why isn't technology making me happy

Other urls found in this thread:

editions-hache.com/essais/pdf/kaczynski2.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's not what technology is for.

>expecting permanent happiness from impermanent things

Only having a stable and caring family around you can make you happy
And this

Tech is just a means to an end. If you don't even know what you're looking for, how is technology going to help you get it?

>Only having a stable and caring family around you can make you happy
Tell me it ain't so.

>Only having a stable and caring family around you can make you happy
???????????????
Do you mean friends/family?

isn't it kind of the main point of technology? Why else does it exist?

Because you apparently don't use drug or other internal technology to that effect, duh.

Why did you expect technology that expects the outside world to *directly* make your body happy? At most it works very indirectly.

To produce shit more effectively and to alienate people from their work.

Productivity, lowered effort and risk of injury - ultimately survival.

Some technology of course is purely for entertainment. Being not bored can lead to happiness, but other human happiness just comes from food, sex and relationships, success in doing something complex you really wanted to do... and so on. Or drugs like in . Ultimately you want that brain reaction, right? Theoretically that's the shortcut. I guess a precise way to simulate all sorts of happiness is still absent though.

Because you confused technology and consumerism, and consumerism makes no one happy besides those getting paid.

Because you're consuming technology and not prducing it.
Learn the joys of being a creator and technology will give you great satisfaction

A lot of people also are happy operating technology. [Happy, not euphoric every day. Jobs are still jobs, but you could be picking up stones on a hand tilled field or some such shitty thing for weeks right now.]

Happiness is not when you have everything. It's when you don't need anything.

you're my man shiva

Sounds to me like you need to read Industrial Society and its Future.

Because you're a dumb sperg.

Are you retarded?

Because you have no personality and think that ""depression"" or other self-diagnosed ""mental illnesses"" make you look cool

>nothing real is permanent

That's the shit, right here.

"""projection"""

Thanks Anons.

Why would it be otherwise? We can change a lot about biology but we can't change the very pattern of our DNA, our DNA has evolved to value family and especially having children as a way of being happy. This is an instinct the kikes have taught moronic Western women (I.e. most of Western women) to strangle to death in place of having a career.
No I mean a family, as in having your own family, friends are a very minor part of happiness.

It all goes back to our evolution. Whites want to deny what makes us human but one day the genes will hit.

because once all the boring stuff is taken care of all that's left is too much time to think about shit there's no answers to.
get a dog or something

Read the Unabomber manifesto about this problem.
editions-hache.com/essais/pdf/kaczynski2.pdf

Daily reminder that the pagan gods are demons (1 Corinthians 10:20)

works on my machine

happiness is a myth, much unlike the cat in the hat who lives under my bed. every night at 2 am he creeps out from his dust bunny cave filled with jizz stained victoria secret magazines and inserts his whole fist into my rectum. you would think this wouldn't be enjoyable, as having an oversized cat's entire left fist forcefully inserted into your anus is not exactly the best feeling in the world, but over the course of 18 1/2 years it has spread my anus cavity so wide that no fart passes my ass cheeks and makes a sound. i rip farts left and right at uni, no one expects a thing, except my lab partner hannah but she's a fuckin cunt.

so yeah happiness isn't real you lil bitch welcome to the real world.

War demon YHWH is the worst of them.

>implying there is anything permanent.
>projections of the "me" which seeks to ground itself in permanence.
>There is only one fact, impermanence.

You probably haven't bought enough yet.

because it is non-free

>I love slurping on Jewsus little snipped dick. Slurp slurp. Yum yum. You should suck on it too! If he should slap your left buttcheek let him slap your right one too. And the lord saidth unto him "The meek shall inherit the Earth. Now bend over Goiym, my chosen people are going to need a reach around. Work the shaft."

Efficiently and productivity.
Technology is a tool.

It's the thing that gets you to the thing.
It in itself isn't supposed to make you happy. Unless you're a /retro/fag.
Then you probably get raging boners and dopamine rushes by just looking at it.

why should it have?

having your own family is the only happiness in life, once you have one you'll understand everything else is just a means to an end

the experience "I am" is permanent though (except maybe in deep sleep)

No, the "me" experience wants control, security and tries to explain everything in patterns to "it's" knowledge. It seeks permanence where there is impermanence, it seeks order where there is chaos.

Oh you mean replacing genuine social interaction and hanging out with friends in real life (and engaging in fun activities) with a computer monitor isn't making you happier? Gee, who knew?

It is. But indirectly. People are happier than ever. They're (largely) not living in starvation, plagued by disease, without proper shelter etc.
It's just that technology doesn't garauntee happiness.

Read Luke 12:15 if you're looking for genuine advice.

Having friends, stable relationships with the people around you, your family and your community is far more conducive to happiness than staring in front of a computer screen. Happiness isn't formed with the amount of material things you have. Happiness is found in simplicity. Seems to me you've been brainwashed by nihilism and mindless consumerism and you swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

>books of myths as real advice
Science or GTFO
bible is less scientific than sociology.

Luke 12:15
>And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

But let me guess, your autism is so off the charts that you actually think knowing that the universe is made up of clumps of dust and gas will make you a decent human being.

suffering is real

Bible is full of human knowledge about humanity, society and how people have overcome tough times.

So are Superman comics.
Doesn't make either valuable.

King James Bible or which version?

Shh, don't tell him that. He actually thinks the bible was written by a bunch of goat herders instead of learned men like temple scribes.

To an extend, sure comics can have valid points in them.

Both goat herders and temple scribes are people, that's the point.
Doesn't matter who tell about their experiences and what they learned from them.

>He actually thinks the bible was written by a bunch of goat herders instead of learned men like temple scribes.

This is what irks me about edgy fedora wearing atheists. They are so desperate to appear the cool, hip, educated and intelligent "freethinkers" that they just regurgitate what they read online from atheist websites and Richard Dawkins books. So much for freethinking.

it sure makes dying at the end of it all way less mysterious and cruel

bible God is an asshat.

How does not being covetous in any way make your death less mysterious and cruel?

It seems you have issues about your life that need resolving and you are blaming God for whatever predicament you are in presently.

>be angry at freethinkers
>for doing something you read about them doing on an edgy website for temple scribes

Goat herders and scientists are both human beings. By your logic, scientists cannot be trusted because they are limited by their experiences. But whatever your super high atheist IQ says.

>hurr durr you must be covetous just because you disagree with my meme book
One of the biggest problems I have with christians is that they are immoral and selfish. They put their own comfort over lives of others and their holy book tells them it's totally fine, as long as they are of "lesser quality" - animal, slave, sinner.

>claims to be a freethinker
>regurgitates what he sees online like a broken record

LMAO

>complains about freethinkers doing something
>hasn't actually witnessed it happen, just regurgitates something he heard about

I never said anything about scientists.
People with a psychology degree usually know a lot about the things that have been documented in the Bible.

>christians is that they are immoral and selfish.

Christians claim they are powerless by themselves and need a higher source of power to overcome things. This is what is called humbleness.

On the other hand, atheists believe they are good without God and can do no wrong. I'm sure all those atheistic murders amount to hundreds of millions is "good". We call that arrogance.

The more I read your arguments, the more I'm convinced you're a pseudo-intellectual pretending to be an intellectual giant. Not sure where you even got this one complaint from. Did you get your arguments from edgyatheist.com or Richard Dawkins' books by chance?

>documented in the Bible
>documented in Superman comic

no matter what religion tells you or what science tells you.

Money and lots of it is the key to happiness. everybody else that says otherwise has not been poor or has too much with no idea what to do with it.

I never read any Superman comics, so, I'm sorry, I'm not an expert on that.
But sure, there's a lot about human behavior documented in the Bible. Like the other user already quoted, people shouldn't be overly crazy about material belongings, because doing only that won't really make you happy.

no you dingleberry, it's knowing that the universe is made up of collected clumps of matter and that you too are composed of that matter, meaning that at one point every atom in your body was once part of something far more vast and powerful than you or any fictional being could ever hope to be.

>"freethinkers" doing something
>by reading amateurish online atheist websites that anyone can debunk

Atheist hubris ladies and gentlemen.

>atheists are immoral because communist revolutionaries (jews) told them to do bad shit
>christians are moral because they say they are weak, just before condemning innocents, cutting down fellow christians, burning witches (in b4 "but church didn't say it!" - still devout christians), torturing others for own enjoyment
Not sure if you're baiting or really that retarded. You benefit from Poe's law heavily.

Why is this bad

Was about to suggest this

>man's life does not constitute the abundance of things which he possesses
>suddenly talk about all that hubris about the universe and how you are also grand because you are a part of it

I don't see how the two are connected to each other. You seem confused or maybe you are just used to regurgitating what you see online on atheist websites.

>Money and lots of it is the key to happiness. everybody else that says otherwise has not been poor or has too much with no idea what to do with it.
Being someone who has lived alone since 16 and used to clean toilets to come by while going to school, having a life now where I can easily support myself and don't have to worry about ending up without a roof over my head, I don't really see money as the key to happiness. It's just something that exists and is needed to live your life in society.

Having personally known someone who lived in the forest without any money, by choice for years and seen that they also can be perfectly happy, I think that's even less the case.
I'm sure some people need it more to be happy, like people who spend all their free money on fashion, I've seen people who genuinely get enjoyment out of it and people who just do it "because".

>Karl Marx derided religion heavily and wanted to do away with it. He also espoused atheism and even called religion "the opiate of the masses"
>b-b-b-but that's not true atheism!!!! I swear!!! He didn't do it in the name of atheism!

No true scotsman fallacy. I don't expect much from pseudo-intellectuals though.

All right, you're too obvious with the baiting.
No more (You)s

How about you stop this shit anyways?
This isn't related to technology.

>atheists promote atheism through extreme means
>THEY ARE NOT TRUE ATHEISTS!

>Muslims kill in the name of Allah and their religion
>THEY ARE NOT TRUE MUSLIMS YOU DIRTY KAFFIR!

Spot the difference.

LMAO! You're doing God's work user. Despite atheists' claims they are not some organized group, they sure act like one with an agenda to push. It's hilarious how the boogeyman Christian they fear applies more heavily to them.

It cannot experience what is, the truth, because it is conditioned and always biased. It's an illusion.

Because what you crave is the outdoors.

If you need a negativity in that then at least visit some destruction while doing it to level things out.

Well I guess most of us will never be happy in that case.

prolly because you don't have a Thinkpad X220

Because you're a stupid faggot.

Don't you have *any* family?