What speakers does Sup Forums use? I found these a few days ago for $15, they seem pretty decent

What speakers does Sup Forums use? I found these a few days ago for $15, they seem pretty decent.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B004R929AY
amazon.com/gp/product/B016PATXSI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Whatever the low end logitch 5:1 kit is right now. I dont really listen to music through them but they arent too bad for the $40 i spent.

z506?

ugh gross die

For my computer:
Denon AVR 1613
Sony SS-B1000

Living Room:
Kenwood AR 404
Micca MB42x

I spent around $120 for both set ups and they sound decent enough. I used to use shitty $20 speakers from amazon and the jump in quality was amazing.

Thanks for your input

Yamaha HS7. Got em for free

There's a guy on craigslist selling Klipsch SF 2 Floorstanding-Speakers for 125 dollars. The original price was 185 2 weeks ago but he has been lowering it. Are these worth getting? Currently have shitty 20 dollar logitech ones.

Any used reference series Klipsch? Don't hear much good about the synergy series

Not that I can see. 99% of posts are either meme speakers or shitty surround sound systems people are trying to sell before black friday.

Sheeeit do you have an amp? Did you check on ebay or audiogon? Might find something okay there

Hey! I have those, they aren't bad at all for the price, main plus is they don't look disgusting like the vast majority of computer speakers.

Only thing is, is it worth replacing my current x530's for these?

post your state and your budget
get some real recommendations

Been using pic related for years now.

Best $700 kangaroo dollars spent.

amazon.com/dp/B004R929AY

B&W805S
Luxman 590a amp

But I think I'm gonna upgrade my speakers soon

Wharfedale Diamond V

A bunch of dali speakers.

No. Never buy logishit speakers of any kind. Only cheap powered speakers worth shit are 2.0 edifiers, because they actually attempt to make balanced sounding speakers instead of ones targeted at retarded normalfags and children. Like you. There are some other but are not as cheap.
Logitech and bose are utter fucking garbage. Basically all 2.1/5.1/7.1 computer sets are complete crap. If speaker has less than 2 drivers (high and mid-low) then it's trash, not speaker. Good subwoofer alone costs few times what you pay for those sets, go figure what kind of quality you are getting, brainlet.
We have this thread every 2 fucking days. Lurk more you retarded red dit newfag and learn to use archive.

B&W DM601 S2's, got a good deal locally from some guy who had a sentimental attachment to them.

good speakers. need a good amp to go with them now though.

>Genius SW-HF 2.1 1205
been using them since 2012-13.

How's the Epicon 2? That's on my short list. The bass on my B&W's are pure shit

I'm using open headphones because they provide better price/performance ratio and they have a more consistent frequency response.

U mad son?

> picked up for $200 on model end clearance
Also running a sub.

Logitech z506. Yes Logitech is generally cancer but these are ok and convenient

waiting on some lsr305's
goncerned I may have noise issues putting them directly into my mobo but we'll see

videoton preludium b31 (same speakers as heybrook hb1). got them for free.

Shitty pic related, Monitor Audio Bronze BX2, BK Electronics Gemini II sub, NAD C 326BEE amp. Nothing extremely high end buy I'm very happy, I don't feel like I need anything more at all.

get an audio interface

I have an old presonus audiobox 22vsl - not sure if it'll sound cleaner than mobo but I'll try it.
Focusrite 2i4 any good?

Thinking about getting Polk S15s or S20s sometime soon.

Btw, aren't uninsulated banana plugs dangerous? Why are they still so common

it's the one i have, and it's good

Some Yamaha speakers from the mid 70s. Got them for $30.

>aren't uninsulated banana plugs dangerous?
no, they're there to reduce the danger of shorting out your shit with the open ends
if you mean dangerous for the user, unless you're licking the plugs you won't even feel anything, even with a 120W amp into 8 ohm load

Behringer MS40 in my desktop and some jamos my father gave me for the living room setup

loving them desu

Running some original Royals in cherry that I've repaired. They sat in a dumpster at burnt down apartment complex for about a week before I found them.

Adam S4A's. Sound amazing and great for mixing stuff down on and watching movies but a bit overkill for day-to-day use. They're also incredibly unforgiving of shit input source so anything lossy sounds completely garbage. I need to get something smaller for casual usage.

It sounds awfull, admit it. You just never heard proper speakers.

>speakers with BUILT IN anal douche kit
really gotta shove the gayness in our faces huh

1/10 for making me reply but as required of my job I'm very familiar with many types of 'proper' speakers of all sizes. I guess all the recording and post-production studios that use mid-field Adam monitors are deaf too eh, oh well.

Just got me sum new Rokkit 5 G3s

What is a proper speaker in your opinion?
What's the best you've heard?

Any recs for amps

Whats your price range?

Return them and buy something that doesn't sound like shit.

Most of y'all have poverty tier audio

2.1 is wrong for playing stereo sound, deal with it.

You suck.

I just picked a set of JVC "theater" towers off a sidewalk yesterday. I'm building a new cabinet and designing an amp for them as a side project.

The money I'm not spending on drivers is going into home lab equipment.

Not really. You jelly? They sound fucking amazing, especially if set up right in the corners for maximum bass (amazingly I don't have to EQ them at all, no boomy sound at all, probably because the resonant frequency in my listening position is in the low 30s)

>especially if set up right in the corners for maximum bass
Holy shit kek. I almost feel bad for those Yamahas and anyone who gifted them to you.

Whatever you say lad
The only thing that matters is that I enjoy them
Right in the corners as in right there, not correctly

Set up right they need a subwoofer desperately

why do you have those speakers all bunched together and in a small room? sort of defeats the purpose of using large speakers

>horn
ew

For the picture, obviously.

>Horns are bad
Probably only heard some with walmart tier receivers. Vintage Marantz and Klipsch were born for each other

And what exactly do you think your corner placement changes? They need subwoofer because they don't have bass extension, meaning don't create some sub-bass frequencies. Your placement is not going to change it, all you are getting is overblown bass. You are not going to magically create frequencies that driver is not capable of putting out.
You could get actually better effect by using EQ with correct placement. All you are doing is distorting sound.
Here is my recommendation: sell yahmahas and get 5.1 bose set. You will enjoy them more.

naw, man -- as you probably know, there are people who like horns and those who dislike them, and it has nothing to do with the quality of the speaker

also, not directed at you, but at these threads in general -- why do people have no awareness of the really good bookshelf speakers that aren't that expensive -- why do they cling to these antiseptic "flat frequency response" monitor styles that are really meant for mixing music but using them to listen to music for recreation is like dressing ur gf in a man's lab coat and slacks when you go out on a date

why can't most of you huge faggots just read up a little bit on audio before you come on here and sperg out about powered monitors

that post is funny because proacs are designed to be literally flat as fuck passive nearfield monitors

both my KRKs started flipping the fuck out when i turn them on, i hope i didnt damage the speakers. (10 years 10k+ hours easily) Using refurb Z200 i picked up for $25 canabux until i get new amps for the KRKs

they have obvious shortcomings but i dont like spending a lot on crap i wont keep long

if i were to buy new right now i'd probably just get rokit 5s again though, they sound good for the size

i am happy with my Z523

Around $100

These, had them for 5-6 years now.

>what are room acoustics: the post
Do you even know how room acoustics work? Do you into physics? Bitch I know more than you can imagine, fuck off with your wannabe-ass bullshit. Those speakers are able to create 25+Hz, just not very loud. Placing them the way I did happened to almost perfectly amplify lacking low frequencies, at least to my ear. Almost because of a little bit of too much somewhere around 80Hz, but not nearly enough for me to care.

You're fucking stupid if you even think you know what you're talking about with that post. You don't even deserve a counter argument since you apparently don't think that room acoustics exist.

>really good bookshelf speakers
Not enough low end

Nupro A-200

REL subwoofer fixes that

>bose

Is audio like wine and art? i.e. if you give someone a great wine followed by a cheap wine they really can't tell the difference in price in a lot of cases? Or when you show someone a shitty smock and tell them it's a famous painting they'll use terms like 'bold' and 'inventive' etc.

Is audio like this? Do annoying audio faggots just pretend to tell the difference to annoy the rest of us and feel superior?

I can clearly tell the difference between different speakers but most of them sound fine. As long as there is a bit of lower range, midrange, highs it sounds fine. Anything that isn't a tinny crap chinese speaker sounds fine to me. There are definitely differences but I just don't give a fuck. $100 speakers sound about as good as $500 speakers which sound about as good as $800 speakers to me. The difference is honestly small.

tl;dr does anyone actually care or just autists online?

That

Also, bitch nigga, I'm going to sleep, something more to add tho beforehand
>EQ with correct placement
Already tried that, for weeks with testing every day.
Fuck no, no EQ can compete with help from a room. Do you into frequencies? Wavelengths? Fuck you, if you're gonna act like you know shit at least make sure you know at least something
Depends on how much and what you can hear in music. Honestly, you really have to be into it to understand.

What type of cables ar meant to connect to speakers that have golden connection things?

>Honestly, you really have to be into it to understand
lmao

What are the foam covers on speakers supposed to be for? Won't that make it sound worse?

But it's true. Unless listening to music is your work, as a hobby it can be quite enjoyable. Lots of detail in music. I just think that you have to care about hearing the detail to be truly into music.

what detail am I missing with the $500 speakers as opposed to the $800 speakers? the slightest bit of the tail end of the reverberations of the cymbals or something?

Bought the $100 Bose Companion 2. I've never really had that great of speakers before (as in hand me downs and cheap $10 Walmart ones). It sounds a bit better, but idk if it's worth $100.

Depends on the song, but kinda yes you're going in the right direction. Also, imaging and soundstage are a thing.

I grew out of music.

soyboy detected

Thinking of returning them and going back to these. Cyberacoustic I think is the brand. Looks like the 1 I have. They've gotta be like 15 years old (my grandparents old 1s), but they work just fine. I was being stupid and trying to find something better, but I don't think I'm audiophile. Most older technology works just fine I think.

Honestly there are a fuckton of variables in speaker sound

I think a good measure is also how loud can a speaker go before noticeably losing detail.

Just bought these for $100 CAD

Hope fully I didn't get meme'd

you fucked up, you were supposed to get the $150 ones

amazon.com/gp/product/B016PATXSI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Makes the sound slightly worse, but protects the cones

Those were almost $200 here in Canada though

I was going to get the mb42x or JBL LSR305 meme speakers but I'm too pleb/lazy to start fiddling with DAC shit

I've only ever used some shitty 4.1 creative speakers from 2002 that make crackling/buzzing noises so pretty much anything is an improvement

>tech-illiteracy: the post
You basically understand nothing about how studio monitors work. Yes, you are getting "more" bass out of corner room placement. No, this is not a good thing. Have you ever wondered why those things come with option to trim low frequencies to -2/-4 but not to boost?

Those black Creative ones with the yellow rings, idk what the name is. Need some decent bluetooth speakers soon, my phone sounds too tinny for a proper alarm clock sound.

had no speaker knowledge when I bought these 1 year ago. howd I do?
will prob get JBL LSR305 next but thats prob gonna be in a couple years

>logitech
It will break a few weeks after you buy it.

tell that to my z-5500's that work perfectly fine to this day

not everything they make is shit

Sometimes memes work though.
I bought a set of those Pioneer 22LR's and I'm chucked at how good they sound. They're not the last word in absolute precision, but they're definitely punching way above their price point.

good speaker design isn't a meme
it's just simple engineering without all the audiohpile bullshit and buzzwords

Yeah I know Logitech is cheap chink shit, but they were cheap and looked good that is why I bought them.

Nice sub

>wires touching carpet
>no 6" diameter insulation
0/10 would not listen

S330D
I think they're decent, highly doubt they would be "Sup Forums-approved" by the autismo hipster audiophiles but I listen to D&B mostly and other bass muzix

You're one dumb motherfucker, you know that?
>not a good thing
Bitch, I'm not using them for work, it's a good thing. Stop trying to act smarter than your brain allows you. You're already out of "arguments".

Genuinely sounds like your knowledge of audio equipment is limited at viewing pictures online