8GiB of RAM is more than enough

I dual boot Xubuntu and Windows 10 on my desktop. I program in C, C#, and Node.js while having an HD youtube video playing, with a dozen of other tabs on two broswers, and two terminals. The only time I use up more than 5 GiB is with Visual Studio (for C#). Everything else I described uses 4.4 GiB tops. How THE FUCK do you justify having 16 GiB of RAM? Having a hundred tabs opened that aren't used for hours doesn't count. I have a good feeling it will also stay the same even in 10 years. Even if every fucking program will run on Electron/JS in the future, I have no idea how you can reach 8 GiB of RAM.

>winblows 10
fucking retard

Also your shitbox is pathetic

Some people aren't NEETs and program in C# for a living. I intentionally took a Windows 10 screenshot since it obviously takes more RAM than Xubuntu.
Thanks for the free bump retarded tripfag.

>video editing
>3D rendering
>CAD
>Audio production

What are these things?

>NEET
>trip
From which subereddit did you purchase your Sup Forums starter pack?

>hurr I'm not a tripfag because I don't have a tripcode
neck yourself

Fucking pathetic newfag off yourself fucking retard
Which are needed by less than 5% of Sup Forums. It would be less than 1% if we would count only people who use it for a living. I have no idea if gaming needs anything more than 8 GiB but I can't imagine any game using that much memory.

>I can't imagine any game using that much memory.
You're not very imaginative.

fuck off femanon.

I'm Ukrainian though

I only have 4GB on my laptop and it works will with windows 10 and firefox, though new games are unplayable, lol.

I hope russians genocide you fucking worthless bitch

t. Lithuanian

Lol, I'm actually comfortable with Russians (: I go to Russia often

Russian in denial GTFO

t. Serbian

>woman has no problem with her country being occupied
I'm not surprised, women should have stayed in the kitchens, churches in houses

Dude try using your computer sometimes. I have gone as high as 29GB of RAM usage.

I work with large canvases and with video. Helps with some vidya too - especially if you want a break but dont want to close your open projects. Justified enough? Thought so. Not everyone has a light load on their machine.

>woman has no problem with her country being occupied
When did I say that? Stupid political conflicts does not make people bad/enemies.

You forgot virtual machines.

friendly reminder that apps will use different amounts of memory depending on what is available to make things faster.

my work laptop (three years old) is using 9GiB/16GiB right now and my dev environment is very similar to yours (node, c#, visual studio, SSMS, and about 4 chrome tabs)

I agree. I never use more than 5GB while doing daily tasks.

Hi there Yuliya Muradova

i just want 128GB RAM so i never need to close a program again.
is this a good use of RAM? no.
But also: fuck you

h... how did you know?

>Even if every fucking program will run on Electron/JS in the future, I have no idea how you can reach 8 GiB of RAM.
Just gonna leave this here with a big 'O RLY?'

You've never played Rust, have you?

It's a bit heavy on memory but nothing like 8GiB of bloat.

Cities Skyline with hundreds of assets and mods murders my 16 GB of RAM, probably going to have to upgrade if I want to continue making assets.

I have screenshotted your post and I will post the screenshot in ten years if Sup Forums still exists then

I need 64 gb of ram for my work.
128 gb would speed things up.
Yes, working with genomes require lots of RAM.

TFW you can game while having 2 vms open with 10 gigs of ram allocated to them.

OH SHIT

>I program in C, C#, and Node.js while having an HD youtube video playing, with a dozen of other tabs on two broswers, and two terminals.

Virtual machines, Blender and very occasionally neural networks. It's not uncommon that I go over 10 GiB without even noticing it.

>How THE FUCK do you justify having 16 GiB of RAM?
Games.

Incorrect. Sup Forums is a creativity powerhouse that does everything in your post.
Also, Space engineers uses 7 gigs of ram easy. It's unoptimized as fuck, but still.

>.NEET platform
kek

>shit 95% of people don't do

What happened here? Most of the posts are deleted.

>8gb is more than enough
>using over half his RAM while doing literally nothing
kek

>Some people aren't NEETs and program in C# for a living
Clearly not you, if you need to justify ram stick purchase.

I want to buy 1tb RAM just to BTFO poorfags.

>video editing
>games
>music production
>adobe shit
I go over 8gb all the time you fag.

need to upgrade this 8gb ram in thinkpad cause i dont want to strain the ssd with using the swap all the time.

16gb ram is pcmr bullshit
no single person that does anything other than gaming needs more than 16gb of ram

>A phone has as much RAM as his computer

well what do you expect

normies will buy anything as long as it says it's "next generation technology"

w-what did she say...

Unironically modded minecraft with 512x textures taking up 16 gigabytes.

That she's Ukrainian. Use 4chanx, it redirects to archive automatically
Also you're probably clicking google's recaptcha v2 like a retard when you can do gool ol' text captcha until march 2018

Try a large image in photoshop and a large document in illustrator. I've been up to 28gb used ram at times.

That's a great use of ram imo

collect vood

This is like making the argument that 100gb a month net usage is "enough" because you can manage it if you really try, even though unmetered is the real patrician choice since you just dont give a fukkkk

>not being ramlet master race

>What Sup Forums says: resources are there to be used!
>What Pajeets and nu-male developers say: Because 8GB is now the standard it's fine to leave my code unoptimised
>What normal people say: I have to buy another computer to do the same as before, again?
>What software and hardware manufacturers say: Profits continue to increase.

>100GB a month

Why would you be downloading the wikipedia archive 7 times a month?

shut up richfag

pic wasnt included for some reason
probably it timed out

Or like 3 games?

>3 games
>100GB
Playing garbage, I see.

Define non-garbage games.
protip: you can't, don't even try

I mean, exactly 10 years ago 2 GiB of RAM was standard for good laptops, like the thinkpad T61. You can absolutely do daily tasks with 2 GiB of RAM if you run something like Xubuntu, UbuntuMATE, etc. hell, look at this guy rocking Windows.
Also, the last 10 years saw surging use of RAM while it looks to be stagnated right now.

Dude i have 4gb of ram and having 10 tabs open in chrome literally rapes my computer and causes slow down. i imagine 8 is acceptable but i think 12 should be the ram sweet point