Do people still buy t60/t61s asking for a friend?

Do people still buy t60/t61s asking for a friend?

Other urls found in this thread:

coreboot.org/Build_HOWTO,
libreboot.org/docs/#about-the-libreboot-project
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't see a reason for it. t400/x200 are librebootable now, as are the t500, w500, and r400.

I personally would not. It's just not enough for comfy computing, despite the glorious 4:3 aspect ratio.

libreboot x220 when

I would if only for /stallmanmode/

I'm trying to find a cheap eBay lot of computers to sell to normies at uni, I have bought 5 x61s before, but there is no touchpad, so I don't think I can get people to go for it.

I have seen decently priced lots of t400 not x200 though.

Is there that much of a difference between the early and later core 2 duos?
Apparently soon, but I'm still using my libreboot x60s
What is not comfy about it? I've only owned one for a brief period of time.
I would install pirated 10 desu if I was selling them.

T400 are a great choice. W500 for that sweet 1200p.

I just bought four of them for $25 apiece. I already have one as my daily driver but I want a reserve stash.

After the Management Engine poison pill goes out and every Intel computer made after 2008 or so is reduced to a pile of worthless scrap, they will be worth their weight in gold.

If you have DDR2 RAM around, yes.

Coreboot supports following thinkpads: l520, r400, s230u, t400, t420, t430, t430s, t500, t520, t530, t60, t60p, x1 carbon gen1, x200, x200t, x201, x201s, x201t, x220, x220i, x230, x60, x60s, x60t

just do your homework and compile from source coreboot.org/Build_HOWTO, learn something for once

Libreboot is just a distribution, they distribute Coreboot binaries in form of ROMs for different laptops, they take and compile source code as Coreboot doesn't provide binaries. Coreboot releases stable code bi-yearly which is also why Libreboot provides ROMs every 6 months.

You will need to dump your current BIOS/firmware and extract IFD, GBE, and ME ROMs from it that you will later feed to Coreboot. You will also need to decide what payload you want to run as coreboot in itself is "only" minimal code for initializing a mainboard, after initialization it jumps to a payload. You got choices like SeaBIOS if you want your laptop to be able to provide BIOS services and calls e.g. INT13, some OSes like FreeBSD rely and make calls to BIOS, you got also TianoCore which is open source implementation of UEFI, this will allow you run modern OS like Win10 or gnulinux and will expose NVRAM variables at /sys/firmware/efi/, another great choice is GRUB2 payload, grub will get compiled and will sit in your flash chip, this is great choice for linux as linux doesn't depend on dumb archaic unportable BIOS services nor UEFI, it is able to do all of that on its own, with grub you boot from raw LUKS disk and have flicker free startup as grub is able to nicely take over the framebuffer that coreboot setup.

>still posting an X61

What is the point of coreboot?

>Coreboot
You do realize the point of Libreboot, right?
libreboot.org/docs/#about-the-libreboot-project
>coreboot distribution (distro) with proprietary software removed
>most systems from coreboot still require certain proprietary software to work properly.

I have a bunch of them desu. Some are x60 internally though.

I just don't think people will buy them irl, because can't into numpad.
No ME

I'm looking at x131e now :/

On newer hardware, to stymie CIA niggers and hardware whitelists,

On older hardware it has no point.

I like mine. can't argue with £50 for The Real Business Experience™

I sold one to an IDIOT last year for $325.

C2D 2.2ghz
4gb of ram
500gb HDD
equiv of a 8400
14" version, that was in mint condition(business lease that was held as a spare)

Frankly, i'm happy i was able to get more than $150. I ended up putting the money into an 11e, which spanks it in every way and has a battery that lasts for more than 2 hours.

4:3 version? rare as fuck

no, it was 16x10. 1440x900 res.

Daily reminder that if you are not browsing Sup Forums using https you are just inviting snooping of your web traffic.

>pic very related, how much information you are exposing when you don't use https

The pics that just loaded as part of the thread you clicked on.....exposed....even if you dont click it it will still be in your web traffic coming into your home gateway

>>pic very related

>>inb4 scriptkiddies
>>inb4 inb4

Also, bring back Snacks hirsoshimoot, find him and hire him pl0x to beat back the influx of new fags

kthxbai

Yes I do realize this. Do you realize that Coreboot is just same thing as Libreboot, when you build Coreboot you end up with no proprietary blobs. Coreboot comes with me_cleaner and automatically can strip ME away during final stage of coreboot.rom creation. The ifd.bin and gbe.bin files that you extract from your current BIOS/firmware do not carry any proprietary blobs either. Libreboot is just a distributor of ROMs, it doesn't do anything special over Coreboot, it is not more libre in any way, it is the SAME thing.

neither has any point on a t60 though

cute
just like trip

That is me desu.

when are u crossdressing again
btw send lewds pls