Who here went from 144hz to 60hz?

who here went from 144hz to 60hz?

I went from TN 60hz to IPS 144hz.
Can't believe I ever thought 60hz was good.

i went from one monitor to two today and its weird compare to alt+shift

Same here.

I'm considering selling my 1080p 144hz TN and just getting a 1080p 60hz IPS

the TN looks so awful next to my 1440p IPS I can't bear to look at it

I went from 120hz to 60hz.

But hey, I went from a primitive LCD 120hz TN panel at 1680x1050 to an ultrawide 60hz IPS monitor.

if you're not using a plasma screen then please enjoy your horrible contrast ratio and colors

oops they don't make 'em any more and they don't have as many hurts so gaymen faggots don't know how trash their lcd technology is

enjoy your eye cancer lcd faggots

>Switch to 1440p/144Hz from 1080p/60
>can't go back to 60Hz at all
Luckily my 1080p monitor overclocks to 75Hz which makes it much more usable. Desktop usage at 60Hz is trash.

Plasma TV's were like 600Hz or something, they never made consumer plasma monitors because of the horrible burn in problems.

i used a 50" plasma TV as a monitor for about a week before the threat of burn in scared me too much.

tfw went from 144 to 240

its completely placebo, dont do it

I've never used 144hz before is it that noticeable? I don't really do gaymen so it seemed like a huge meme

60 vs 75 is literally placebo tier though. I am willing to bet that you can't distinguish between them in a double blind test.

They were sub driven at 600 Hz, but none actually took an input signal higher than 120 Hz

The difference between 60 and 75Hz is 3.3ms, that's roughly equivalent to the difference between 60Hz and 50Hz. Not a huge difference but in game a drop from 60 to 50fps is certainly noticeable.

Anyway it's more of a line of tolerability. If you game at 60fps 30fps might seem unplayable but 45fps will be the "line" of playability. If you get used to 120/144fps, that line may increase to 70-75fps. It doesn't help that I like playing retro games on CRT's and of course those have to be run at a minimum of 70Hz not to go blind.

1080p 144Hz to 4k 60Hz.

Everything looks sharp but I do miss that refresh rate.

If you don't play a lot of games it's probably not worth the cash, however it is still noticeable on the desktop. Moving your mouse will feel much smoother, dropping back down to 60 will make your mouse feel stuttery and slow. It also comes with a drastic reduction in LCD motion blur, you can actually read scrolling text easier.

works on my machine desu

Of course I won't be able to tell the difference if I'm blind, faggot.

Burn-in was cured by the last generation, what suffers is brightness over time, but not until you've racked up over ten thousand hours viewing time.

>VLC
>HS
>Umaru
It all makes sense now

How much did you lads spend to go from 60hz to 144hz?

Around $700 here.

>VLC using HS watching degenerate likes 60hz
wow no surprises here

I was lucky and got a 1440p/144Hz/IPS/Freesync monitor for 400 burgers. It was in the long period of no high end AMD GPU's, they were practically giving away Freesync monitors since no one had a GPU to drive them.

Yeah, I was pretty furious when I saw the massive price difference between Freesync and Gsync. Fucking nVEYdia and their jewish tricks.

>get 144hz monitor
>mostly just browse the web and watch cartoons animated almost entirely on 3s and 4s
>interpolation universally makes things look awful

Not him but what subbers are good?

i dunno i dont watch anime i just like to call things trash

vlc is alright too

her*

Daiz

>kuroneko
good taste lad

There aren't many, these days. HS is "fine", assuming there really are no actual groups doing a show.

I miss 2012.

Sub-field drive of 600Hz or 960Hz actually. Using a 60Hz input in the first case you'd have up to 10 refreshes for a single frame and in the second, 16.

They did it like this because the fluorescent bulbs making the sub-pixels in Plasmas can only be turned on or off, so when you wanted the full-color you'd just make it turn on and off as fast as possible, and when you wanted it to be black, you wouldn't turn them on. Following the logic, to get 50% of a channel you'd turn it on for 50% of the time needed to make 100%. It's like PWM.

>tfw no SED
Fucking LCD trash, it amazed me how much better the blacks were when I compared my IPS gaming monitor to my old CRT.

gtfo hadji

>watching anime, most likely at 24 fps
>144 hz / 24 fps = 6
>60 hz / 24 fps = 2.5
Have fun with the 3:2 pull down

>most likely at 24 fps
it's mostly 6-18 fps max, akira was 24fps but that was super high budget

no one makes 1080p ips displays with refresh rates greater than 60hz, so i guess i never will.

>Yeah, I was pretty AMD Furious X when I saw the massive price difference between Freesync and Gsync. Fucking nVEYdia and their jewish tricks.

The actual animation, sure, but the video is still running @ 24 fps

>being this uneducated

if you chose 4k over 144hz for gaming you are a truck sized faggot and need to be circumized with a chainsaw

Went from 60hz TN to a 144hz (also TN) with Freesync. Honestly the 144hz isn't that noticeable for me, I mean I could probably see it with a side-by-side comparison but it isn't that great. I actually think the Freesync is a lot more useful for me since it saves some extra FPS and no input lag without Vsync.

commie, horriblesubs, chihiro occasionally.

>Switch to 144
>Run half of my games at 72 FPS (for tearing and the sake of not melting my GPU)
>60 looks completely disgusting even compared to 72
I kind of regret not getting a 1440p but I'd easily take what I have over 4k 60hz

Seriously, how noticeable a difference does dynamic refresh rate make that you would spend another $100 on a monitor? Doesn't it just make more sense to put that money into a gpu that can reach your monitor refresh rate?

plebs

>windows software
no thanks

You have no excuse you lazy fuck.

It's not like interpolation looks good in the first place

As someone who has never used or seen anything above 60hz aside from old crt's maybe, does it actually make any real difference in everyday usage? Is it only a gaming thing? Is it like ssd's in that you won't want to go back once you've tried it? Or do people just meme them because they spent more money?

Speaking of SVP, how well does it work on a 144 hz monitor? Because when watching 24 fps content with it you'd get exactly 5 interpolated frames.

yes
even smooth scrolling of this page is blurry on a 60hz ips

I get that, but does it really matter? Its not like you are reading comments while scrolling as quickly as you can. Having a smoother mouse movement doesn't seem all that important to me.
It probably sounds like im trying to troll but I'm genuinely curious. Outside of gaming, does higher hz actually matter?

I really wish I could experience this in person without spending 3x more money compared to 60hz displays.

whats that? :O

It matters about as much as an SSD. You won't want to go back once you've tried it.

I want to go 144hz, but I can't seem to find a monitor that fits my needs. I currently have a Dell U2412HM and I like the fact that it's IPS and very understated. Are there any 144hz monitors that are IPS and don't have a gamer aesthetic? The Dell S2417DG looked like a good option but it's not IPS

Tits or GTFO
Yes that means timestamp included.

>woman adds absolutely nothing to the discussion to attention whore
Woah just like real life

15€ here
CRTs color quality is surprisingly good

I am seconding this emotion
Can anyone vouch for the quality of this display or alternatively recommend a better one?

It really doesn't matter outside gaming. Don't let Sup Forums troll you

>embracing old tech that literally gives you eye cancer all for the sake of minimal input lag, untouchable blacks, and high as fuck refresh rate
it's like you're me five years ago

>24 fps animation only shows new frames every 2-3 frames
>"it's 24 fps"
lol

I hope your video player is capable of skipping the right frames then :^)

i can its really noticable
120hz to 144hz or even 100 to 120hz is really hard to notice for me tho

>eye cancer
tip: dont use 9300K colors.
7500K or 5100K is the best
i dont have any eye tiredness or anything, maybe it depends from person to person, or you just got a shitty CRT

been stuck on 60 Hz crap since CRTs fell out of style.
On a 43" UHD though at least, so not getting a 120/144 Hz display until they come in this form factor.

> real end game for me though is ~40" 8k @ 240 Hz QDLED, but I'm not exactly holding my breath.

I'm looking into getting a 144Hz monitor but am undecided on whether to get one in 1080 or 1440. Either way both options seems pretty expensive at the moment.

Go see if you can actually run shit at 144 FPS, you're going to take about 1/3 of an FPS hit 1440p either way

60hz is shit and you should feel bad

>caring more about color than motion
What are you, a woman?

I can't fucking believe it, I owe ya one OP:
>see thread
>remember how a year ago I bought a 144hz monitor and it got stuck at 60hz HDMI only because of driver fuckery
>decide to give it a shot because why not
>begin searching for updated drivers
>find different ones
>they work
So this is how 144hz look like. Where has this been all my life. Someone give me an idea of what to do to celebrate this >free upgrade.

Me, went back to my now 9 years old iiyama, after having a 144Hz Asus meme with horrible backlight bleed. Sold it for close to it's buying price, so :^)

Added custom timings, my netbook now runs at 48Hz refresh rate.
My screen also does 72, so I'm quite fine, thanks.

I did. Will most likely buy a 144Hz 4K IPS in a year or two as my main screen.

My two u2414h has served me well for like four years now.

next step is to go from 16:9 to 16:10

Your screen seems to be bent

I OC'd my cheap ass old ass TN monitor to 77HZ and it is very noticeable in games

>he doesn't have an adjustable monitor stand
son

Stupid idiot here. Genuine question: What exactly is the purpose of having such a high refresh rate?

Assuming you're not playing games and only use the monitor for content creation and occasionally watching a video on it, does it give you any advantages over 60Hz ?

he probably has the newest Sony Xperia phone.

they have a hardare defect causing distorted "fish eye" lens distortions

boycott zony

600€

Makes your mouse smoother. Also if you do 120 or 144Hz you can watch 24fps content without the judder from pulled down frames.

>gives you eye cancer
people still believe that meme?
how about looking up some scientific data on it, your wifi router is giving off more radiation than late CRTs did

>minimal input lag, untouchable blacks, and high as fuck refresh rate
true

My gf Ruri is so cute

i went from 60hz to 60hz to 60hz to 60hz and that's all my screens for 20 years.
i'll consider upgrading when GPUs can run consistent 144+ fps at 4k to sync up with the meme refresh rate.

me

fluidity itself doesn't improve much from 100 -> 120/144 Hz, but it allows you to have backlight strobing (which is by far the biggest gain) without having the flicker be as perceptible.

>Doesn't have an S2716DG next to his U2717D
Lmaoing at your life

I think people who actually see a difference between 144hz and 60hz have vsync enabled at 60hz which is the only reason why they see a big difference.

It's not because of the high framerate, it's because vsync sucks.

No one ever said it didn't work, retard.

graphic designer/artist here
will never get a 144hz monitor because there are no good ones

They make sRGB IPS 144Hz monitors though. next year we'll have 4k/HDR/120Hz panels as well.

My 144Hz IPS monitor is 100% sRBG.

Backlight strobing is incompatible with *sync though, for whatever dumb reason. So unless you have sli 1080ti you have to choose between tearing or solid backlight

There are some hacks to get ULMB and gsync working at the same time, and at 120hz it's equivalent to running 120hz vsynced but with lower latency thanks to gsync. I haven't bothered to look into it too much though, the only thing I play with ULMB is CS and there's no way in hell I'm running that with gsync.

>t. never used 75hz
The difference is easily noticeable unless you have brain damage

60 to 75 is easily noticeable in a blind test.

I have problems distinguishing higher refresh rates apart from each other such as 120 vs 144.

Why would you play CSGO with ULMB?