Intels new 8th gen CPU looks quite promising. is there any reason that I have to choose Ryzen over this new Cpu?

Intels new 8th gen CPU looks quite promising. is there any reason that I have to choose Ryzen over this new Cpu?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.logicalincrements.com/2017/11/logical-increments-coffee-lake-update/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ryzen is in stock

That's got a pretty box.

If ryzen existing caused this processor, imagine with a Ryzen 2 or 3.

>Ryzen is actually available at good prices
>Platform will be supported longer, Z370 will only be supported one gen, Ice Lake is a new socket
>You don't have to buy expensive mobos just because, AMD has cheaper ones available
>you can overclock without delidding

zen is better at non gaming stuff.
when zen2 comes out in feb it will prolly match 8000 series at gaming

>is there any reason that I have to choose Ryzen over this new Cpu?
You don't put an i3 in a motherboard capable of overclocking.

7nm Zen2 isn't coming out until early 2019, the CPU's launching next year are the Ryzen mobile chips, and possibly a 12nm refresh. Basically what AMD called Zen+ in their original slides.

pretty much this. also only boards available for covfefelake atm is z370 boards that are designed for unlocked covfefelake. you're paying for features you can't use with your locked i3 or any locked covfefe processor.

I bet AMD can easily slash 100 dollars off all their chips and still have quite a lot of profit.

But as it is selling very well as it is...

whoa just checked, wiki says 7nm is coming out late 2018. what kind of performance increase should 7nm have over 14nm?

One it s in stock the other isn t .

Wait december , AMD will cut prices when jewintel will finally supply more skylake refresh

MOAR COR-
They probably will finally hit 5Ghz.
Also 32core Threadrippers.

Massive, rumors are that it should be able to hit 5GHz. So basically the same performance as Intel in gaming with better power efficiency. Intel will be releasing 10nm Icelake, which may actually have slightly worse performance than Coffee Lake, it will be a complete slaughter. And this is assuming Intel even unfucks their disastrous 10nm yields.

>UHD graphics 630
nice

Depends what you're doing. If you're gaming (you are) then not really, if you can get it. If you're doing stuff like video encoding, Ryzen will perform better.

>If ryzen existing caused this processor, imagine with a Ryzen 2 or 3.
The fuck are you trying to say? What you wrote makes me want to buy intel now, and then wait for ryzen 2/3 just to wait for intel again.

>And this is assuming Intel even unfucks their disastrous 10nm yields.
They won't. SAQP for metal stack was a bad idea.

look at mobo price.

>fpbp

>implying you weren't just gonna wait for intel to make something worthy in the first place

blog.logicalincrements.com/2017/11/logical-increments-coffee-lake-update/

No reason to buy Rypoo at all

Falcon agreed, don't bother him about it

fpbp

Gaming?
Buy a kaby lake

Productivity/gaming?
Ryzen's good

t. falcon on incognito mode

Its nothing, amd marketshare in sales is still growing