Corsair ML fans, are they really quiet?

Corsair ML fans, are they really quiet?

Other urls found in this thread:

fractal-design.com/home/product/casefans/dynamic-series/dynamic-gp-14
amazon.com/SUNON-MEC0251V3-000U-A99-Bearing-Maglev-Motor/dp/B073RQ5NSY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

just buy whatever cheapest and run them at low speeds.

No. i just bought them because a friend said they where good.

fuck those fans.

i bought these instead.

fractal-design.com/home/product/casefans/dynamic-series/dynamic-gp-14

same specs but much quieter.

>non LED fans
Not cool.

I use these too

Whats the difference between 120mm and 140mm fans? could I just put a bunch of 140mm fans in my pc case?

They are bigger.
Yes if your case allows you to mount a bunch of them.

Only if you are using PWM.

Check if your motherboard 4 pin connector is really a PWM connector. Many of the low/mid end motherboards has the 4 pin connector controlled by voltage just like the 3 pin connectors.

The ML needs 12v in order for the maglev to work properly.

I can apparently mount 6 140mm fans, Is this overkill? My old PC had 4 I think

The difference is 20mm, learn 2 math degenerate.

I was thinking more about performance

I am planning on getting two 120mm maglev fans to bolt to a raijintek morpheus - need to cool 300w of gpu.

If they run at same speed the 140mm fan will move more air. So with the extra 20mm you either get better cooling or identical cooling at lower RPM and thus lower noise levels.

The only advatange 120mm has is better compability with different radiators and cases, and even that is getting less and less relevant due to everything being designed for the superior 140mm these days.

140mm are more silent for a given airflow because they achieve it at a lower RPM than 120mm fans

Having more fans will allow you to run them at a lower RPM (less noise) for the same cooling as fewer fans at higher RPM. At least in theory. I don't know if anyone ever tested that exact thing

Luke once tested the effects of adding more fans, and found that anything more than two intakes and one outtake does not improve cooling further, but he didn't try lowering RPM with more fans etc so that's pretty worthless

So all of this should work together, yes?

Isn't the R5 newer and better?
You don't need 6 fans. Two front 140mm intake, one rear exhaust should be enough.
You can maybe add one on top for exhaust if you absolutely want more spinning things in your case.

6 fans is a bit overkill. Keep in mind that the case comes with 2 140mm fans. I would only buy 2 more and that's more than enough. Do you have a cpu cooler?

Im poor and can't afford the R5, The only reason I want 6 is because my old PC started to get extremely hot in the summer time so I want to have that not happen again

Do you have a cpu cooler?

yes, im not sure what it is because I bought a prebuilt pc like 4 years ago

Probably a stock one.

I would advise you to drop some fans and go for a cpu cooler. Will do much more work than some additional fans.

Then don't buy a low airflow case. Besides the 6 fans are more expensive that the case itself.
Also do that instead.

Use them for my closed loop radiator on a stock 1800X. Not audible and the CPU sits around 55°C in trivial workloads. Using PWM of course.

Is it an easy unscrew and then pop the new cpu cooler on install? I dont want to mess anything up when it comes to the cpu

Pretty easy. Watch a video first.

I put one on an old 212 evo I had for my ryzen 5 1600 at 3.8ghz. Idles at around 30 degrees and the highest it goes is in the 50s under load, but at that speed it sounds like a fucking jet engine. I'm happy with the cooling though.

Would something like this be overkill? Is it suppose to be that big?

Some of them are really large, yes.

>Would something like this be overkill?
Depends on what you do. If you dont overclock or do any really heavy operations i would just go for a 212 Evo or anything similiar.

>55c
>trivial workloads
>closed loop

Does not compute. With the offset applied my 3.8ghz all core 1700 (lost the silicon lottery so it needs 1.38v~ under load) will report 75c under torture loads on a silver arrow.

(in b4 >hurr durr non-x chips have no offset - the last few crosshair hero bios' have enabled the offset for all chips by default).

3 in and 3 out seems pretty good. I'm assuming 3 in front, 2 on top and 1 in the rear which is normal now.

Get this shit on your head.

Every major brand accessories you see out there Corsair fans, OCZ shit n' turds, XFX Cancer N Aids' cooler and whatnot are all made somewhere else probably by the same chink factory in bum fuck nowhere.

So do yourself a favor and stop enabling these meme trends and look for proper parts. Like a proper cooling fan manufacturer and get your fans from there.

>trivial workloads
That must mean using wordpad to do his coding. On a cpu extension game like gtav my cpu gets up to 60-70 with a h115i, I have a delidded 7700k 4.8ghz. Closed loops are nice, but no way in hell hes getting 55c unless its really minor workload.

>lost the silicon lottery

that what stepping codes are for you dumbfuck

Its a release batch 1700. I can push it to 3.9ghz on satanic voltages but i've never had it pass the likes of IBT at 4ghz and at 4.1gz it won't even POST.

You dumbfuck. You didn't even realize what I just told you didn't you?

My 7700k will do 5ghz but 2nd core fails after a minute on prime95. Every program I use will run fine except gtav crashes after 10 minutes due to im assuming that 2nd core. Those are the only 2 programs I have found to give me issues.

no body cares man

And what the fuck are you gonna do with them you dumb fuck? Not everyone got a change to even look at the code when they bought the CPU.

>flipping cpus for personal binning

Yeah, nah. I'm not Buildzoid or The Stilt so fuck that noise.

amazon.com/SUNON-MEC0251V3-000U-A99-Bearing-Maglev-Motor/dp/B073RQ5NSY
MagLev and same specs

Just buy the cheapest with liquid or maglev bearings

Not anymore than any other aftermarket fans.

Noctua fans worth the price?

If you don't mind the pooh colour, yes.

swapping 3x120mms to these stopped all case vibrations.

>Coming to Sup Forums for fan questions

lol no, there's no knowledge to be found here. just look at this example of a retard believing manufacturer specs when there's no standard in how to go about measuring fan performance between manufacturers: check out overclock.net for some fan stuff, they're pretty good.

Sup Forums only has fanboy stuff, not fan stuff

>doyll is god