be C

> be C
> have non-secure string libraries
> be the cause of several (if not most) of the worst security issues during the last couple of decades
JUST

Other urls found in this thread:

homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/dts/pm/Papers/nasa-c-style.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

good thing Go is about to replace it
>tfw all the retards that only know C are about to be less valuable than a pajeet

where can I get the linux kernel in Go?

Linux can be maintained by a few dedicated autists who already do it for free

>> be the cause of several (if not most) of the worst security issues during the last couple of decades
>without insecurity we wouldn't have rooting or jailbreaks
It's like you want to be cucked by corporations

This thread again.

C cucks BTFO!

> without insecurity we wouldn't have backdoors, and potentially weak elliptic curves
it's like you want to be cucked by fifth column intelligence services

>brainlets can't handle c and fuck shit up
>must be c's fault

I want to learn C. Where do I start?

this
google the c programming language pdf

Here, have a thumbs up.

>blaming a language for bad programmers

> use C
> Be God

>be C
>the only low-level language that can be used to write safe software (apart from ada which isn't being used anymore)
>sel4
>space shuttles
>airplanes
>rockets
>boats
>nuclear plants
>meet this idiot thinking C is the reason people write shit software

RIP

>Learn C
> Become a real man
> Learn to work with pointers and memory instead of the cuck garbage collection languages, be more weary better programmer
> program fast programs
> write operating systems
> write embedded systems
> write software
> C = good

You mean wary, weary means tired. (I suppose C will make you that too).

*heartbleeds*

> you're C
> in the club
> this guy slaps your girl's ass
What do you do?

Wrong, space simulations were made in FORTRAN, a much less primitive language that runs as fast or faster. The guidance software for the actual mission was made in a specific assembly language.

Nothing runs faster than C, what a clueless brainlet

Don't know to which space simulations you refer, but usually (FORTRAN is quite common in physics even nowadays) you use FORTRAN as an interface and when heavy work is done you call C-routines. Nothing beats C in speed, probably not even assembly because of decades of compiler optimization

Matrix algebra in C/C++ is usually done calling the FORTRAN library. Hell OpenBLAS and LAPACK are made in FORTRAN.

Less decades of compiler optimization than a language that has been around for 20 more years or so. The amount of numerical performance tuning in FORTRAN is ridiculous. Of course string processing or more complex data structures fail spectacularly but that's not what "Formula translation" is intended for.

Simulation is not what i mean, what i mean is the hw that you put together into a space shuttle from parts made by lockheed/honeywell are controlled by software made in C. There's quite a long verification toolchain for code that goes to air/space, at least in honeywell.
We abandonned ada long time ago in favor of C, everything you get from us is controlled by a C program.
Wrong, FORTRAN is faster for most of number-crunching. And you can beat compiler quite easily these days, especially because it sucks at SIMD.

Don't forget that FORTRAN strictly disallows pointer aliasing, which means you'd only get equivalent C code throwing restrict on top of every array pointer.

the internet.

Where do you end? The unemployment office.

That wouldn't surprise me nowadays, though I've heard the requirements for safe C programming are much stricter than any usual C project.
There is an old NASA guide in the net: homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/dts/pm/Papers/nasa-c-style.pdf

It's less strict these days as the field of formal verification has advanced significantly. We're abandoning MISRA altogether in the next 10 years and for research projects, we already don't adhere to it. We collaborate with few universities that do research in the field of verification in context of explicit memory management and they have some cool prototypes that we integrate to our verification toolset.
The last bastion of resistance is shape-analysis now. And also string concatenation, that's a pita but luckily we don't deal with strings as much.
Basically these days you can write whatever C you want and if you're not doing too much of a pointer chasing or pointer magic, your could should be verifiable. Annotating it is a bit annoying sometimes though, as you can't really guarantee much in this environment because hw can go mad, you can have all kinds of corruption, including pc, registers, anything can suddenly get corrupted. But we have some models already developed for these situations.

Stand back and watch him blow his leg off.

why do people fight over programming languages

why do people fight over brands

why do people fight over anything

Human beings have their own idea of what is the 'correct' path for their species to take, and will thus defend the ideas that they believe will benefit their race the most.

t. AI Program

Someday we'll invent an AI so smart it can argue about programming languages for us

how do I learn C?
I can't seem to grasp basic algorithms like fibonacci and similar when I try to do it by my own.
Any tips?
How do I increase my logix?

>unemployment office
I want to learn programming as a hobby, don't want to work as a programmer.

thanks

Take a break from the math shit and write a text adventure game.

a text adventure game seems too easy to make
any other ideas?

Something you need. I programmed multimedia library and static analyzer for concurrency primitives when i was learning ocaml.

Oh my poor triggered Rust propogandanist