Hello snowy owl my old friend

hello snowy owl my old friend

nice advertisement there.

XeonD competitor?

who the fuck cares?
I would love 8 cores on one die, but this is BGA shit

bump

Yes, including Xeon-D: I/O galore edition.
8x10Gb Ethernet is nothing to sneeze at.

Unfortunately no integrated MAC like Xeon-D's if this uses the Zeppelin platform.

So in the end Xeon-D will still be slightly faster for a router(as in just routing, not doing ipsec or other stuff) or virtual switch solution.

You are getting overkill connectivity for that.
It'll totally find it's uses.

It's just nitpicking, the difference is in under milliseconds routing between a dedicated MAC and integrated MAC, not really relevant for home labs.
Snowy owl seems to have far more firepower, that's quite important.

It's called (at least the sample we've seen) EPYC Embedded 3251.
It's basically Xeon-D in SCM design, and twice the Xeon-D for MCM design.
Very flexible.

>BGA
4000 pins on a ITX or mATX board with 4+ Intel i350 controllers, IPMI and ECC by supermicro please be true, that's my next router.

>4+ i350
Motherboard would cost like $1000 alone, just buy a PCIe card from the chinks for $50

>Motherboard would cost like $1000 alone
What if he has unlimited shekels?

>actually interesting hardware
>dead thread

Then he should be looking at a 40GbE rollout, not 1GbE toys.

>4 to 16 cores
>16 to 32 threads
?

Maybe there's some hard limit like the cache size limiting the number of threads?

Why in the fuck would you need anything over 1Gb on your router outside of your WAN port assuming you even have close to a 1Gbit link from your ISP?

>4 cores
>16 threads
>4 threads per core

Just add more registers to get that going.
But won't be very useful on computers that don't use a fuckload of threads (such as routers and servers).

It's a typo, 8 to 16 cores.

IBM and Intel both have processors with 4 threads per core. The upcoming Talos II workstation comes with quad core processors, with support for 16 threads.

>IBM and Intel both have processors with 4 threads per core.
That doesn't mean that Zen core can support 4 threads.
Besides, P54/Silvermont cores in Larrabee derivatives are using something akin to SoEMT.

I don't want switches.

Advertising embedded products?