always been an oddball who's only in the conversation because he's the butt of some jokes in the OSS community. His contributions to free software over the past 20 years pale in comparison to the scores of companies who are bringing proprietary companies (MS, Google) into the OSS fold.

>His contributions to free software over the past 20 years pale in comparison
except for giving away hundreds-of-thousands of macarthur grant money to fund a non-profit

>scores of companies who are bringing proprietary companies (MS, Google) into the OSS fold
what does this even mean? don't use such retarded reddit-speak on Sup Forums

>i can' read

that article he links to is keks.

neo "journalism"

lol

>not sleeping on the floor with a blanket and a single pillow.

Based stallman

I'd like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as a bed is actually GNU/bed, or, as I like to call it, GNU+bed

why not just buy a futon at that point

shit those hormones on american food do wonders huh?

RMS literally built his bed from source.

>mfw rms could have afforded the best bed in the world
>mfw he donated all his money to found the fsf
>mfw he sleeps on cinderblocks

Not only america.. even europe , all these fucking estrogens in food are causing this .