youtu.be/7J5DerSuxUA?t=12s

>he cant drive for days and still be in his country

fartface

You know what I meant, asshole.

you

21.5 hours?

>it can take up to 2 weeks to drive across this country
jesus christ

I took the Greyhound bus from Los Angeles to Nrw York.

Shit took 5 days. My ass was so fucking numb. I said never again.

>He can't walk half an hour to get to the next town

How you can be this dumb and waste 5 days for a ride in a fucking bus?

What's it like being able to spring across your country?

Because it was cheaper than flying and im a not rich

But the only thing in that next town is a pub and unemployment "centre"

>walking to the next city

Yeah, I done have 2 days to burn

I would get crazy man, it sounds horrible. Travelling by a train would be okish for a that long trip, but I guess you don't have a choice in the fredomland?

Big countries with enormously inconvenient travel times between major places is suffering. US, Brazil, Canada, Australia and Western Russia are logistical hell

Even worse is when it's just to another place in the country after all that commuting

This is why geographically, Europe is the best place on earth because the relative density/linguistic/cultural difference per 100km is the highest of developed countries. Being able to travel from one unique country to another in the same distance as Chicago to Genericsville, Indiana is an amazing privilege. Having 95% of western culture in a 6-hour flight range too, if I were born in Europe and were rich I would spend my days with a gf just traveling to eat and drink in various new cities

Specifically I'd say the Alpine region right in the center offers the best location in the world

I could have, had I had the money.

Of course there were rest stops and restaurant breaks, but it was still hellish.

I was asking if there is a passenger train between these 2 cities.
Did you sleep in the bus at night? How many drivers you had? 3?

>having all your eggs in one basket
>when the caliphate decides to zerg rush europa, all of theor targets will be conveniently located within bombing distance of each other
>good

This 2bh

A train between los angeles and new york? Id imagine there are several, but that wouldve been way more expensive than the bus.

As for drivers, I dont know. They changed very often though, like every 6 hours. And yes, you sleep on the bis, but the busses are designed for it. That said, it was very uncomfortable after 3 days

Yeah you can travel from NYC to LA by train, but it's terribly inefficient and might actually take longer than just traveling there by bus. Commuter rail between a city and its suburbs is the only tolerable form of mass transportation in America, if you're trying to travel cross-country then Amtrak (national rail service) sucks shit.

kek

You can take days, but the question is complicated. Do you have to drive as straight as possible? What if it's faster and shorter to go through neighbouring countries, and you have to do a big curve on the map to stay in your own country? I'm pretty sure if you drove from Bergen to Kirkenes it would take at least two days and nights. So realistically, it'd take a few days if you sleep. At least if you drive in Norway, following the coast. If you travel through Finland and Sweden, it'd be shorter, but then you wouldn't drive in the same country all the way. The question is very complicated.

I checked google maps, and if you drive in Sweden and Finland, it only takes 28 hours from Bergen to Kirkenes. If I move the starting location a bit more south, and force the entire trip to stay in Norway, I can get it up to 41 hours. So I guess Norway doesn't qualify.

Im glad youve taken my litmus test for deserved mockery so seriously.

That's ableist, Sweden. You should know better t b h

>>when the caliphate decides to zerg rush europa, all of theor targets will be conveniently located within bombing distance of each other

That's like saying "When the Carteliphate decides to zerg rush the border all their targets will be in distance of each other". I mean if you're a terrorist, taking a final road trip, distance doesn't really matter. Didn't Tim McVeigh drive all the way from like Montana or some shit?

Doesn't really matter though even with terrorist attacks on a spike, West Europe has a drastically lower homicide rate so you're more likely to get >shot by gangs, ptsd veteran or police in the US on a trip than hurt in developed Europe

The US needs ultra-high-speed trains from Japan to compensate for its size problem, at least put one in the Bos-Wash corridor like from Richmond to Portland, ME