AUSTRALIAN BIRDS DAMAGING CABLING TO MAINTAIN THEIR BEAKS

lol life in Australia

The BBC reports that NBN technicians have discovered cockatoos have been damaging the ends of spare fiber cables left in place on communications towers for future network expansion by chomping on them, wearing through the steel braiding that protects the fiber. Active cables haven't been affected, so there has been no loss of service (as of yet) due to cockatoo attacks; the ends of cables carrying active traffic are protected by a plastic cages. But cables left with their ends exposed have become a favorite of the birds, who use them to help wear down their ever-growing beaks. And the cables cost AUS$10,000 (about US$7,700) to replace.

The absolute state of Australia

lolwtf, you never cease to surprise me and horrify me Australia.

>aussie isps getting btfo by birds

>birds: 1
>kike AUS ISPs: 0

Why doesn't Australia export those birds. They're like $500 a piece for a shitty one.

cockatoos are the worst birds.

OI M8 THE FUCKIN BIRDS ARE IN THE FIBER AGAIN
*lags*

fucking chuckled out loud, thanks

No, it's
>birds 2
>australia 0
now.

Cockatoo's are literally the trolls of the parrot family. They'll fuck with absolutely anything for shits and giggles.

Yeah fuck oath mate, cockies are sick cunts aye. Cunts will just chill if you feed them and don't be a dickhead.

Ten grand to fix? Yeah nah, take it from the lebs at centerlink aye, great thing having the highest standard of living haha

oh shit, yeah

lmao

Cockatoos vs australian army when ?

first the screaming now the chomping
haha NICE

>Tip over water bowl
>Screeches until someone replaces it
>tips it over again
Cockatoos are fucking arseholes

poor little guy
hope his feathers grow back

My cockatoo is calling my dog with my voice, then screeches like a steamer and throws little things at a frighened dog. They are absolutely maniacal shizophrenics by human standards.

He also can suddenly remember a phrase which he heard once 10 or 15 years ago, pretty creepy

What is that Japanese bird doing in Australia? You know, besides not cooking spaghetti.

fucking asians bring in all kinds of shit
watch aussie border security mate
chinks will come in with fuck off huge bags of food and pests like its completely fine
it pisses me the fuck off

he probably plucked himself out of anxiety, if I was to guess

NOOOOO IT CANT KEEP HAPPENING FIRST THE EMUS NOW THE COCKATOOS WHY CANT WE DEFEAT SIMPLE WILDLIFE

They will request NATO support

The natives never had this kind problem.

Yeah, they go insane being alone all day in the cage.

Maybe if they placed the wires all the way to each home there wouldnt be any loose ends to nibble while they fuck around with the copper.

ISPs have nothing to do with it.
NBN owns the infrastructure and sells use of it wholesale to the ISPs that sell plans to the consumer.
This is why people are getting WORSE internet after $60B was spent on NBN, because they're literally destroying all the ISP owned infrastructure and forcing everyone on NBN.