youtu.be/SOH0hdYR36Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Paying 1000 for 90% screen

"Hey Siri, I'm sorry."

what is the consensus on this phone?
is it any good?
>ignoring the memes

no

Having it in my hands, it is good but no phone is worth $1K+. I hate the way apps are closed now. Have to hold to bring up the red “x” before you can swipe them away.

I \_________/y

CAN YOU DO ME A SOLID AND FUCKING EXPLAIN WHY
I WANT TO BUY A NEW PHONE

It looks so fucking ugly

"Here are the results for 'Limes Orgy'"
not that hard to do my dude

Now comp are to s8.
Then kys.

Why are you closing apps anyway?
This was a deliberate design choice to try and clear up the misconception that closing them gives a performance boost, when it does literally the opposite.
Having them so easy to close implies to normies they should be regularly doing it.

>t-that doesn't c-count
L O L
O
L

I have one in front of me right now.
>Shitposting aside, whether you realise it or not, most of your time using the phone your eyes are focused on the centre of the screen, so the bezel isn't really in the way. Also most apps are designed so that it doesn't obstruct anything.
>The build quality is pretty fantastic, definitely the best feeling phone I've personally held in person.
Having a screen bigger than a plus model, in the form factor of the standard iphones is fantastic.
>Face ID is genuinely smoother than Touch ID. It works flawlessly for me in all lighting conditions and with sunglasses on. 99% of the time its as simple as raising the phone to wake, then just swiping up. Only downside is having to pick it up slightly or put in your code if you want to unlock it while it's on a table without picking it up.
>Camera is fantastic. Crystal clear and the dual stabilisers really help. The Portrait Lighting features actually seem useful too.
>Never had even a touch of lag, although this to be expected of any brand new flagship phone.

It's definitely a fantastic phone, whether it's actually worth the price is debatable though. It's probably just as good as a Note 8, if you're not a fan of iOS.

fucking shill
i want to know whats wrong with the phone
CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM

>JUST bezel
>faceID
>underpowered

2 bad choices for video: notched or letterboxed

Why? I prefer the concept of using a fingerprint to unlock apps instead of my face. As for unlocking the phone, I don't use either. 25 digit passcode on my 6S.

I'm sorry iPhone is so shit.

It's not even the best iPhone. SE/6s/6s Plus are the best, depending on what you want. Can't wait for the SE2 to drop.

It doesn't need to be centered, it could be expanded to the right quite a bit, with the left edge still on the notch.

A P P L E G I ZE

There's not a goddamn thing wrong with it.

> fastest mobile processor by a mile
> underpowered
wat

post an aesthetic phone then

iPhone 4S
Lamborghini Alpha One
Sony Xperia Z5

There's 3.

Trying to be as constructive as possible. Biggest flaws:
>No headphone port. Not a dealbreaker for me personally, but I understand that it can be for others. More and more Android flagships are following suit though so it's only a matter of time.
>Dropped the 128GB model to jew customers. This personally triggered me as I use about 100gb and had to buy 256gb.
>Price. Most obvious criticism. Whether this is to much is obviously debatable, but it's certainly expensive either way.

Other than those points it's genuinely a great phone. I was sceptical about Face ID at first, but it's genuinely better that Touch ID imo. It activates quick enough that it doesn't even feel like you have a lock on it at all.

Literally the only thing they have over the X is a headphone jack and a much lower price point.
If the headphone jack or price is truly a deal breaker you'd be better off with a current Android phone, rather than a 2yo iPhone.
Be honest, how much of this is contrarianism/sour grapes?

Again, not trying to Apple shill. I personally use and enjoy one, but the Samsung Note 8 looks fantastic and would be just as happy with that phone.

Force of habit. I like a clean slate when I unlock. I understand it uses more power to open and close than to just leave them open but I still do it.

Completely subjective
Personally think the iPhone 4s is one of the most aesthetic phones of all time, but that Lamborghini phone is gaudy trash. Looks like something Pajeets would lust for, and while the leather back is nice, that front looks outdated already.
Putting the actual quality of the phone aside, the Xperia Z5 is aesthetic.

Anyway, genuinely think the glass rears in space grey on the new iPhone 8/8+/X is the most aesthetic iPhone ever.
The notch on the front isn't perfect, but the actual borders and stainless steel sides are very aesthetic imo.

I'm sorry you have to live with colossal bezels and a receding hairline

it can't even distinguish twins.
security my ass.
youtube.com/watch?v=e8-yupM-6Oc

So much this. Fucking apple, stop shitting in my hand and telling me it's chocolate cake.

>I was sceptical about Face ID at first, but it's genuinely better that Touch ID imo
Yeah sure
>slower
>more finicky to get it work (camera needs to see you properly)
>needs an additional swipe anyway

But hey, if I spent $1000+ on a phone I'd try to convince myself it's good too.

I'm sorry Tim Cook clitorectomized your headphone hole

>>needs an additional swipe anyway
Where's the additional swipe? You raise the phone to wake the screen, then swipe to unlock.

Doesn't sound like you've actually used one.

(You)
Fuck apple
youtu.be/SOH0hdYR36Y

Lol what does this have to do with the iPhone X? No one in this thread is advocating Macs.

Compare that to LG V30 which sees your face and goes directly to the home screen.

I have an iPad and can't understadn why I need to scan my thumb, then it unlocks but stays on the lock screen and only fully unlocks when you press the home button. IT's retarded and it's the little shit like this which fucks me off about Apple.
The notification shade is a mess too. Android B's it TFO

I still love my s6

No thanks.

The swipe is in addition to the unlocking, therefore it's additional.

When you unlock with the fingerprint you don't need no swipe, at least on Android phones I used.
(And some other phones' face unlocks also work without a swipe as another poster said.)

This. Proof people only care about the apple brand. Phone looks so lame

Looks beautiful in person

>thinking specs matter
yes because android, especially touchwiz in the s6 days is the most optimized thing in the world right? I've used iphone 6's that are smoother then some new androids (and I have an s8+, but the hurr durr shitter specs argument is getting old, iOS is fantastically optimized for the few phones apple have and thus it runs smoother then android ever will being its so open source)

I thought this too but I tried it in the store and it’s pretty nice in person

>what is the consensus on this phone?
if you have to ask.

nice trips, but how does one switch apps easily on the new iphone without without a homebutton? I remember pressing the home button a lot on my 5s. Sounds like a dumb design choice overall.

At least I can unlock my slow iPhone 6 without looking at it...

this, as soon as you press the TouchID button on iPhone 5/SE/6/7/8, it unlocks and takes you right to the home screen

with faceID you have to look at it and then swipe, I don't know why they did it this way

it is actually easier on X than ever before, just swipe from the bottom to the left or right to get to other apps

It's a good investment and one can see prices only go up over next ten years.

Anniversary models are not made everyday.

Any phone that doesn't have a notch at the top

>with faceID you have to look at it and then swipe, I don't know why they did it this way

You can swipe as you're taking it out of your pocket, and as soon as it sees your face it'll go to the home screen.

In most cases, it's faster than TouchID in my experience, and much more reliable.
TouchID failed to recognise my thumb quite a bit with even the slightest bit of moisture on my hands, that's not an issue any more.

Unlocking Touch ID:
>Place finger on scanner
>Press home button

Unlocking with Face ID
>Swipe up while looking at phone
Or there's a setting you can change so you dont have to be looking at it.

Both unlocks require 1 gesture. Either a home button press or a swipe up.
There's no 'additional swipe'.

The logic here is that the lockscreen has utility.
Maybe you just want to quickly check the time or read your notifications without it kicking you to the home screen.
Maybe you want to turn on the flashlight or camera without having it send you to the homescreen.
Maybe you want to enter a specific app via a notification you've received.
Maybe you just want to quickly adjust the volume or change the track you're playing.

Having it unlock the second you look at the screen kills all of this.

> fastest mobile processor by a mile
yet you iFags still do nothing with it except play candy crush, sad

>>thinking specs matter
you iFags claim you have the best specs though.

iOS is only fantastically optimized for the version that comes with your phone

and then you can't even jailbreak the later versions anymore, the last normal jailbreak was on 9.x.

LITERALLY phone perfection

>In most cases, it's faster than TouchID
Reviews all say it's slower.
Also it doesn't work at arms length, you need to hold it closer (but not too close). Same for specific angles, like when it's laying on a desk.

I'd give a bum a gob job if I could have an S8 with Pixel software.

yeah and Touchjizz is always shit

>curved edges

no thanks

paying 1000 for 70% of screen video

ugly ass fucking phone
t. superior iphone 8+ master racer owner

>sharp edges

what's this, 2015?

>mfw i upgraded from a G4 to G6

Cant grip it properly, not as nice feeling as the leather rear case on the 4. Slimer and feels smaller too

For that money (x) you can get much better battery, screen, OS version support

It's got zero bezels

It's all screen

i did a double take because that looked like the iphone 4.

1000 dollar poop emoji machine

My chink phone fingerprint sensor works even with my hand wet. Wtf apple?

To be fair, hong kong has some of the nastiest apartments in the public areas (hallways, elevators, etc), but inside each unit houses a family that makes over 150k USD yearly.

>spending 1300€ on the iPhone X
>when you can get a 128GB iPhone 7 plus for 500

Who /lastgenbull/ here?