Tor is saf-

>Tor is saf-
youtu.be/fCWyHsZNioo
Pedos BTFO

is this an actually good show or is it just your standard hollywood hacking flim that '12 year old anonymous hakers' watch

S01 is kino, S02 is trash

>Tor isn't safe
>source : Mr. Robot

this. S 03 I stopped watching.

Mr Normie is for normies who want to look like they're robots.

>S01 is kino

>rehashed FightClub 20 years later with flat characters, cringeworthy dialogs and mildly interesting story
>kino

Exactly, it's Fight Club but with hackers which is kino

Can you tell me some things you didn't like about S02?

If you're asking if this show does egregious shit like having two people type into a keyboard to stop a hack before their street smart boss pulls the plugs on all the computers to stop the hack, then no.

If you're asking for 100% real hacking and excruciatingly accurate extrapolations of how to hack, then no.

If you want to see a show about intrigue with much better than average understanding of hacking, then go ahead and watch the show. What will keep you watching is whether you enjoy the characters or not.

Why are you worth my time?

Mister Robot is Fight Club with wings, where the corporate antagonist actually has a complete roll in the story and the story doesn't just climax and stop after the "Brad Pitt is a hallucination" reveal

making another movie but worse isn't kino user
i agree S01 was much better than S02 and I enjoyed watching it because of slightly /cyb/ vibe it had, but it was a guilty pleasure
mr robot is shit

How do I become like Elliot? Do I have to install GNOME?

you have to make someone push you out from some height and make sure you hit the ground with your head
if you're lucky you'll get some psychological disorder
then take drugs, any kind that produces paranoia
then play a little with kali linux
congratulations, you're 90% elliot

Most of the hacking in the show is social engineering which is true to reality
I didn't have very much Sup Forums knowledge when I watched S01 two years ago so I don't remember if any of the actual cracking was retarded but nothing jumped out at me as retarded at the time

S01 was okay. S02+ is fucking garbage.

>make some cop insert your zip disquette in his laptop
>when he does it you instantly have access to whole prison, controlling gates, lights and probably even dogs around

Honestly, I think that's a fair compromise between being overly technical and possible wrong and overly general and hand-wavy. Social Engineering is something people can understand, and people fall for it all the time.

Is this the Dexter of hacking? It seems really uninteresting. I was at a place a year ago filled with people who watched it and honestly I never could get into it. The only appeal I see is that it's not CSI: Cyber really.

I guess it gets into the field far enough for it not to be boring to people who aren't into this subject?

Yes, and make sure you get yourself an Asuka wallpaper

I swear S3 is going to pull a Lain ending.

You're saying that as if it's a bad thing

That was not the intended connotation.

>using unsecured communications standards over tor
Retards will get caught, of course.

You would be shocked if you know any government systems including prison are horribly outdated and vulnerable.

>any government systems
*how government systems

That scene is bullshit and nicely illustrates how inaccurate Mr Robot is.

>Eliot claims he started analyzing the network locally
nothing to do with Tor, but can identify that traffic goes to Tor and there is some server running
>claims onion routing protocol losses anonymity with malicious exit node
If Ron is running the website as onion service than that's irrelevant. It's also impossible to ensure someone specific uses your exit node, especially if you are in the same location. Also servers don't use exit nodes, clients are. This argument from Eliot is completely irrelevant.
>Eliot doesn't explain how owning tor exit node gains him an access to Ron's servers
This show never explains the key steps, they mostly just magically happen. Repeating pattern of first season.

the exact opposite my fellow pleb