Prague population: 1,267,449
Minsk population: 1,921,807
Budapest population: 1,757,618
Warsaw population: 1,744,351

Is Warsaw the ultimate manlet city?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_population_density
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The other cities werent realy destroyed during ww2 and rebuild by fucking commies.

no there is no excuse, actually commies were heavily into centralization

it's just Poles as a nation aren't into centralization, just like Germans thats why you dont have a global 10 million metropoly like London or Paris

Cities that large are just miserable to live in

actually germans are spread out because their country has been a feudal clusterfuck until the 1870s

We have the Upper Silesian Metro. The population is from 2.5 to 3.5 mln.

Actually, Budapest was almost completely destroyed. 80 percent of its buildings destroyed or damaged. Magyars rebuilt.

That's not the reason for it in Germany, but you act like it's a bad thing

Centralization is pure shit

yes because Paris, London, Tokyo or New York are ""miserable" to live in, thats why most of people want work and live there

made up meme, in reality these cities don't work like that at all

Does everyone want to live in cosmopolitan megacities? Do people who live in cosmopolitan megacities actually enjoy the city itself, or is it just cynical pragmatism born out of the need to make money to survive?

If Japanese culture wasn't so shit I could maybe live in Tokyo, the other ones no thanks

Germany 81,770,900
France 66,736,000
United Kingdom 65,110,000
Italy 60,665,551

Berlin metro 5,871,022
Paris metro 12,405,426
London metro 13,879,757
Rome metro 4,321,244

So Italy and Germany are the mantlets?

>Do people who live in cosmopolitan megacities actually enjoy the city itself
I do

>or is it just cynical pragmatism born out of the need to make money to survive?
I could live anywhere outside London in the UK if all I wanted was to "survive".

It's not cynical pragmatism it's the desire to be where stuff happens, have the best opportunities, etc. This city is a global focal point and if you're earning enough money to appreciate it, it's kind of amazing

You have capitalets, yes

>It's not cynical pragmatism it's the desire to be where stuff happens, have the best opportunities, etc.
this, village dwellers are just jelly we are earning 2x more and actually have places to spend these money

desu both these countries were fragmented before

So it's hedonistic consumerist excess, then.

>It's not cynical pragmatism it's the desire to be where stuff happens, have the best opportunities, etc.
so much this

>hedonistic consumerist excess

Also we have the worst capital in the world.
The gdp of Germany is 0.2% bigger if you exclude the capital.

Berlin is our Greece.

Every others countries most productive and rich cities are their capitals.

Paris makes something between 12 to 20% of Frances GDP for example.

>tfw Moscow population is more than the Czech

>we are earning 2x more
lol most who live in villages just live there and work in cities, so they earn "2x more" and still have much more by the end of the months

L.O.L.

if the city has a good public transport and you are located in a good spot it's much better to just live in it

>wanting to live in a multiculti cesspool, full of criminals, erm, refugees from 3rd world countries.

No thanks man, I prefer peace and true quality of life. The city is like 20 minutes of highway away if I need anything.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_population_density
population is one thing but that does bring that much of a problem
the density affects quality of life greatly
>46K
holy shit

I'm living in ~7K per square km density area and it's still absolutely comfy as fuck
I can imagine 10K easily
20K with problems
but I can't imagine 46K per sq km

it looks like pic related

Depends. I grew up in small village and couldn't wait to get out of there. I went to high school in Lisbon, I studied in Berlin, got my phd in Vienna, lived in London for 2 years and finally ended up in small village outside of Porto. I enjoyed being in cities at the time but now I just love where I am. I cannot stand the traffic, noise, pollution, people. I have small house with large garden, two huge great danes that i always wanted and my two kids play around without me being worried. It's perfect but I'm sure 24 years old me is laughing somewhere and feels sorry for me. People change, priorities change and your habitat reflects that. If you can afford it of course. I'm lucky enough that I can.

>So it's hedonistic consumerist excess, then.

It's not necessarily consumerism. I don't spend a large amount of my salary buying shiny new things and I rarely go to restaurants etc. But if you're going to label the opportunity to see all the best bands play live, various festivals, work that can actually be interesting and rewarding because global business all passes through London, how I love that it's impossible to be bored if you put in the smallest effort to explore the city... as "consumerist excess" then sure.

Let me ask you this. What is life about if not experiences? The best way to experience a wide range of things is to live in a big city. It's also the easiest way to earn a high income, much easier than if you live out in the sticks. That means it is easier to make sure your parents, family, loved ones are financially secure as WELL as developing yourself as a person by experiencing things.

These experiences also include travel because a city like London is the best location from which to travel

>The city is like 20 minutes of highway away if I need anything.
My attitude is the same but reversed. If I need proper peace and quiet, the English countryside is a short train-ride away. The French or Irish countryside is not much further...

I'm a human, not a project. I don't apply those kind of metrics to myself.

Last time I checked I was human too.

I'm not trying to say big city life is the only correct way to live. However, you seemed to imply that people only choose this life for financial reasons ignoring the other ways it has value.

Hope I've shown you are wrong about that

protip: I am not Polish and have lived in two of those and have never been so miserable in my life

>My attitude is the same but reversed. If I need proper peace and quiet, the English countryside is a short train-ride away. The French or Irish countryside is not much further...
this I'm always fucking laughing if people say "but muh I have a city 20 minutes away"

and I have shithole villages 20 minutes away, except I don't need to go there

Good post

This is what the good life is like. Not being cramped up in a small shed in an overcrowded polluted city.

Shut the hell up you self hating sperg, Warsaw with suburbs has over 3 kk people. It's just too expensive to live in the center of the city and people prefer to live in their own house instead of flats.

The Polish people posting on Sup Forums at this very moment could look like this.

That's nothing, wait until you realise what the British could look like

I may or may not be a cute polish and lonely girl.

>it's a Poles insult each other on Sup Forums episode

There's a decent chance we could be Polish and look like this

thats very much not true.

any source on that?

>korea
>zerg mentality

no wonder

but Russia is full zerg mentality

full trains and buses to and from Warsaw