Why US has such a meme infrastructure compared to Europe and Asia...

Why US has such a meme infrastructure compared to Europe and Asia? Even Russia and Pooland have high-speed rail and modern, big motorways.

Other urls found in this thread:

stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/75594552/Police-offer-no-apologies-for-Wellingtons-1m-plus-speed-cameras
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Isn't the US highway network the most developed in the world? And their train infrastructure is built for cargo, not passangers.

Will you pay for ours, Binlan?

>Commie tubes
>Good

>Even Russia and Pooland have high-speed rail and modern, big motorways.
Neither has a motorway this size.

is macedonia developed?
i have always thought that whole balkans (except slovenia and croatia) is just cuba-tier wasteland

My state is getting one and it's privately funded since our government is a crooked fuck.

Will be up and running next summer.

We don't use trains that much anymore because they became less convenient than cars or airplanes. The ones we kept are 60+ years old and are nice, but not in a modern sense.

We still have the busiest commericial rail in the world, but our passenger rail is mostly limited to the coasts.

One of reasons is population density.
If all of Japanese used car, traffic jam happens anywhere. But America doesn't have the problem except major cities.

Because anything that involves infrastructure of any type that triggers idiots who don't know shit how they function and assist economic growth so hard. Having to deal with those types of people who are NIMBY as fuck, selfish, and completely delusional can kill a person's heart.

>hop on metro in nizhny and ride to big train station.
>go to moscow (4 hours)
>hop on another train to berlin

so ez and butiful. just wish we were in EU so I could freely travel

>diesel
Atleast it goes 200km/h, basically the same speed that our Intercity trains do.

I just want visa freedom with Russia so I can always do trips to SPB and Moscow.
Allegro is quite cheap if you book before.

Just get a year visa, its like 160€.

Because there's no point in having high speed rail in America

is first class worth it? from pictures doesn't look better to justify cost

I'd love High-speed rail along the coasts and a NY-Chicago route.

Because everyone and their mother has a car?

Our railways are mainly used for cargo anyway.

Actually they will be hotbeds of many criminals and terrorists.

>he doesn't own a car
>he can't drive 90 miles an hour in any direction

On allegro? Probably not.
Our Intercity doesnt even have classes.

>modern, big motorways
Not quite on par t.b.h.

Those might be economically viable, but having it to the extent that OP wants us to have it is ludicrous. There's almost nothing in the flyover states that would warrant spending hundreds of billions for high speed rail infrastructure

We already have Amtrak routes that go those ways, but their "high-speed" is 120 km/h, which is pathetic. All they'd need to do is modernize the tracks and cars.

Why would you put 500 people into a train when you can also have 500 people driving with 500 cars in the same direction?

if
>Pooland
means Poland I have to say we almost don't have high speed tracks, mostly it's 160km/h
HOWEVER
we do have high speed trains

Most of what you call "highways" can hardly be classified as "highway".

This.

The US is simply too big and empty to justify nationwide high-speed rail. Maybe one for the west coast and eastern seaboard, but anything more than that would be superfluous. Local air travel and driving are more cost-effective anyway.

>you will never ride on a comfy soviet-era train with knife marks on the seats while grilling kielbasa and knocking back zywiec

HSR is a 70s meme fad. It is only marginally faster than regular passenger rail for five times the price.

A Chicago-Boston rail via Toronto and Montréal would be GOAT

Is year visa that cheap? I'd then do day trip to SPB every month then!

On Allegro it's not (except if you want own seat).

On very long Intercity- and Pendolino -train journeys they are if you have the money. You can get unlimited coffee/tea/snacks, quiet carriage and comfy seat and that's about it.
Sadly no food service what trains for example in Britain had. Free lunch would be nice on Oulu-Helsinki type of route.

On Intercity there is 1st class (Ekstra-class).

>I'd love to travel 700+ miles at 90 MPH at best instead of flying
No you wouldn't.

>so why did you start a programm fo national highways
>why plane transport is that important in ur cunt
you only need to feel that gap between individual car transport and plane transport. As simple as that.
But I don't think your guys from oil companies and air transport would be glad.
fuck off d*ass pora

There is no gap. Commercial rail is still used extensively, people aren't really begging for a commuter rail. I'd just be another convenient option, which isn't what usually brings in profits.

>current
That's not current, nigger, because I-22 is complete as of 2 months ago.

>at 90 MPH
What, 90MPH can't be even considered a high-speed railway.

BTW, the biggest advantage of traveling with the train is that you don't have to spend so much time with check-in and boarding, not to mention that the station are usually in the city center and allows you to save the time that one has to spend to reach the city from the airport.

All things considered, at least in Europe, it is better to take the train for routes like Rome-Milan or even Bruxelles-London

>This is a highway for unitedstatian standards
can't make this shit up

I get it, you have a cheap oil so your people don't care. But what if? Another oil crisis will happen, we all know this, bu we don't know when.
You also seem not to see advantages of the modern high speed rail.

>What, 90MPH can't be even considered a high-speed railway.
HSR doesn't travel at 250 mph because, guess what, trains have to make stops.

Then you have to have less stops. You don't need to serve every fucking town and village.
Keskusta-tier argument desu.

What's the speed limit on your highways? I do 80mph on that.

>mph
what is this?

Also, it's a 3 lane for the majority of its span, you nigger.

Then train becomes less and less viable economically, and when a train is hauling 100 people per trip, why not just fly?

128.748 milometers an hour

It only matters route 66

>meters
what is this?

Ah yes millimeters

small measuring devices

I was referring to the complete lack of guardrails between the two direction of travel and between the highway and the grassland. Here in Italy it wouldn't be classified as a highway.

130km/h so ya, 80mph. Theoretically, the enterprise managing the highway system could raise the limit to maximum 150km/h but at the moment there's no highway with a higher speed limit in Italy.

gone with the wind

>brebemi
isn't that the motorway which did a flop and is so quiet that people play football on it?

>Poland
>high-speed rail
I kek'd

>no emergency lane

this is LITERALLY and UNIRONICALLY new zealand's main highway

can't make this shit up

>guard rails
I do 90-95 in most major cities without any worry for cops. I've had one tell me to slow down over loudspeaker, but that was it.

see the
>hard shoulder ENDS
sign

probably because some farmer zoning law fights and shit

California is getting high speed rail...we voted it in. Initial construction cost was about ten billion, but lo and behold, now it's up to 70 billion just going from San Diego to San Francisco...I can just imagine how practical that would be to extend to every flyover state in the country.

>when a train is hauling 100 people per trip
What kind of fucking trains only take 100 people per trip?

Literally the absolute shittiest diesel locomotive which operates remote branchlines in the North of England have a higher seating capacity

they usually do. I think it's because it's some weird new junction layout

Wew how do you know it? It only flopped because people don't wanna pay and prefer to get stuck in a traffic jam in the parallel highway (BreBemi was built for the very purpose of decongestionating the other highway).

Enterprises say that the BreBeMi helps them a lot tho.

>80
>one lane
You gotta be kidding

70mph is the max on ours, but lots of people will do at least 80 on non-smart motorways

I did a trip and there were some stretches where I could comfortably do 90 in the middle lane and I still had vans overtaking me

The more you know: german highway don't have any limits.

lol I'd have one of those

>german highway don't have any limits
Yes, that's why Ahmed and his 32 brothers are currently using it.

I think every state should have their own rail line.

That's why Murricans use their cars instead of trains. Trains are for poor people in their cunt.

Thankfully we're still commie enough here to not outsource autobahns from state to private so they're all still free to use (except >3.5ton trucks), I'd hate having to pay a couple € for a few km and would in that case opt for slightly slower overland roads too

it was featured on news here as italy's new mega highway flop etc.
brebemi apparently was shit expensive while the A4 is shit cheap?

pic related, green roads are the only motorways here
we could have more but because decentralisation and fuck cities our money goes to fund some shitty unused roads

stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/75594552/Police-offer-no-apologies-for-Wellingtons-1m-plus-speed-cameras

Over 50% of them still have speed limits

Most sections do though, often 100 or 130

>Trains are for poor people in their cunt.
Actually trains are expensive. It costs $200 to go from NYC to DC.

We just need one fuckhuge, super fast HSR line between LA/SF and NYC, and then local rail/state HSR to handle the rest.

Sorry but they are mainly used by freight so Walmart can get their goods quickly.

It's expensive as fuck here too unless you reserve like half a year in advance

LA/NYC is 2000 miles brah. HSR connecting those two cities will cost $10,000 per trip considering the majority of the cost comes from the cost of the tracks.

>Actually trains are expensive.
Really?
Is he lying?

By contrast, a privately operated bus will get you to NY-DC for $30-50 round trip.

Are those guardrails supposed to stop trucks or prevent jumping over for cars?

Are the trains less expensive than airplanes in France? Here in Italy they're more expensive but they're usually preferred because you don't have to spend money and time to get from the airport to the city center.

>implying this isn't good enough

this

A trip from like Birmingham to New Orleans is only $50. That's the same line from Jew York. Rode on it once. The Yankees were very nasty and rude, always blocking the aisles.

while i agree that would be sick those lines are complete memes.

i think the US is so behind on highspeed rail that the west coast will get maglev shuttles between LA and San Diego and the current caltrain ROW before it gets a highspeed rail from the Pacific NW to SoCal

Same here
It's cheaper to get a return journey on the plane from Glasgow to London than it is to get the train if I set it up for a Saturday going down and Sunday going back up, and I doubt you can ever get the journey for cheaper

>Are the trains less expensive than airplanes in France?
Yes, they are. TGV are expensive tho. but normal trains are ok.

Both, I guess? I just know that the Italian law say that a road has to be like that to be classified as a highway.

It isn't as good as you want to believe.

Same situation desu
Although it probably depends on where you go and how long before you book your seat.

You can take a train from NYC to Miami for $100 which takes a day or a plane ticket for $200 which takes only two hours.

Really makes you think.

To add, same goes for bus.
Single ride (10km) from my village to the next city centre is €3.80
Even using a brand new car, driving alone and calculating in write-off, insurance and all that shit, it's still cheaper to do that

NYC-Miami is super duper long.

Imagine taking a train from Boston to Montréal, from Chicago to Toronto, or even from San Francisco to San Diego.

>You can take a train from NYC to Miami for $100
Maybe if you book a year ahead on a special.

The issue with air travel (at least here) are the many nuisance. Have to be there 2 hours ahead, check-in takes forever, check-out takes forever, and on top of that the airport is usually somewhere in the middle of nowhere, forcing you to spend another 1-2 hours to get to the city centre through all the traffic

San Diego is a tiny city with nothing important going on. There is not nearly enough traffic to justify a HSR between SF and SD. There isn't enough traffic to justify HSR between SF and LA either.

It takes 30 minutes to downtown or midtown NYC from either JFK or Newark.
LA airport is right next to Santa Monica.
Berlin airports are all super close to the city.

If it weren't for our shitty government and the ragheads rudely exploding themselves, airports here wouldn't be as big of a hassle.

Plus trains are comfy, you usually have enough time to read a book, sleep or whatever suits you. And I like admiring the landscape by train.

Maybe it's short, but you also have to pay for those extra bits.