/ckg/ - Capacitive Keyboard General

/ckg/ First Edition

What are capacitive keyboards?
Well they are for people who want a proper typing experience without the flaws of conductive switches like keychatttter.
/ckg/ is not /mkg/
We are open to any suggestions

Other urls found in this thread:

atreus.technomancy.us/
youtu.be/lYsAVQLl8mQ
massdrop.com/buy/tai-hao-sunshine-pbt-keycaps?
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I need another cute 40%

>another
why?

>muh weeb rubre domeh folded 1000 times

Whats next? /rdg/ rubber domes general?

This is the superior keyboard general without a doubt

wait, what the fuck is this shit thread

they're cute

Isnt it the same tho

I thought this was the thread?

>for gun fag with same keyboard
here's your (you)

wrong general buddy
If you wanna post that, then start your own thread

I doubt he owns a capacitive keyboard to shit up this general.

Caught it and deleted, I don't post in trash generals.

>capacitive keyboards
I had to look this up so I did but I still don't get it.

"The movable part ends with a flat foam element about the size of an aspirin tablet, finished with aluminum foil. Opposite the switch is a PCB with the capacitor pads"

So.. it's some kind of tin foil keyboard? This really sounds like something out of the Sovjet Union in the 1960s. Not sure why anyone would use this instead of a real keyboard with mechanical switches.

kek

>Buckling springs aren't a real mechanical switch
Okay then mister if buckling springs don't count, then what does?

"Mechanical" is an inherently flawed term.

thank you

thanks for giving drunk me some (You)s, I've since drunk about 2-3 liters of water and am sober/almost sober

Are these loud or quiet?

both

I apologise for your digits
But thank you, which ones are quiet?

simple. the ones that go click are loud and the ones that don't are quiet

If you mean electro-capacitive switches the two most popular Topre and Plum do not click, they are fairly silent as far as keyboards go

tfw I just ordered my cherry mx keyboard now the hype is all surrounding capacitive keyboards.

see you next thread with this exact image

can the user with the ergonomic 2 part mx keyboard post? I want to see it again, also could you give some details on it? I wish to build my own.

Oh, you're here, could you give some more info on the bottom keyboard my CM MasterKeys S just arrived but I'm interested in building a mechnanical keyboard and making my own case out of some wood with a nice grain

>mx
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Just get an ergodox for like 80 bucks

is this a thread for phone posters?

what is an example of a capacitative switch?

>this new on /ckg/
go back to plebit loser

atreus.technomancy.us/

The Novatouch with GMK keycaps is the best keyboard of all time

capacitives incoming

Are all those HHKB's the same?

Whats a good excuse for buying blank keycaps?

Nope,
1) HHKB pro 1 from 2001 with 55g domes
2) HHKB pro 1 rev a2 from 2004 with 45g lubed
3) HHKB pro 2 from 2012 with 45g silenced & lubed

I feel like I'm learning
youtu.be/lYsAVQLl8mQ

the model F aka the best tactile keyboard ever made.

I would buy one if they weren't so god damn hard to find for a reasonable price

I hate how everything IBM has jumped up in price by 50 bucks. I wonder why they got so popular all of a sudden?

>I wonder why they got so popular all of a sudden?
/mkg/

More people are discovering mechanical keyboards which I guess is a good thing but it's also pretty bad since it raises the prices of vintage keyboards.

Reddit millennials

it's because you people keep blabbing about how great they are

yeah right. Its probably hipsters from reddit.
I wonder tho will this mean that the chinks will finally clone buckling springs. I don't care if the quality isn't on par with IBM, but as long as its better then unicomp its fine by me.

Is a model m 1390636 for $40 plus shipping a good deal? Can't find any info on that model number

They did it twenty years ago. Feels like shit.

Sure, if you're ok with the missing keycaps and the missing sticker

Also the possibility of a missing cable

you are cute :3

i used to be a mechanicuck until i got myself a topre realforce
instantly threw all my garbage cherries and alps in the trash

>alps
I just bought a blue alps board, are they really shit?

how many times are you gonna post this shit

>JUSTsystems

not sure about blue alps, but my ancient focus fk 5001 with white alps felt way better than any cherry switch, but still not as good as muh topre

The blue alps board was $50 anyway I could just sell it for a profit, I doubt I will like it better than topre though.

previous

This is /ckg/

Buckling springs are either what we'd call memchanical in the case of the Model M (membrane with stuff on top to make it click/feel better) or capacitive in the case of the Model F. Neither one has metal contacts conducting electricity like a mechanical keyboard.

How do you dampen the "topping out" of Topre switches?

The fact that you're an adult who doesn't need to look down at his keyboard when he types like a mongoloid

>I need to prove myself
>no retard mongoloid
>no really, not retarded

I got my Model F XT (in great condition) a year ago for about 100 bucks, and that was with a soarer's converter. Maybe they've gotten worse, but they're the cheapest, most common Model F.

The keyboard layout seems fucking insane at first but it's actually really comfy when you get used to it. They keys are programmable with the soarer's converter but I've gotten used to the layout so I never bothered to do so.

Is 135 euros good price for pic related? I have had a steelseries 6gv2 for years and I love the black cherrys. This had red so I suppose I will like those too. Im mostly conserned about the price since I payd 75euros years ago for the full keyboard with numpad. Also I need nordic layout with ä's and ö's so that hikes the price up a little.

>should i just buy a ducky...

I might just buy an XT if I can't find an AT. They apparently feel better anyway.

Don't fall for the memes user, you did good if you bought a switch with a feeling you like

>tfw got a hhkb
>tfw love the feel of topre for gaming and typing
>tfw it's absolutely horrible for osu

considering making a custom numpad-style keyboard with gateron reds or something just for osu.

What about magnetic keyboard general? Optical keyboard general? Touch keyboard general?

Do you even know what capacitive means? Or is it to hard to google?

Reread that post again. It's not that hard.

Ah i see youre an idiot thanks for clearing it up

is it even worth boltmodding the unicomp model m or should i just buy an ibm one and boltmod that since it takes about 5 hours to do

Buy an IBM and bolt mod it, that'll hold value much better.

Capacitive switch keyboard DIY kits when?

Buying prebuilt is no fun.

Got this for 160 with blues, pretty gud. Definitely worth 135, I'd say. The DIP switch for turning caps into a second Fn key is really useful.

Omg, my first 386 had one of these!
Since the switch wasn't sealed, a piece of dirt became lodged between the aluminium foil and the PCB contacts, and the key went dead until I disassembled the whole thing...

Topre was gonna make standalone switches that you can wire up, but after a teaser three years ago nothing has happened since.

Has anyone here ever made a keyboard case out of wood or something? I'd like to see some.

Yes, but I don't have any pictures of capacitive keyboards with wooden cases.

massdrop.com/buy/tai-hao-sunshine-pbt-keycaps?

will this fit on a tada68?
should i?

macfaggot tripfaggot

I accidentally poured a mix of long drink and ES into my non-capacitive keyboard and had to spend hours cleaning it and soldering/desoldering MX switches to open them up and get kek's sacramental fluid out of them.

Are capacitive switches more resistant to this?

Depends on what switch, if it's topre then it is much easier to clean.

>Tai hao

No

I don't know, does it look like it has a shift the same size as a Tada68's? You do have eyes, right?

stop playing osu because it's garbage, problem solved

if you spill plain water on a keyboard, is just letting it airdry upside down overnight good enough?

Do i get the JD916 or the ann pro? I want the layout of the JD, but the simplicity of the Ann pro..
any other aliexpress models i can look at?

that's what this is

topres are just slightly improved rubber domes
only people that buy them are retards that try shitty switches like cherry reds or blues and look for some other alternative. Little do they know cherry clears, greys or gatreon purples are the true partisan switches.

Bad bait

Probably, yes.I actually rinsed the mech board mentioned a few posts above in water yesterday and it's fine now after I let it dry in a warm place and cleaned a few switches. Used a toothbrush and some alcohol-based sanitizer to clean a few spots before putting it back together.

Just make sure all the water can get out. Long-term exposure to water stuck between some parts may fuck it up about as bad as pouring acid on it.

>Little do they know cherry clears, greys or gatreon purples are the true partisan switches.
is this what retarded poorfag switchlets actually believe?

>tfw Novatouch
I also have an unopened one. Got it really cheap right when they got discontinued.

The novatouch is the best topre keyboard and it's also the most aesthetic

I mean the ANSI one though, ISO always looks bad

But it's ISO so it's only good for getting the sliders out and putting them in an ANSI topre board like the HHKB.