AMD

If AMD CPUs and GPUs are such good value for money, then why is absolutely no one buying them? The way they're constantly losing market share with no end in sight will soon leave Nvidia and Intel with a virtual monopoly in PC consumer hardware.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/
bbc.com/news/technology-32247532
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>steam statistics
Discarded.

if absolutely no one is buying them, then why are they all out of stock and have inflated prices?

Miners buy AMD, fa.m because it's the most efficient way to buy computational power. Also miners aren't on steam.

Mystery solved.

The problem with miners buying everything is that that doesn't help to foster long term customer relationships. People who have grown used to buying Nvidia cards will more likely keep also buying Nvidia in the future, which will leave AMD in a big hole if GPU mining loses its popularity.

PR is everything.
Just that week I had a talk with the kid who's helping us with maintenance, he asked me what's better, buy a CPU for S1150 or upgrade to a S1151, he wanted to buy an i5 and I suggested AMD among other proposals. He told me "I used Nvidia + Intel all my life so I don't want to switch because it works". There's that, AMD have no publicity, they are barely mentioned by the press while Nvidia spends big money on advertising and press articles.

>long term customer relationships.
Yeah, we're not selling cars here. Picking a GPU is a matter of looking at benchmarks and drop down the list until you see a price you like. This means AMD can always sell cards to gamers again as soon as the prices drop. And if they don't AMD makes more money from miners. AMD cannot lose this way.

Once the average person gets the idea that some brand is somehow inferior or unreliable and they don't have personal experience with their products, they'll be uninclined to touch that brand, unless there's strong evidence to dispel those prejudices.
Considering how much weaker AMD's marketing and reputation are, they will have tough obstacles to overcome.

>steam
Because people buying AMD have actually grown out of playing games

Why?

>steam
Kill yourself back to Sup Forums.

You should check it by yourself, they mix it with laptop/mobile CPU/gpu, Intel GPU are way more popular than amd nvidia...

Those numbers are because of the massive influx of chinks wanting to,play PUBG joining steam

its nothing and your thread is shit, sage

You'd think that China would be a huge market for good value parts.

I'm sticking with Intel + Nvidia even if AMD could deliver slightly faster performance at a slightly lower price.

I value the stability and compatibility of the Intel + Nvidia combo.

Try playing any modded games or using emulators on an AMD system and you'll see what I mean.

I used to purchase amd cards when I was good, between 4970-7970. Beyond that amd just stick to rebrands and abominations.
When a decent amd GPU appears I will consider. Right now with volta around the corner make no sense to purchase anything amd, even so considering they can't even top ti

They check the dedicated GPU...

store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

Even though Nvidia gimps their shit your still a fan boy. Sounds like a typical mindless winfag. Emulators are perfectly fine and mods are for children

>playing games after 18
Oh boy

>Intel HD Graphics
>Dedicated

What else would you list if the PC doesn't have a proper GPU?

They are not out of stock, and not inflated.

I have done everything you can think of with my amd 8 core fx. I bought it when it first came out(5 years ago) and still use it every single day.
My only complaint is that the stock fan is loud.

I'm not saying AMD doesn't make good hardware, I'm saying that personally I've found the Intel + Nvidia combo to be more reliable.

In most mainstream gaymes you'll be fine no matter what you pick.

Isn't Intel banned in China?

Only some high end Xeons and stuff, and it was the US government that ordered Intel to stop selling them there.

because nvidia and intel are paying steam to manipulate their stats as a means of deceptive marketing

prooofs?

This, Steam's statistics are fucked up recently because of the swarms of chinks. Look at the OS statistics, there's been shifts of 20%+ in one month

Why does it still say ATI instead of AMD on the video cards? Figured they would've changed that by now

because the drivers are shit
>tfw fell for AMD meme
>tfw my 295x2 is pure garbage
JUST

I wouldn't take this month's Steam survey too seriously.

Why? It's not like they are that different from regular Intel CPUs. Also arnt the CPUs manufactured in China?

Laptop and sheep mentality

>no one buys amd
q3 earning went 302% above what they expected

Couple reasons:

Because they haven't had a stunning flagship to create a halo effect around their lineup in quite a while. When 4k Ultra preset benchmarks with the top end GPUs are the primary thing reported on, their price/performance benefit doesn't get a whole pile of publicity and people assume if they can't compete with the GTX 1080 Ti they aren't worth talking about.

The mining thing really didn't help, I had a friend trying to get an AMD card who very nearly ended up going NVIDIA because everyone had just been cleaned out of AMD cards.

Because they have a shockingly bad reputation. An awful lot of people don't even consider AMD, citing that they produce endless crashes, catch on fire and burn your house down, etc. This is certainly not helped by them every now and again bringing out a 300W+ flagship that somehow still underperforms of course...

Because intel and nvidia is a much better gaming experience

This triggers the fuck out of me also.

But why? Aren't they used to play dota before pubg?

yea amd gpu are so bad that never go out of stocks o wait .... RX 480 -580 - 570 470

So instead of one dollar they made 302 dollars?

All of them have issues though. Intel was causing crashes on Assassin's Creed Origins because the CPU usage was so high they were overheating. Nvidia's Vulkan and DX12 performance is so shitty you see them occluding or downgrading graphics that appear as the devs intended on AMD cards.

>intel gets hot
Yeah, but its still the best. My i5 8400 doesnt get hot.
>dx12
It's shit and win10 only so it will never really take off

Kid's got some good taste with the dragonball figures.

nah. i have seen people buy stupid shit because of brand loyalty. even i do it mainly with hard drives

maybe the xeons aren't backdoored or something.

bbc.com/news/technology-32247532

The US government doesn't want them building more powerful supercomputers.