Why do you find computer science interesting Sup Forums

why do you find computer science interesting Sup Forums

It's not interesting, it's soul sucking and only jobs available are code monkeys.

I like solving problems in interesting and efficient ways.

If you like math, computer science is a mathematical discipline that lends itself nicely to practical and lucrative application.

Programming is also basically wizardry. Robots are golems animated with arcane language to perform tasks. Cryptography uses secret words to protect your wealth and inscribe your messages with powerful seals that cannot be forged. 90% of people have no idea what you do, but companies need to pay you to manage the magical artifacts necessary for their staff and operations to work.

>programming involves math
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
*breaths in*
pffffHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
*breaths in*
*breaths in*
HHHHAAAAAHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAA LMFAO WTF YOU RETARD HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

>computer science is programming
youre an retard

This post would fail a standard turing test. Please cease posting on this website.

I don't. I'm here for radio threads, and miscellaneous shitposting. Rarely you can find good computer security threads, but "/cyb/ + /sec/" was a gigantic mistake that killed the only good general that this board has seen in years.

what was the good general?

>breathes in twice
Collapsed lung

Even though you are the only one who cares, and your boss is considering replacing you for somebody who may write less interesting and efficient code but works for less money and finishes the task faster.

/sec/. I remember specifically the first few threads while they were still discussing what acronym to use, a good 70% of the posts must have been educational informed comments by people who seemed to at least have a passion for what they were talking about. Then they merged it with /cyb/, and imported a hoard of dumb /fa/ shitposters just so that the thread would be able to stay alive without artificial bumping. One of the first effects was the amount of people asking for entry-level advice skyrocketed, "can somebody tell me what a port scan is?" tier comments became common. It's still alright compared to the other generals on here (/wt/ is literally a thread dumped on us because the mods can't be assed to go through the hassle of moving it to /fa/), but it doesn't stand out anymore.
The candle that burns twice as bright lasts half as long, maybe.

laughed

>programming involves math

>If you like math, computer science is a mathematical discipline
>computer science is a mathematical discipline
>computer science

Keep working on that reading comprehension, user

>what are real time systems, i have no idea

Name any programming job that requires advanced math/physics

AI, computer vision, robotics, game engine development.

Ai?
While (this is working) keep doing this

Or maybe you do a fancy percentage for the while argument

So much math.

>t. Rajesh
How is your Java "training" going?

Poo in the loos love programming because it's so brain dead simple

So tell me how ai uses math

For artificial neural network:
Cost function calculation, error calculation, gradient descent, then tuning the weight and bias on the neuron all involved math (concept) especially calculus.

I CANNOT AUTOMATE MY FAPPING WITH WILL POWER ALONE

How so?
What calculus?

Programming is math every day you do it. But I guess you think Math is whatever bullshit you learned in highschool or whatever

Oh, so you consider fizzbuzz math
[citation needed]

fizzbuzz is a mathematical function.

Fizzbuzz is braindead simple

Computers always obey. People always betray.

>Name any programming job that requires advanced math/physics
OP didn't ask why you find programming jobs interesting he asked why you find computer science interesting you fantastically retarded motherfucker.

But since you asked, coding physical simulations for construction and engineering projects. There are tons of programming jobs that involve math and physics, holy shit are you really retarded?

Thats the point of the program, thats like shitting on hello world for being simple.

will you extend your assertion to "there are no programs more complicated than a hello world, therefore programming is not math"
You're just b8