HELP! Ssh into Unix from windows w/ GUI

What is the best program I can use that will enable me to ssh into a Unix Based System and access my files through a GUI. I'm a Cyber Security student and I have a scripting assignment due tonight so I need to ssh into the system using putty, create my script using vi editor, then I need a way to submit the file to a Dropbox. But I can't access my files from my windows device because i can't find a program that will allow me to do so. Please help.

Other urls found in this thread:

firessh.net/
portablefreeware.com/index.php?q=putty
jasoncannon.me/20-windows-ssh-clients-you-can-use-to-connect-to-your-linux-server.html
winscp.net/eng/index.php
github.com/andreafabrizi/Dropbox-Uploader/blob/master/dropbox_uploader.sh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

any ftp program

So you know what ssh is and don't know how to use scp? Are you retarted by any chance?

firessh.net/

You're a student in an IT subject and you can't figure this crap out from googling? Oh he wants a GUI too. Naturally, big scary command line can't do the trick.

You're a goddamned disgrace.

>4channel doing the work for you
use scp

putty

the site has "chiark" in it

winscp
portablefreeware.com/index.php?q=putty

jasoncannon.me/20-windows-ssh-clients-you-can-use-to-connect-to-your-linux-server.html

OP here, First year student so relax, and it’s not my server so I don’t think you understand. I need to upload the file ON THE SERVER to the Dropbox. I can’t do this from my windows machine unless I can get a copy of the file by navigating the file system, performed easily with a GUI. Like it’s an intro to Unix and Linux class and you’re calling me a disgrace for learning? Sorry we all don’t sprout out of our mom’s vaginas as Unix Programmers

If you need more than SSH, use winscp.

>intro to UNIX
>HAVING ACCESS TO A SCHOOL SERVER
bullshit, either your school is a hack or you're a hack.

The school gives the students permissions to have their own home directories and files. Either you never went to a tech school or are retarded.

winscp copy the file , paste the file. then dropout

Then why dropbox? the school already has your information. They just need to pull it from their servers. Either way, someones not thinking in this situation. Weather it be your instructors or you.

> Like it’s an intro to Unix and Linux class and you’re calling me a disgrace for learning?

Yes, because you are asking for a gui.
Just ssh into the server using putty and copy your shit using winscp if you are retarded. You can aldo run tiny http setver in the folder of the file you need and download it via ftp.

Ask my instructor then pal. I don’t know why she makes us submit to a Dropbox maybe so she doesn’t have to navigate all of our shit?

>she
That actually explains a lot.

>GUI
Posting on Sup Forums from the command line?

You are a student, you need to ask your instructor.

/thread

windows 10 - bash on ubuntu on windows
windows 7 - git bash

Get lftp, is like using any shell without installing FTP on the server, just regular SSH
Connect by
lftp sftp://

What school?

Only if you have a pass but sure.

WINSCP and connect using SFTP winscp.net/eng/index.php

just use putty

Please, OP can't even duckduckgo Nixcraft tutorials. He will fail and be left with the debt.

So if you have ssh access, you have sftp access. Why not use filezilla on your windows system, sftp into the school system, download your files to the windows machine, then upload to Dropbox? That seems like the easiest way to me.

It's been common practice for literally decades to give students shell access to departmental Unix boxes. Despite what you read on Reddit it's actually pretty safe. Sure: I used to admin several such servers. The key it to use Common Sense.

My guy, this thread is a joke because everything should literally be set up for you. Accessing a school server remotely should also be explained to u

> Despite what you read on Reddit it's actually pretty safe.
That feel when Chinese bots try to bruteforce my ssh 24/7 and when you set up fail2ban your students get themselves banned.

For an inro to UNIX class? When you have to upload to dropbox? Makes no sense and that's my problem with the whole thing. I know that statement didn't make it clear, but that's what I meant.

github.com/andreafabrizi/Dropbox-Uploader/blob/master/dropbox_uploader.sh

Best program is linux. No need to thank me.

>I'm a Cyber Security student
You're just as retarded as my high school students, who can't type two fucking search terms in fucking google.
>I have a scripting assignment due tonight
I hope you fail and dropout.

There are no Unix based systems today. Unix was a proprietary system many years ago. In fact a free Unix based system would be illegal.

>In fact a free Unix based system would be illegal.
What was OpenSolaris? It was literally made by ATT and Sun.

putty

And this relates to OP how? I can only assume that his school server does not have this software installed and he has no user permissions to install this software. If it does, than this whole thread was a waste of everyones time.
wait a minute, Sup Forums is...

>and he has no user permissions to install this software

Have you tried compiling that shit as a normal user and running it locally?

Wow another useless pajeet jumping on the degree de-jour. Infosec sure needs a lot more pajeets who can't spend two minutes on google.

Windows is and has never been safe to do any administrative tasks. Don't SSH from Windows. Use a secure laptop dedicated for the purpose.

If op needs to be handheld for these trivial tasks which require a little thinking, what use will he be in infosec?

What makes this worse is the fact that I just bumped this waste of time.

>can't ssh
>can't into linux
why are you studying IT security again? you realize that most people in IT security have been able to do this stuff since they were 5