I've been going through a python3 course on udemy with the goal of doing webdev...

I've been going through a python3 course on udemy with the goal of doing webdev, I've seen anons on here say that python/django is on its way out, is that true or are they just meme'ing? If it's on its way out what's replacing it?

Other urls found in this thread:

shuup.com/en/blog/25-of-the-most-popular-python-and-django-websites/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-popular_websites
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

javascript

>script is literally part of the language name

For backend maybe. Much of webdev is front end (html, css, Javascript) and backend is mostly node.js and php. Ignore this python memery. If you want the highest chance of a job, go with my recommendations

>I've seen anons on here say that python/django is on its way out, is that true or are they just meme'ing

Shit changes all the time in web dev

>If it's on its way out what's replacing it?

Depends on where you are. Javascript (node.js) maybe. But always useful to know Python and Django because it forces you into a very organized way of doing backend.

And ? Python is a interpreted language too you abysmal retard .

Nobody uses python in backend unless they have a good reason for it , it's fucking slow. As a upcoming dev learn what's actually used like node or php for non-enterprise, you may hear a lot of shit about them but the fact that they are relevant and will still be is the
undeniable truth.

That is if you want a job , otherwise learn what the fuck you want.

Perl and fastcgi
Everything old is new again in the realm of technology.

Do you have any recommendations for learning php? A lot of the shit is outdated and since I don't know php I don't know where to look.

php is outdated... Can't go wrong

Don't

Anywhere , check wdg , traversy media, php documentation.
If you want to stay in web dev learn js , you can do fullstack and it's pretty popular , php is used in most of the web , just like this Mongolian kids cartoon site and you get used to OOP , getting into enterprise languages like java and c# much easier .

>Literally the most used backend
>outdated
O-ok buddy

I just learn it from Google searches. Usually start by learning the tutorial on W3C schools (some website with a lot of tutorials), and then search up the standard library and learn from the documentation after I have a good foundation

how much something is used is not a measure of how up to date it is
most banking software still runs on COBOL

Elixir and Phoenix.

TOP FUCKING KEK, ragie retard detected. Javascript and PHP are both within top 10 on the TIOBE. Why don't you fuck back off to hasklel (unranked below 50)

>Listening to Sup Forums
Why would you do that?

And for different reasons , cobol is still used because there are no cobol programmers anymore and no one wants to touch the code. As much as of a terrible language php is , learning it right now will earn you a fast job.

I've been looking at different learning materials and some people commenting on it said theres deprecated functions, code that doesn't work anymore etc

OMFG!!!! LIKE LOOK AT ALL THE PHP LEGACY CODE, SOOOOOO MUCH $$$$$$ HOW COULD YOU USE ANYTHING ELSE???????????

Yeah , deprecated compared to the latest php version you mong....

Honestly just don't , you're obviously too dumb for anything programming related , either go look for something else or start a cs degree.

Python/Django is not used by anyone, Rails is a DSL, Ruby is a better language for writing DSLs as Ruby has better metaprogramming features. Ruby is simply a superior language for large scale web apps as Ruby scope is better encapsulated and almost all Ruby methods are non-mutating.

To be honest most startups cant decide what they should use and will list every single web programming language and web framework on their job ads

look at this bozo...if you wanna stay unemployed stick to your haskell shit, otherwise all you have to do is pick an industry standard language.

every fucking programming thread
>stop learning new languages, just use the old languages that are already used so I dont have to be assed to upgrade my skillset or lose my job
eat shit you fucking luddite

>>compared to the latest php version
No fuckin shit. That's why I'm asking for recommendations on php learning materials.

What do you think about ASP and Go?

>Ruby
>in 2k17
Literally slower than python and dying as we speak

You don't get a job by learning hipster meme languages , go express your autism in any language you want .

>PHP coder using laughingwhores.jpg to defend his pathetic language
this is funny on so many levels

you better hope those two whores are trannies, because thats the only way they would touch the tiny shriveled up pud

anyone?

>huuur go is a hipster meme language, use PHP

What makes you think Im working in php ? Im not doing web dev anymore and besides , I only said the truth about Ruby,check benchmarks and ask anyone if theyd rather use ruby over python. No need to get so defensive , php is not the best language but it gets you a job, just look at the job offers in your area and see for yourself.

If you can get a job in go please go ahead,let php die already . Im only stating the facts , js and php are the way to go if you want to secure a job fast.

>Python/Django is not used by anyone

shuup.com/en/blog/25-of-the-most-popular-python-and-django-websites/

>youtube
>dropbox
>google
>quora
>bitly
>reddit
>pinterest
>instagram
>spotify

Today everybody is doing single page applications.
Classical MVC frameworks are slowly dying away.

So Vue, React or even Angular is what lands you a job.

Nice collection of what people used 10 years ago..

please compare that list with the following list:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-popular_websites

And also note that nearly everyone of the top 30 sites alexa-wise claim python as an official language, if not the primary one for some specific stack