Still no windows xp mod that let's it run modern windows apps and programs

>still no windows xp mod that let's it run modern windows apps and programs

Probably better off with ReactOS desu

That has nothing to do with windows or modern windows programs

>implying

why Indian people are so based?

For all it is, Windows XP is still amazingly light. Not even a modern Openbox/i3/etc setup can come close in terms of lightweightedness

You van say same thing about win98.

So, can it run battlefild 1?

You can say the same about window 95.

>still
XP was not lightweight when it came out, it was treated the same way vista was in 2001

>using XP
>not using MSDOS

What then makes modern Linux and WinNT so resource consuming, even on a headless setup? There's this guy who installed Debian on his Thinkpad 240 and it's rather slow; your typical modern web browser already uses more RAM in one page than the maximum RAM of the device.

To be fair, with linux you have to know what you're doing, and what you're installing. Most linux rookies just pick some distro and go with it. You can make linux as minimal as you want to.

is that right?

(ps, the arch install is 64bit)

i got battlefront 2 beta to work on it

if someone made a version of win98 that could run modern programs, i would unironically use it. it had the best GUI imho

XP is obsolete, user. You need a more system like Windows 10.

you can use kernelex to run a number of newer programs on it, but that just means a number of xp programs
it doesn't solve other limitations like drivers, so you'll still be limited to older hardware

i mean like a full on update. something that could actually be practically used today

it would be easier to just reimplement the win98 gui as a DE in a modern toolkit

It runs them better than xp ever will

It's time to grow up, user.