Yfw you get caught by Big Brother and have to attend an AT&T™ Copyright Re-education Camp™

>yfw you get caught by Big Brother and have to attend an AT&T™ Copyright Re-education Camp™

Other urls found in this thread:

virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/speeds.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

stop being a fucking noob already

use VPN retard

>Watching pedestrian shit like this

Deserved it

>land of the free
>home of the brave
top fucking kek

> 2017
> living in the USA
I'm poor but I'm free.

some people can somehow get away with using public trackers for years... unfortunately it looks you'll have to figure out how to use private ones like a big boy. i have faith in you, OP.

>can't even take the tutorial unless you give them your money

feels sad man

recent popular stuff is watched

>impractical jokers

Deserved it

>Oh vey, it looks like you went and made a copyright infringement
>These two offenses will not stand
>We have caught you on three separate occasions now
>This is your fourth alert now, goy
>Since this is your fifth alert, you are going to jail

>your ISP can literally see what files you have on your computer
lul, americans

wowoweee g-d bless America™ OOOHHH SAAAYYYY CAAANNN YOUUUUUU SEEEEEEEEEEE

How to give gold this is epic xD

Can they legally do anything if op just calls up and says he's not interested in doing the tutorial and will just cut the connection

Switch to a local provider, they never give a shit.

You do still have local ISPs in America right?

Truly the land of the free.

>You do still have local ISPs in America right?
No, a European country the size of a small US state has more ISPs than the entirety of the US.

>get qBittorrent / Deluge / client of your choice
>get VPN
>bind torrent client network interface to the VPN
>never get caught
stupid OP

The land of the electronic Jew.

>corporatocracy
>small *anything*
?

>OOOHHH SAAAYYYY CAAANNN YOUUUUUU SEEEEEEEEEEE
umm, excuse me sweetie, don't you know that anything that might even slightly be patriotic is now offensive in america?

>being this dumb

>OOOHHH SAAAYYYY CAAANNN YOUUUUUU SUUUUUEEEEE
FTFY

So, like, will they do anything? If you just complete the tutorial and carry on, will anything at all happen?

They even say they "recommend" you stop pirating. Can you acknowledge their recommendation and just not act on it with no consequences (other than occasional letters and/or tutorials)?

>using public trackers in current year + 2

>land of the freedumbs

Cucks xDDDD

They send these letters out to bait you, you can just ignore them, they can't do anything. Also >use vpn nigger

>If you just complete the tutorial and carry on, will anything at all happen?
No.

>Can you acknowledge their recommendation and just not act on it with no consequences (other than occasional letters and/or tutorials)?
They will disconnect you eventually, depending on how often you get flagged.

kek

But what if you host a public WiFi network?

You can't be personally held legally responsible for the copyright infringement but they will stop your internet connection being used for it.

Will they really? Damn. How do they benefit from it though? It's not like they have an interested in stopping privacy, and it's not like the copyright holder can identify repeat offenders (unless you have a static IP), so why would they cut off a paying customer?

The copyright holders pay them to do shit like forward threatening letters to you and disconnect you.

OOOYYY VEEEYYYY CAAAAAN GOOOYY SEEEEEE

>somehow
Turn off upload, that's the technically illegal part (sharing the file to others)

>people seriously falling for obvious phishing scams
Is Sup Forums really this retarded?

seedbox plus FTP

no VPN necessary. Don't even DL the files, just copy the link addresses in your seedbox ui.

Can't be beaten

>phishing scam
It doesn't ask for anything other than for you to go to a real page on the real AT&T website. It's also pretty clearly a real letter considering the details on it are all real.

kek

This shit doesn't happen if you are only torrenting anime :^)

>land of the free
lmao

It also doesn't happen if you're in a country that doesn't suck corporate cock.

Weirdly, the UK falls into that. The highest sanction they're allowed to use by law is a strongly worded letter. Five more offences and they can send you another one.

The courts order websites with "pirated content" blocked, so the ISPs specifically block those exact URLs and ignore the mirrors. This happens every few months, so there's always alternatives and it doesn't even slow you down.

Situations like that make me thank God to live in Brazil.

Here I can download, share or upload whatever I want without VPN or anything like that and I don't receive this kind of letter.

The blocks don't even affect you at all if you use a 3rd party DNS, the ISPs really only did the bare minimum required of them by law, they don't give a fuck.

>g-d

JEW!

The obvious downside is living in Brazil.

Yeah, that too. UK ISPs are pretty based, I've run through 3TB this month with no throttling.

If op refuses to do the tutorial and he decides to cut the connection, at&t will charge him a termination fee of a few hundred bux

virgin and sky are the ones that care, because they create and broadcast content

free money!

My only complaint is the shitty speeds, the ISPs are all too greedy to give Openreach some £££ and the government refuses to give them gibs too

What do you mean "copy the link addresses"?

Haven't used Virgin in years, but I'd have gone for them if I wasn't getting a heavy discount for EE. 100/200/300 compared to 19/38/76 makes me wonder how anyone else is still in business.

You can get 76 down from anyone, I'm getting 72 average on my new router with EE.

BT are pushing 330 down to 1mil homes by the end of the year on copper wires, so look forward to that expanding.

Magnet, I assume.

I live in the uk, virgin stopped sending letters after i got loads of them they only really send them if you are downloading Hollywood movies other than that they never sent them. Most of the mirrors are cancer though they always loaded with a fuck tonne of ads

With virgin i average around 8MB down my up is attrocious though i think this is the best isp in my area sky are a pile of wank they barely surpass 1MB down speeds

What if he doesn't "decide to cut the connection", just sits there and doesn't do anything? If at&t then end up cutting him off, of their own decision, will they still be able to charge the termination fee?

>using the smiley with the carat nose

how many times are you going to make this thread OP?

Thank god for adblockers. What plan are you on? IIRC Virgin do 50/100/200/300 and that sounds wrong for any of them I think they're meant to be about 10:1 DL/UL.

In theory, but shit is so oversubscribed in most areas. When I first signed up for fibre back in 2012 I got 80/20 but these days I'm lucky to get 30/5

they just keep billing you dingus

I'm on Sky and I've never even recieved a letter.

And some proxies are shit but with an ad blocker a surprising number of them are perfectly usable. Every few months one goes down/gets blocked, and 5 minutes later I've got a new one bookmarked.

Hi Lance.
It helps if you don't pick popular items to download.

in that case he won't be charged the termination fee, i think

Phone them up, tell them the slow speeds are unacceptable and threaten to cancel. You might at least get a discount.

Even with ublock many of them still get through on most of the mirrors tho. I have the 300mbps package but dont think it gets that high thats just the max it can be. Steam can go up to around 12mbps sometime just torrents never exceed 8 think average for torrents with decent seeds is only about 5M.

When i finish university and move out i'll probably get a business line hooked up to my house. The price isn't that much more but i thinks its 350mb

or he could just pay the 12 or so dollars a month for a streaming service

right click on magnet link. copy link address. Input into UI via their add torrent w/ URL function.

Blam. No torrent even made it onto your system.
With FTP download from a seedbox nobody can see what you're pulling, only how big what you're pulling is. Which you can never get around really.

>he isn't his own ISP
>he can't torrent for shit
>out of everything he could've chosen, he goes with AT&T
>has the same name as one of america's largest cracker and peanut distributors
i bet you use Windows 8.1 and smell like expired water an eat deviled eggs at least twice a week

virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/speeds.html

You're getting fucked m8. Phone them up and screech about it.

>expired water

> 720p

kek think my post might be a bit confusing because i have been mixing together mega bit and mega byte but just saying mb. I'm pretty sure my speeds are around what they should be.

>Turn off upload, that's the technically illegal part (sharing the file to others)
Source?

Don't need source it's common knowledge downloading isn't who they go after since that isn't sharing. If you seed torrents you are making it accessible for others which is what they don't want

I already did that, nothing they can do. Got my bill reduced but I would prefer the faster speeds

>mfw piracy (download only) is 100% legal
>law enforcement doesn't bother chasing small time uploaders
Feels good to have law on your side.

They only go after the sources of torrents because you can't practically sue tens of millions of people. Taking down the people who share the original file stops it all.

Damn. Are you on the 100mbps down package?

Aren't these ignorable because they can't technically tie a person to an IP? So if he straight just does nothing what could go wrong?

Wow dude. There's impractical jokers marathons like every day

1. They can't literally tie a person to an IP, but they can do it technically (process of elimination, etc) There's nothing that forbids them to do so and we've seen it done countless times, most often employed in more severe cases of lawbreaking.
2. They give you a shitty agreement to sign where it says it's your responsibility if someone uses your connection to do illegal stuff and you're fucked anyway. No need to find the person who did it if they already got you and your signature there.
If law allows corporations to do it, they will find a way.

Infinity 2, was quoted at up to 80 at the start but it's been steadily decreasing over the years as the cabinet becomes more and more crowded. I've seen some Openreach guys around town upgrading some cabinets recently though, maybe they'll come down my way,

His internet gets disconnected

>They only go after the sources of torrents
That they only go after uploaders doesn't make downloading legal.

>using trackers in year > 2010

This desu, companies are throwing 1gb/s connections at me at 15$ a month currently, and I can download literally anything no one gives a shit.

>torrenting with unencrypted traffic
>using public trackers
shiggy diggy

Most of these companies don't bother to see who's uploading/downloading. They just grab every IP in the swarm.

Would you rather be paying thousands of dollars in fine?

>literally have hundreds of letters from comcast
>mfw ignore them and never get any repercussions whatsoever
comcast just doesn't seem to actually give a fuck

>watch series on netflix
>want to watch it again
>it's not available anymore
>have to shell out for a DIFFERENT streaming service to watch it
this is some bullshit, and why I pirate even though I could afford 5 different streaming services

>aking down the people who share the original file stops it all.
that's not how bittorrent works

>watches impractical jokers
Deserved it

I mean the literal torrent file, being created by whoever releases the torrent. In the UK they only go after the distribution groups.

found the romanian

why do you have to insult me