Windows 10 China Government Edition

Let's talk about it - is it worth the effort to get it functional and running, does anyone know if the 'telemetry' and phoning home is really removed, has anyone tried? Let's get fucking educational you dorks.

Other urls found in this thread:

gist.github.com/CHEF-KOCH/fff6b236292216f358fd5f05c792848c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you play games I'd put in the effort
If not, literally install hardened gentoo (or openBSD), you'll learn a lot more new stuff during the install and end up with a tinfoil approved fast as fuck system that still can do pretty much everything

你找着了下载视窗10政府专用版的链接了?请分享

它不存在。

>视窗

白高兴了一阵子
“视窗“是正确的。但现在这名字可能不用了

不要吃我的狗

你一定觉得狗肉是美味佳肴,UMA DELICIA等品。

Stop roleplaying. China banned Sup Forums.

microsoft provides the source of windows to china so they can make their own flavor. you would be dumb as fuck to actually use in any capacity other than trying to act like a tool on Sup Forums

No actually, Sup Forums banned china.

You can access Sup Forums from china with a simple VPN or changing DNS requests.

Actually no. Only capchas are banned, which explains why few post.

>not Australia or Canada
It's like moot asked for more shitposts.

有些僧侶其實是認為我們是中國人,不管怎樣,你們可以相信這些西方的豬正在使用我們的殭屍網WINDOWS 10絡。

中國政府控制的其他軟件是什麼?

Please tell me the best way to learn mandarin

获得更好

Didn't China ban VPNs too recently?

一堆用Google翻譯的北七

I asked this yesterday and some guy told me Confucius Institute.

ching chong

they could easily ban common VPN services, but they can't really ban everything that *can* be a VPN
for example, i last visited china in 2014, and i tunneled traffic via SSH to my VPS, effectively making it a proxy that i could access the rest of the internet from, so i could keep using youtube/Sup Forums/etc (yes, Sup Forums, since my VPS is with a provider not specializing in VPNs, it's not a clear target for blind range banning)
and you can't just ban all VPS providers, either, as you'd be blocking a lot of private business and mail servers as well (which my VPS is also used for, btw)

钓鱼岛是日本的

Any link to get this?

Things have changed a lot since 2014. They are using machine learning algorithms to block VPNs and other tunnelling nowadays. About 5 mins of any web browsing, through any means, gets you figured out and shut down. Very cool technology, very annoying to circumvent.

It probably still has telemetry but it now sends data to a government server in Beijing instead of MS servers in Redmond.

For free.

Grsec went full jew so the hardened kernel sources were dropped :(.

Even without telemetry, 10 is a mess.

-Custom theme support is crappy and can get screwed up by an update
-Defaults look silly
-Big updates can fuck up the system and it's always more preferrable to just do a clean install
-These big updates include jack shit, most of them are about better Cortana support which no one cares about and shit related to your MS account which you'd be better off not using
-AppLocale software mostly doesn't work well at all, gotta do it the manual way
-The system thinks you're a little bit stupid and changes user account control options whenever it pleases
-Many more advanced settings are fake switches

I just can't handle that system. And the worst thing is that more and more shit I need does have some better support on it.

1) Start today.
2) Study every day.
3) Don't skip days.

>Let's get fucking educational

I tried the education version a good while ago and it didn't have Cortana but I think now it does.

I figure they're just looking for any sustained encrypted connection and they kill it?

I know this is a meme version, but is there any reason to use LTSB these days since I see so many people shilling it?

Not worth it at all. That would be like using RedStarOS as your main OS.

We should steal the source from China and make a freetard fork of it. How many bags of rice would it take to convince some commie chink to mail it to us on a hard drive?

LTSB is bare bones Windows. You get a very basic version and install only what you want/need and there's an option to activate locally without a key, so you don't have to pay for it or mess with Russian malware loaders and you still get security updates. It still spies on you but it's definitely better than the normal versions. No ads, no games, no store bullshit. It's what Windows 10 should've been.

>still spies on you
>It's what Windows 10 should've been
being this cucked

you can't post through a VPN

Are there any limitations with this?

I only use Windows for games, so is it possible to install drivers and directx?

I suspect this will be the future of computing - seperate botnets each powerful nation and their client states.

Why did Putin give Snowden asylum? Hint: it's because he hate three letter agencies having access to your data.

He hate how certain three letter agencies have such access and other don't. The moment that he gets such access it means the end of WikiLeaks.

Windows 10 LTSB (Now called LTSC) is essentially a stripped down version of Windows 10 Enterprise, supported for 10yrs (I think) but you don't get any of the new features in the new releases, you have to wait until the next release, sometime in 2019

If you don't care about that tho - then use it

link to install this?

>MS servers in Redmond
>Implying Microsoft stores data at headquarters instead of in data centers

Chinkland probably already cracked the SSL keys for the Microsoft server since it sends back too much good shit to just let go by unnoticed.

Don't.

I managed to get my hands on a copy of the .iso, I'm just wondering where to go from here. This was all sparked from seeing that Windows 10 AME thread and it got me thinking about whether I should try from what would seem to be the absolutely barebones (more so than LTSB/C possibly?) and rip out the 'bad' from the inside. Anyone have suggestions, etc? (inb4 don't do it user you'll become a chink slave)

Link? Want to test it out in a vm

Enterprise LTSC doesn't have DX12, which sucks if you were going to utilize it

gist.github.com/CHEF-KOCH/fff6b236292216f358fd5f05c792848c
Here's the steps to create the chinese government edition iso if you want it