Why are you still using firefox ?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2978357
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brendan_Eich#Mozilla
addictivetips.com/ubuntu-linux-tips/install-brave-browser-on-linux/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because they unfucked Firefox in 57?

because extensions

Maybe they've changed since, but I sent this feedback to them before they started making people make forum accounts to leave feedback, but my personal reasons for still using firefox instead of brave (brave still has):

-no bookmarks on menu bar
-no reducing menu bar (or any toolbar) bookmark icons to only their icon, with no text
-no icons for menu bar (or any toolbar) bookmarks period
-no centered image with dark negative space (i don't mean transparency) for images opened directly in-browser
-no in-browser fullpage screenshot command (firefox has shift + f2, screenshot --fullpage, as well as I think recently adding an option for this in the GUI)

I have very conventional needs, I think. I formerly used Stylish for black youtube, but youtube added a black theme under clicking your avatar on any youtube page, so I have no addon requirements. I articulated this in a different way when I sent the devs my feedback, but they didn't give a fuck. I remember one of their answers being that they won't do what I request, since they want their browser to be more in-line with modern browsers, in whatever wording they used. It really made me not have faith in the devs, I just uninstalled and never looked back.

But I'm using Brave.

>(((electron)))

using brave on android and Vivaldi on desktop

Because Firefox Quantum
That's why

Because FF57 makes Brave look like shit, that's why.

But Brave is just another chromium clone with slightly different icons.

Why are you still not using adv shit?

No one uses firefox

Brave is a placebo.

I use Firefox

i use firefox (waterfox specifically) because of noscript
>fucking peasants using ugay origin

I hate gelbooru so God damn much for blanking image results for Brave users

You should be hating Brave for being a shit browser with a dumb gimmick

t. Rakesh Kumar, Jewgle Chrome representative

Beat mobile browser
Worst desktop browser

I'm using chromium, and slowed down animations makes me feel confrotable and I notice any undesired IO on harddisk.

I dislike that brave doesn't hide that I'm using gnu+linux.

I don't care that matketshare bs I want a botnet user agent for my browser.

Is that $15k documentation cleanup real?

>heh lyke muh sjw right goys?
>heh heh
>just be "Brave" with us

vivaldi is too slow and proprietary. I'm too dumb for qutebrowser

But I'm using Chromium

TreeStyleTabs
userChrome.css
user.js scripts

Brave seems like a good recommendation to normal people but I'm more inclined to switch to Vivalid myself, but even that's not ready yet. Otter browser still stands a chance as well.

Yes
forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2978357

Was wondering this also, it can't be.
What. The. Actual. Fuck.

qt/10, would bang

Remember when they harassed Brendan Eich and forced him to resign for literally no reason at all?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brendan_Eich#Mozilla
>Andrew Sullivan said of Eich's departure that "there is not a scintilla of evidence that he has ever discriminated against a single gay person at Mozilla"

I don't give a single fuck about gossip, you undeniable faggot. Wasting time removing technical terminology for no other reason than pleasing clueless idiots is something else though.

>forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2978357
>reading comprehension

Mozilla gave buildbot, and open source CI tool used heavily at mozilla, a donation. Builtbot, Some of this award is used to remove "slave" from the documentation. Obviously it doesn't cost $15k to clean up documentation.

The point of the award is to give money to an open source project. the action of removing "slave" from the documentation is pretty irrelevant. This is in a list of other awards mozilla has given to open source communities. Every single one of these donations has a "purpose" that is done in lieu of donation.

Literally kill yourselves you disingenuous (or just stupid?) alarmists.

>the action of removing "slave" from the documentation is pretty irrelevant
No it is not. It is a completely useless waste of time that serves no purpose other than to please clueless morons. The terms master and slave existing in cs is what's irrelevant.

>gossip
Are you a fucking buffoon, all of this information is public and it's a disgrace. This man founded the company and created the technologies we still use and they ousted him over nothing in 9 business days.

>In early 1998, Eich co-founded the Mozilla project with Mitchell Baker
>On March 24, 2014, Eich was promoted to CEO of Mozilla Corporation
>On April 3, 2014, Eich stepped down as CEO and resigned from working at Mozilla

Eich not only has every right to lead the company, he is a very good fit for the position as he actually gives a shit about advancing these technologies. Without him Mozilla was destined to decline and so it has.

I use waterfox

>gawk gawk gawk
Again, I don't care about the lives of these e-celebs, or any other kind of celeb for that matter, I am not a homosexual like you. I care about dumb technical decisions.

>I care about dumb technical decisions.
I hope you're just pretending to be this retarded.
Outside of contributor and founder, eich was CTO for a long time before moving up to CEO. Do you know what the CTO is in charge of? Technical decisions. Do you know when he stepped down? 2014. Do you know when Mozilla started bleeding money on bad technical decisions? Late 2014.

You're a moron if you can't understand that management of a technical project is important in regards to warding off bad decisions.

Eich is anything but a celebrity, he's an engineer and a team leader and that is obviously valuable to a project, how you can't draw the connection to your own ideals, amazes me.

You still confuse the person in charge of the decision with the actual decision itself. Stop your homo erotic fantasies already.

You're repressed sexual humor isn't funny and you're still an idiot if you think the person in charge of making company decisions doesn't control the decisions of the company.

>you think the person in charge of making company decisions doesn't control the decisions of the company
I don't think this, homo.

You don't think, period.

>slurp slurp

Not an argument. You also might want to talk to someone about your obsession with sex.

I'm using Brave, but haven't dumped Firefox totally just yet. There are several extensions I use and hope to get them or something similar once (if) Brave begins supporting them.

Because i just installed it on ubuntu and it works like absolute shit. Don't release software if it's not ready yet ffs.

because its better than the alternatives

I'm using Chromium with all codecs enabled.

I'm not. I'm using Waterfox. Firefox is my backup, when my tinfoil-tier settings are breaking shit.

what kind of problems are you having? i'm running brave on 16.04 and it's been good so far.

I installed it on 17.10, and I dunno it's not using my system theme, there is no option to do so. In addition to that it's being very crashy. I don't know how else to describe it.

It's running slow and refuses to use my system theme, and I cannot customize the menu bar or tab bar or etc at all.

>system theme
now that you mention it, it does look like shit. it's got weak/nonexistent customization. weird blocky menu.

Is there brave for Ubuntu desktop?

It took you longer to actually post your question than it would have for you to search for an answer.

addictivetips.com/ubuntu-linux-tips/install-brave-browser-on-linux/

It was implicit but I was also asking if it's worthy

Currently on chromium

That's cause you wasted time writing a sentence bitch.

I main Waterfox, but have Brave as my backup. I left Chromium for it as my backup.

It needs improvement, but I still think it's better than Chromium. Specifically, they need to stop using ABP for their ad-blocker, and switch to UBO.

Ignore that nigger

I appreciate you answering me

No problem.

>Waterfox
From my experience all Firefox forks are buggy, how well does waterfox do?

Chromium I've noticed blocks some tracking that ublock doesn't by default.

I use brave for mobile, does it use anything else other than abp?

>From my experience all Firefox forks are buggy, how well does waterfox do?
I haven't noticed bugginess on Waterfox, but I didn't notice it on FF, either.

>Chromium I've noticed blocks some tracking that ublock doesn't by default.
Can't speak to that. I haven't used it regularly ever, and its been over a year since I last used it.

>I use brave for mobile, does it use anything else other than abp?
Don't think so. That said, Brave for mobile is probably the best mobile browser. Doesn't mean it couldn't be improved, but it's still the best we've got. I main it for my phone, too.

LMAO ANDROIFAGS are so poor they can t get on the internet , meanwhile IOS trails that piece of shit safari

Just go to YouTube with chromium and press f12
List of things blocked is a mile long
YouTube even tries to record you pausing a video or turning captions on/off (more than just to request it from the server)

Google is the thing chromium excels at blocking even though you can sign into Google through it... It's strange

>Just go to YouTube with chromium and press f12
Don't have Chromium anymore. No interest in reinstalling it. If you're curious about brave, try it out. If you're happy with Chromium, stay with it.

Personally, I like Waterfox more than any other browser I've ever used, and I love that they are going the route that FF should have gone (sticking with extensions AND add-ons until all the add-ons have the infrastructure in place to switch).

Waterfox sounds nice
In my experience Firefox can't do things like Google Hangouts/voice calls for work (may be Google's fault idk) nor can it handle browsing big webpages generated with JavaScript when you scroll down far enough

Why is your sentence ended with a question mark when it's not structured as a question?

Speaking of Google, does anyone know of a working proxy for Google?
Disconnect doesn't support Google anymore, and startpage nor duckduckgo are half as good even against a Google that doesn't have my personal info

I've been lucky enough to where I don't need to use Google Hangouts. We use Wire, which works out well. As far as JavaScript goes, I use NoScript and just manually allow certain types of JS, so I don't really see the issue day-to-day. On the rare occasion NoScript breaks shit, I switch over to Brave.

Firefox OS is from early 2013.

i use it on ios. works well. there are 2 problems i have with it, though. sometimes, it'll forget the website i was looking at if I switch apps, forcing me to type the website or look up my history for it. and it'll just shut off on me, seemingly at random.

>I use it on iOS
What is "it?" Firefox? Brave?

my bad. brave on the iphone

I've got it on my 6s. I have it set to private mode (or whatever its called) at all times. No issues.

I don't, I use the default internet browser on my Samsung

I've only used NoScript with TOR, besides TOR, I've decided that with ublock the amount of risk is too low to dedicate time towards testing whether each JS for each site is vital and privacy oriented

Because you're retarded?

Why is your sentence ended with a question mark when it's not structured as a question?

Because you're too fucking idiotic to realize he's mocking you of asking a dumb question?

Because that's just another chrome clone. Who the fuck uses that shit, retard?

Looking for this too

I'm sure they are going to replace male/female soon

brave has a memory leak for me, it was up at 2.5gb last time i checked just browsing 4ch

Noscript

So what does Brave have that Vivaldi doesn't

This

Brave has that integrated

But why?

still waiting for a netrunners gui

This is badass and I hope they keep adding these kinds of features. But so long as they use electron, they can go fuck themselves.

Open-source.

too all people itt vivaldi has both html5 and flash integrated, so i would recommend using it over water fox. Water fox is fire fox copy and paste, with a little bit of extra shit.

OK. I'm uninstalling it. This is beyond retarded.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHILLLLLLLLL!!!!

I like vivaldi though.

cause brave is laggy piece of garbage

is still sluggish?

>flash integrated
>good
>any browser ever
>not html5-compliant
Try much, much harder paid shill.

Wasn't Sup Forums making a browser?

Thos.

nice thinkpad