What the fuck even is Java anymore?

Is Java just a minecraft meme?
Literally no reason for it other than Minecraft Is there actual use for Java these days?

the whole industry is a meme and the bubble is about to pop

FREENET WORKS WITH JAVA FUCK YEA

At this point there is no reason to keep Java around other than Memecraft.

>Is there actual use for Java these days?
As in, "should I write in Java if I have the choice?" the answer is no. Often you don't have the choice, either you're maintaining legacy POO or it's part of the requirements or whatever.

im strictly cpp, but js is useful with embedded devices and nodejs

minecraft modding back in 2010 was great for learning though

The JVM is actually pretty great and Java is still it's main language.

The second most popular language in the business according to TIOBE, next to C? Nah, don't botter OP. Better learn common lisp, you'll be a 1337 hacker!

I don't get the hate. Java 8+ is a modern language and even Java 7 lets you care about the code more than about syntax and language.

That's pretty awesome and definitely an interesting career of you like solving problems more than managing memory or reading about the newest framework every other day. It also opens a clear part towards engineering or management for your later years.

It's also among the highest paying languages, with interesting jobs in banking, insurance, trading and defense,, with a pretty low variance. Better than web and low-level in my book, but to each his own.

>Posts "wow I am so superior" image
>"is there actual use for Java these days"
Please wait until you are 18 to post

the minecraft thing tickles my triggerbones a tiny little bit

>Easy to write
>Has a type system
>Not a meme language
>Libraries for everything
>Jetbrains IDEs are written using just the standard GUI library and they look dank

Nice bait brainlet

>Is there actual use for Java these days?
Android.

Apart from that, the Internet's big websites generally run performance / stability critical parts on Java (the script that triggers the backup internally may still be python).

And apart from that, distributed computing, machine learning and so on are on the JVM (Often some hybrids of Java & Scala and maybe more).

>Android.
They are switching to kotlin tho

>python development
>not fast
ok kid

It's not everyone and their libs that are switching.

But maybe Java will loose to Kotlin on Android eventually, who knows. More likely is that both will be around.

js has nothing to do with Java

>big websites generally run performance / stability critical parts on Java

why is that exactly ?

wouldn't call python programs slow to develop but i guess it depends on your experience with the language. eh

>basically every major tech company uses java in some capacity
>"is Java a meme!?"

>good performance
>java

What's wrong with Scratch ?

I blame the normies

>js
> Good for embedded

Imma need some more details on that there

java is struts and deserialization just waiting to happen. it's pretty much job security.

>the minecraft thing tickles my triggerbones a tiny little bit
That's the point.

>What's wrong with Scratch ?
It's a shit meme language used by underage "programmers". Literally no use for it other than to get children into programming.

This is my part-time job right now, it's fuckin impressive what kinds of shit kids can put manage to hobble together with that clusterfuck of a language. There are these laggy pseudo-FPS games using all kinds of math hacks using an engine meant for 2D game development

Guys Java is so fucking hard. I have this gook ass professor who doesn't explain shit, his teaching is impossible to understand. His accent is horrible. His projects are boring as fuck and I haven't learned shit. Gonna export my homework to pajeet on fiverr tomorrow for that easy A. Anyway how can I catch up in class? Modding Minecraft seems fun.

Meme?

>ewor
I always see these "brilliant kid programmers" on the news, then they show them using scratch.

>Believing in the news these days
Kek.

>Not learning Java by yourself

Does anyone know non-java replacements for jDownloader and Universal Media Server? For both Windows and Linx

farts

uh oh....STINKY!!

POOP!!!!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHH FUNNY POOPIES!!!!!!!!!!!

XD ELELELELELELELEL PPPPPPPOOOOO

PPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYY

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

YYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAH AHAHAH

AHAHAHA FUNNY POOP! POOP FUNNY! WEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY FOR POOPIE! GOOD POOPIE! POOPIE FUNNY! AHAH XDDD

DDDDDDD

DDDDDDD DDDDD POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP

POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP

POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP LELELELELELELELELELELELLE XDXDXD

POOPY FUNNY! YAY! FUN FUN POOP

! TEE HEE XD POOP! POOPY! YAY! POOP MAKE ME HAPPY! HAPPY HAPPY P

OOP POOP! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHDXDXD

UH OH< I THINK I MADE A POOPIE :))))))):):)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POOP IN PANTS! NO DIAPER! THAT'S FUNNY! XDDD

OOPSIE! POOPY UNDERWEAR NOW! TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE

WE WANT POOPIES! WE WANT POOPIES! AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH HHHHHHHH :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) AHA

POO

No . Java is shit , don't learn it , especially pajeets , please stay in c++. Thanks .

And i2p too. Althought there is a c++ implementation too.

Im glad I tried Java, Its the reason I program Embedded systems with C now kek

That was a very well made intellectual post user, thanks for the info.
>You must be 18 or older to post on Sup Forums.

Install Gentoo.

1.1 billion desktops run Java
930 million Java Runtime Environment downloads each year
3 billion mobile phones run Java
31 times more Java phones ship every year than Apple and Android combined
100% of all Blu-ray players run Java
1.4 billion Java Cards are manufactured each year
Java powers set-top boxes, printers, Web cams, games, car navigation systems, lottery terminals, medical devices, parking payment stations, and more.

>yeah java is le ebic meymey x-D

It's a fast language for writing tiny scripts but as soon as your programs have more than 10 functons the lack of strict typing starts hindering you. Also OOP is nightmare on Python.

>most revelant language on the job market today
>underage b&s and NEETs on Sup Forums think it's a meme

yea no surprise here

It's good for teaching programming concepts to people who will never write a single program themselves. If you actually want to be a programmer you should start with a proper language since you will have to learn it anyways.

You can type functions in Python though, and its OOP is understandable after a bit of fiddling.

its because its impressive as fuck to your average tech illiterate middle aged person/ parents they look at that shit and have no idea what's going on so think its amazing

>Scala is a superset of Java
>people still use Java
No, the switch needs to happen and it needs to happen now.

JavaScript seems easy for kids. Have you tried teaching it?

>DAE java suckks?? xD
>>>/reddit/

the speed and which you can write and advanced hello world implementation is not relevant.

I would not call it a superset

this is so wrong. java isn't for performance, it's for resources. development in java isn't fast either. also, python, ruby and go as neither shows that whoever made that doesn't know shit about those languages.

You mean Java generally, including web application servers,
or Java on the manchild's desktop?

What language do you use for web applications?

I write java backend servers for various companies. Its good