What are some good resources to learn about networks/networking?

What are some good resources to learn about networks/networking?

Other urls found in this thread:

Sup
uw43tal2d7wwziju.onion/computer/Computer Networks 5e 2011 Tanenbaum Wetherall.pdf
dunkelheit.com.br/cisco/C3725-AD.BIN)
s3ctur.wordpress.com/2017/06/19/breaking-into-infosec-a-beginners-curriculum/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

everyone throws their shit through window in that area?

AHA, gotcha

best to learn about networking is through cybersec i believe

>through cybersec
That seems pretty broad, given networking itself is a very broad subject

Is this image real?

First thing I noticed as well.

bump

What the hell am I looking at here?

Ponte City Tower

>Ponte City Tower
Seems comfy.

For theory:
Sup Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Computer_Science_and_Engineering#Networks

uw43tal2d7wwziju.onion/computer/Computer Networks 5e 2011 Tanenbaum Wetherall.pdf

What about practice?

hump

look at ccna books to get a solid foundation
cisco is a shitbag company but that cert of theirs has a lot of breadth and depth that will help you understand a ton

Yes, it is in africa. Built by the white man, turned into a trash dump by the natives.

I'm not op but I've been looking at those certs. The resources they suggest in order to study are vast and expensive. Are there other places I can get similar reading material for a better price?

I don't remember this episode of Girl's Last Tour and I just picked it up today.

>The resources they suggest in order to study are vast and expensive.
the two books by wendell odom are about $20 each, it's really not that bad
and you can just download epubs/pdfs from librarygenesis, or if you want audio/video you can pirate ccna courses by chris bryant or cbt nuggets

they suggest buying equipment, which if you're going to actually get the cert instead of just use them as a foundation to study, you probably should buy something physical to play with
these tests are $300 so dropping $30 per used router or switch off ebay isn't a bad idea

till you decide to buy stuff, use GNS3 simulator software along with with a software image for some router (a decent one i used being dunkelheit.com.br/cisco/C3725-AD.BIN) and you'll be able make up labs to do without burying yourself in equipment
it's definitely sufficient for learning the software concepts

oh my bad, I must have read something else then because there was a huge list of books they linked to.
I'm going to do CCNA when I can afford it but do they say what equipment you would need? I've never meddled with cisco before

also forgot to ask which 2 books? I've seen other people suggesting the complete study guide one

ignore me, I'm retarded

Google

the recommended equipment changes a lot depending on what equipment is being offloaded onto ebay
if you search ebay for ccna, some people will probably have prebuilt racks of equipment at exorbitant prices, just write down what they say the lab is made up of and buy the same pieces individually

the labels are a little weird CCENT1+CCENT2=CCNA
if something is labelled CCNA then it's probably encompassing both CCENTs, when i referred to two books i was talking about CCENT1 and CCENT2

Thanks for all your help user.

DuckDuckGo (Dark theme)

the episode 5 ed is fucking comfy as

is it worth watching with Sup Forums? I figured I'd wait until it was finished airing

>During the late 1980s, gang activity had caused the crime rate to soar at the tower and the surrounding neighbourhood.[3] By the 1990s, many gangs moved into the building and it became extremely unsafe. Ponte City became symbolic of the crime and urban decay gripping the once cosmopolitan Berea neighbourhood. The core filled with debris five storeys high as the owners left the building to decay.[6] There were even proposals in the mid-1990s to turn the building into a highrise prison.[3] In 2001 Trafalgar Properties took over management of the building and began making numerous improvements.[7]

>The core filled with debris five storeys high

kek

>When built, Ponte City was seen as an extremely desirable address due to its views over all of Johannesburg and its surroundings.

niggers ruin everything.

Telecommunications engineer here. Don't learn it, study programming first then network ing. It's gonna be dead in a couple of years

>It's gonna be dead in a couple of years
what makes you say that?

>currently investing a lot of resources into a networking product

How can networking be dying?

>shill thats trying to save face since his own kind is being slowly eradicated by smarter self taught AI's

Heh, nothin personnel kid

Are you referring to SDN?

pls respond

bros.......
s3ctur.wordpress.com/2017/06/19/breaking-into-infosec-a-beginners-curriculum/

This is some The Raid Redemption shit

infosec != networking
they intersect, but the former doesn't contain the latter