Ok Sup Forums, I know a lot of people love Windows 7 here. And that would be normal...

Ok Sup Forums, I know a lot of people love Windows 7 here. And that would be normal, because 10 is pretty unpleasant for quite a few people, I do find it so and many people in the environment, even people who aren't into tech at all dislike it.

However, what about this? What makes this so damn obscure? Is it the menu that can be replaced with software? Is it the theme which can also be replaced? What exactly turns people off about 8.1?

>No LTSB

>No LGBT

>No OMGWTFBBQ

I like 10.

OP btfo

Win 8.1 is the ultimate windows with the comfyness of 7 and easily removable spyware features as simple as disabling certain updates

>t. Arch/Win 8.1 dual boot patrician

How's performance in comparison to both 7 and 10?

Windows 10 lags on a Pentium 4
Windows 8.1 is faster on a Pentium 4 than on Windows 7
that basically explains all of your questions

I see very little reason to run 8.1 over 7, at least before 7 reaches EOL.

It's just your Indian ancestry and desire to defecate on streets that make you like Windows 10.

10 is breddy gud

I used 8.1 for a while. the GUI is unbearable.

Nothing that can't be fixed with classic shell.

I would say maybe the issues are DPC Latency and that, no matter where you look in benchmarks comparing 7, 8.1 and 10, 8.1 is always at the bottom.

It's bretty gud

Why would you ever use it over 7?

>Windows 8.1 is faster on a Pentium 4 than on Windows 7

Can confirm. Am on Windows 8.1, and I absolutely despise the fullscreen dogshit metro settings app. I’m planning on switching to Windows 10 LTSB.

3 times I tried to switch from 7 to 8.1 before I realized it was a bugfest. Eventually something would break or just not work as well as it did in 7, so I'll just stay there until support is dropped also, have a legit win7 pro key so I dont have to deal with KMS and all that crap.
Sucks because 8.1 had some features I actually liked and was pretty confy

Yes? MS did some pretty major overhauls to large portions of the Windows codebase after 7 because it was becoming a bloated mess, 8 has superior resource management to 7, uses less resources than 7, and is far more responsive.