Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linguistic_relativity
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I cant remember my dreams

Icelandic

this

dream in French

native English

Made threads about this before but they always get ignored.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linguistic_relativity

Interesting stuff.

Klingon

Have you ever dreamed in another language you don't know? I swear I had an entire fucking dream in bulgarian yet I know a shit about bulgarian (obviously that it's slavic). Don't ask me why I know it was bulgarian because I just fucking knew it, as well as I knew the dream was happening in Bulgaria and "myself" was another adult male.

probably everything was just a trick of the brain making nonsense noises and telling you it sounds like this language, still was a pretty rare dream that I still remember from beggining to end

The general concept reminds me of a recent study that showed German and English speakers will describe ambiguous pictures or videos differently, with German speakers interpreting some reason or purpose, and the English speakers only describing what is in the picture without any interpretation. For example, in the video of a woman walking down a road, such as in the pic, a German speaker would say that she is walking to her car, while an English speaker would just say that a woman is walking. What was most interesting was that bilingual speakers would switch between these two "modes" depending on which language they were using.

Someone mentioned that these differences actually reminded him of the differences between continental and analytic philosophy, which really does make you think.

> I swear I had an entire fucking dream in bulgarian yet I know a shit about bulgarian (obviously that it's slavic). Don't ask me why I know it was bulgarian because I just fucking knew it, as well as I knew the dream was happening in Bulgaria and "myself" was another adult male.

I bet this is how the "I am Greek" German poster started his obsession...

Dream in English, but I do speak Spanish and don't ever recall hearing it in my dreams.

I sometimes have these dreams where I'm beating the crap out of some stranger that is a threat to me by grabbing one of their limbs and violently flailing them in to walls and other surfaces. I always win and sometimes they end up dead. Happens at least once a month.

Last one I remember involved me getting stabbed in the arm, taking the knife from the aggressor, stabbing him straight in the chest, then picking him entirely up by the head and started flailing him against some furniture.

I remember my dreams almost every day for some reason.

95% of the times they are in Spanish, but sometimes, very rarely, I dream in English.

I had a dream in korean once, even though I don't know anything in the language, neither am I a weeaboo.
I pretty much remember it because in it I married a korean woman who had a kid.

I used to occasionally dream in Spanish back when I used the language frequently, but otherwise it's always just been English.

I've had dreams where I felt pretty fluent in Japanese before. Studied it in a classroom for like 3 years but I'm sooo shitty. In my dream though, it was like it all came naturally and all made sense...

I dream in english and russian
The english dreams are usually the weird ones about dead children
The russian ones usually involce the ones that like naked at school or in the forest

sleeper cell pls go

My dreams are either silent or so loud that i cant even understand, so i don't know.

French
French and sometimes English

I also have troubles expressing feelings in English for some reasons.

I think I dreamed in German once
but otherwise just English

dream in English and Swedish
English native

Dream in English
Native turkish

turkish

There's very little, if any speaking in my dreams for some reason. When there is talking, it's in muh native language, English.

I don't really have conversations in my dreams.
It's usually just me alone in some place, or some made up character(s) that don't speak. Rarely, if ever, do I have dreams about real people.

sometimes i wake up and im really really fucking tired and i look at my phone, the letters for a second are written in cyrillic text. its the strangest thing. what is the proposed hypothesis behind a phenomenon like this?

Esperanto

yeaj tjis

in Spanish. never dreamed in another language now that i think of it

are you guys busy in the mornings? the moment you put your mind on something else after waking up is the moment you forget everything that happened before
it's the same when you have a great idea at the car/bus and you don't write it down

I sometimes dream in Chinese, and I'm 100% white.

bulgarian and rarely in russian