Who the hell thinks to themselves "Hey Nvidia, i need a gpu thats better than a 1070, but i cant afford a 1080...

Who the hell thinks to themselves "Hey Nvidia, i need a gpu thats better than a 1070, but i cant afford a 1080, can you make me something in the middle?"

Nobody in the right mind would seriously feel that this is a necessary product, who the hell is this marketed for?

They took a binned 1080 processor and mated with the 1070s ram

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/11987/the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-ti-founders-edition-review
skhynix.com/eng/pr/pressReleaseView.do?seq=2086&offset=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because the vega 56 sits there and nvidia wants complete market supremacy

Are you a fucking idiot?
The Ti series is named using those cards as scale.
The 1070ti is better than the regular 1080

probably because their yields have improved to a point where 1070s are no l0nger cost-effective

Ti is just behind 1080 for cheaper. It is not better.

>1070ti is better than the regular 1080

Prove me wrong without using old 9gug memes

anandtech.com/show/11987/the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-ti-founders-edition-review

>Another factor that Ryan brought up last week was chip yields of the GPU itself. After 16 months of yield improvement at TSMC, GP104 GPUs fabbed on the mature 16nm FF process may not have as many defective SMs as they used to.

Except anyone who buys RX Vega 56 knows how easy it is to make it perform like a RX Vega 64 which is close to 1080 performance in most scenarios. Plus no Goysync tax.

My RX Vega 56+Freesync setup cost £300 less for near GTX 1080+Goysync performance.

i hafve a 1070 and if i ever felt the need for a minort upgrade i would get a 1080 but likely i will wait till next gen or so

1070ti is worse than 1080 in every metric except cost and price

Goodboy

it just nvidia wanted to clear bad cheap that not good enough to be 1080, before volta hit

Only an idiot can't see that the 1070 Ti exists so they can stop 1080 production to free up the GDDR5x memory for volta's launch.

You're the biggest moron, Volta uses GDDR6

GDDR6 will only see limited production in 2018, so it will be used for some expensive Titan monster. The successors to the 1070 and 1080 will be using GDDR5x. The successor the the 1060 will most likely use GDDR5 again.

It's cute that you believe that. There's absolutely no way anything sub-Titan will be using GDDR6. Well, the Ti probably will, but you'll be waiting until 2019 for that.

They are being cheap on DDR5X. Probably because it goes into next gen '60 and '70 series

They probably need a 1080 replacer for the holidays while they build up GDDR5X stock for Volta gpus.

skhynix.com/eng/pr/pressReleaseView.do?seq=2086&offset=1

>SK Hynix has been planning to mass produce the product for a client to release high-end graphics card by early 2018 equipped with high performance GDDR6 DRAMs.

>by early 2018

Stay mad, clueless ignorant faggot

imho, AMD still fucked up on this. fps/watt on the vega cards is stupid.

thats why i bought the 1080ti instead, even tho i have a freesync monitor.

but at least i can run almoast everything at 120fps/120hz 1440p locked.

You shouldn't have even considered it, if you got them money for 1080ti and a good 1440p monitor.

I had the freesync monitor because i got it cheap af. and im a cheap fuck who hates spending money.

and i got the 1080ti cheap on a sale. i think they fucked up the pricing. i already knew vega64 was shit. even tho im an AMD gui

>he thinks I hadn't read that

Cute!

No card below the Titan range, save for the Ti, will use GDDR6. Screencapping these posts for future bragging. Try not to die before then, okay?

You already lost, just admit it unless you don't have the balls to admit you're wrong which you probably are not man enough to do

Volta family will use GDDR6 top to bottom, there's 3 companies that will make GDDR6, Samsung, SK Hynix & Micron vs only Micron making GDDR5X, but obviously you don't have a brain to think 3 manufacturers will make greater quantities than 1 and competition keeps pricing in check for wide adoption

>Who the hell thinks to themselves "Hey Nvidia, i need a gpu thats better than a 1070, but i cant afford a 1080, can you make me something in the middle?"

people who need a gpu thats better than a 1070, but can't afford a 1080

The amount of GDDR6 that will be produced in 2018 will be too limited to put on anything except the very top-end of the market (aka the Titan). GPU's aren't a super important market for the memory producers, retooling factories to produce a brand new graphic memory will not be a priority when so many other markets scream and beg for more memory.