FUCK

WHY ARE THERE NO CHEAP SIM CARD USB ADAPTERS ON THE MARKET?!?!?

I JUST WANNA USE THE INTERNET WITHOUT A FUCKING HOTSPOT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Because cellular technology companies are assholes.

Use a fucking phone.

USB SIM card readers/writers are cheap as shit. You want a mobile internet dongle, which does a hell of a lot more than just "adapt" a sim card

>wanting cellular radios in your laptop
wwydt?

Cause there are no universal simcards for computers? You retarded or something?

Because it would also need a baseband and antenna, and then it's own processor to be a middleman between the baseband and USB/your computer. You've essentially just built a mini computer that plugs into USB.

Yeah he wants basic "modem" but cellular companies won't allow it ever.

>Yeah he wants basic "modem" but cellular companies won't allow it ever.
why

>Because it would also need a baseband and antenna, and then it's own processor to be a middleman between the baseband and USB/your computer. You've essentially just built a mini computer that plugs into USB.
but a laptop already has a battery and screen and the battery/screen/phonecase/glass make up 85% of a cell phone's weight.

the antenna/guts of a phone in a laptop would add literally 3/4 of an ounce to the weight and be incredibly useful

why not do that?

I have an old dell xps m1210 and I can put a sim card in it. Buy good shit

Because you need a radio chip that uses several patented technologies.

You have a phone, just hotspot it.

It so happens my 45€ Thinkpad X200s came with a SIM card slot.

Buy better stuff.

>expensive
You can buy a 3G usb modem for ~$30.

Phones have a seperate CPU just for the modem as well. Your not allowed to have control over the modem.

They do here.
The dongle is free if you sign up for 6 months and you can buy it for about ~$30 if you don't want that.

if you have a phone, there's this option called tethering

Use a hotspot.

Depending on your laptop, you may be able to buy a 3G mPCI-E card and place it in your laptop if it already has a SIM slot (mine does :^))

TP-Link 4G Mi-Fi Hotspot met display M7350

Buy it and have fun

Btw this is absolutely haram and fucking retarded

I want 4 dongles. Where can I get 4 cheap dongles for tmobile?

on the google

USB tethering still works right?

Use mobile tethering faggot

So buy a thinkpad with a SIM card slot or Tether your phone?

Uh... Yeah. They do. You just have to get it through them and pay as much as a goddamn cell phone for the device then pay out the asshole for a special data-only plan. I actually have one laying around somewhere that's a combo LTE modem, WiFi dongle and MicroSD card reader from when I worked for one of the big US carriers. They call them "aircards".

Why? T-Mobile is the only US carrier that does free tethering. Just put your phone in hotspot mode or plug it into your computer

Are you kidding I bought one for like $2 on AliE.

What burns me up is that there are no cheap Chinese versions of short SD adapters for Macbook Pros. Normal length and even 'short' for Macbook Air's cost a dollar or two, but it's impossible to find the really short one for less than $25!!!

AHHHH, nevermind, I read that as SD card.

Huawei Modem E3531 3G USB DONGLE
> 28€

This. They're as low as $15 on Amazon right now. What are you even whining about, OP?

OP doesn't even know what a modem is. What i don't get is why he doesn't use an USB cable with his phone, probably too stupid to set up that or uses a cancer branded phone

Shit man, I have a 4G one that connects by USB or Ethernet, they are out there, you just have to look.

Wwan module for muh dell was like 6€

Not OP but U have looked and looked and never found one that did 4G to Ethernet.

I think the network companies are really worried about people "abusing" 4G to replace wired networks.

Right now I'm using two devices.:
One that does 4G to WiFi.
And Another that does WiFi to Ethernet.
Technically they could also be connected over USB but that causes errors on many site probably due to some firmware bug in the first device.

>Why? T-Mobile is the only US carrier that does free tethering. Just put your phone in hotspot mode or plug it into your computer
Because I want 4 dongles.

CALM THE FUCK DOWN

That seems unrealistically cheap.
I think the Thinkpad versions are still over $100.

Maybe your Dell already had all the 4G hardware onboard and it's just the card reader?

You are correct, looking at my setup, it goes from USB to a box that converts USB to Ethernet, which goes into my network.